To add some humour...

4 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Yes, it applies to loading the dishwasher, putting clothes in the washer, putting dishes away in the cabinets, vacuuming and a quite a few other household chores.  Maybe even parking the car in the garage.....or putting a trash bag in the garbage can or....or.....or.......LOL!

Yep, loading dishwasher and garage parking definitely applies

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

LOL.  Last week my son helped out by folding the load of towels.  My daughter caught me in the bathroom refolding them. She knew exactly what was going on when she popped her head in the doorway.  At least I didn't have to unfold them entirely, he only got one fold wrong.

I'd find better things to do.....

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 3:54 PM, 2chiefs said:

image.png.5fb63bd31468a45cf0022cf1c38ba01a.png

I do British Army folding - halve the longest side (for bedding and towels anyway). DW does not get it - I get it in the neck when I try to help!

Edited by SteveH2508

2 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

I do British Army folding - halve the longest side (for bedding and towels anyway). 

Never heard it called that, might have to do with that I'm not British...but that's the way I do it, nothing else makes sense to me.  

7 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Never heard it called that, might have to do with that I'm not British...but that's the way I do it, nothing else makes sense to me.  

Presumably it is the military way the world over - simple to teach and retain is good.

34 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

I do British Army folding - halve the longest side (for bedding and towels anyway). DW does not get it - I get it in the neck when I try to help!

I'm do short American myself.  Halve the short side.  Halving the longest side only works if you are tall, otherwise you have to have your arms over your head in order to avoid the towel or sheet touching the floor. I could only fold about 5 towels the British way before my arms go numb.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

I never knew it was the British Army method, that's the way I do it.  I had to teach my dear husband to do it that way years ago.  He's better at it now.🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I'm do short American myself.  Halve the short side.  Halving the longest side only works if you are tall, otherwise you have to have your arms over your head in order to avoid the towel or sheet touching the floor. I could only fold about 5 towels the British way before my arms go numb.

I fold them on the bed. No numb arms here.

5 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

Yes, it applies to loading the dishwasher, putting clothes in the washer, putting dishes away in the cabinets, vacuuming and a quite a few other household chores.  Maybe even parking the car in the garage.....or putting a trash bag in the garbage can or....or.....or.......LOL!

I did laundry at my parents' house for 20 years when I was growing up. It was never an issue. When I got married, my wife told me I was doing it all wrong. I now haven't had to do a load of laundry for 34 years! Sometimes being stupid comes in handy. 😁

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I did laundry at my parents' house for 20 years when I was growing up. It was never an issue. When I got married, my wife told me I was doing it all wrong. I now haven't had to do a load of laundry for 34 years! Sometimes being stupid comes in handy. 😁

My wife was never taught how to do laundry she just throws everything in lights darks cotton dleicates.  She sets the drier for very dry then sometimes remembers to take out the permanent press before they dry to a crisp and shrink.

She never really used a dishwasher so she will just put stuff in will nilly so it can fit the least amount of dishes possible.  She will put one large mixing bowl that was used for salad rather than hand wash it taking up about 50% of the bottom of the rack.  knives pointed up  show up now and then.

Park the car in the garage I have tennis balls hanging down as a marker she was on the phone yesterday and kind of forgot to hit the brakes.   Hit the cabinet at the end hard enough I heard it inside the house!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fredflint said:

My wife was never taught how to do laundry she just throws everything in lights darks cotton dleicates.  She sets the drier for very dry then sometimes remembers to take out the permanent press before they dry to a crisp and shrink.

She never really used a dishwasher so she will just put stuff in will nilly so it can fit the least amount of dishes possible.  She will put one large mixing bowl that was used for salad rather than hand wash it taking up about 50% of the bottom of the rack.  knives pointed up  show up now and then.

Park the car in the garage I have tennis balls hanging down as a marker she was on the phone yesterday and kind of forgot to hit the brakes.   Hit the cabinet at the end hard enough I heard it inside the house!

To solve the garage parking problem I purchased an 8ft 4x4 and placed it where I wanted wife's car to stop, works great.

5 hours ago, JamesEM said:

To solve the garage parking problem I purchased an 8ft 4x4 and placed it where I wanted wife's car to stop, works great.

I do this also, for myself. I have a very long truck that fits in my garage with only inches to spare in the front and back. I attached a piece of 4X4 to the floor (one wheel only) so I know when to stop.

21 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I do this also, for myself. I have a very long truck that fits in my garage with only inches to spare in the front and back. I attached a piece of 4X4 to the floor (one wheel only) so I know when to stop.

My Dad hung a tennis ball on a string from the ceiling.  When the ball touched the windshield, stop!

• Like 1