To add some humour...

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

If I had made this, Ouzo would be top of list

The most money I ever spent in a jewelry store was in the Plaka in Athens. Demetrios kept refilling our glasses of Ouzo and orange juice. 
It tasted better and better. 
Not so much that night. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

LOL

When I lived in Greece, there were wines called "Retsina". Aweful, but I drank them.

(Drank a lot of Ouzo too)

T

Retsina tastes like pine sap, Ouzo like the strongest licorice ever made. 

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

I’m guessing maybe some of us older generations will be the only ones to actually get this?

😉

1 hour ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Roger Miller, King of the Road. 

You must be old......

😀😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You're right. In fact, I was always told "retsina" was a word derived from the word "resin". I don't know if it's true but it's certainly fitting.

I also drank a lot of Ouzo during the 2 years I lived there.

Edited by 2chiefs

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

That's because it is aged in pine barrels instead of oak barrels.  After the first glass all your taste buds are numb, and the rest of the bottle goes down well.  You could get the good stuff for around $2 a bottle.  LOL

59 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

You must be old......

😀😄 

I hope not at only almost 66😉😉

I just enjoyed music when I was a kid. Was at Shea stadium to see the Beatles when I was 9. Still have my ticket stubs. 😂😂😂

Edited by lovemycruisetoo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

I hope not at only almost 66😉😉

I just enjoyed music when I was a kid. Was at Shea stadium to see the Beatles when I was 9. Still have my ticket stubs. 😂😂😂

The Beatles at Shea. Wow. I was 16 at the time and would have loved to be there although from the videos I've seen, they were really bad because they couldn't even hear themselves. Must have been crazy in the crowd.

11 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

That's because it is aged in pine barrels instead of oak barrels.  After the first glass all your taste buds are numb, and the rest of the bottle goes down well.  You could get the good stuff for around $2 a bottle.  LOL

$2 a bottle? Hmm in 1972 & 1973 I think I paid much less than that LOL. Actually I don't think I ever bought any. After tasting it once, I opted for the local cheap non retsina wine named Domestica. I only drank retsina as required when offered while socializing with my Greek friends and neighbors.

When I lived in Sardinia in the late 70's I bought the local wine by the case at $.35 a bottle and also paid deposit on the bottles. The 750ml bottle of wine cost less that a liter of bottled water at the time.

A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his father as to when they could discuss his use of the car.

The father offered his son the following deal.

“You bring your grades up from a C to a B average, study your Bible a little and get your hair cut. Then we’ll talk about the car.”

The boy thought about that for a moment, decided he’d settle for the offer and they agreed on it.

After about six weeks his father said, “Son, you’ve brought your grades up and I’ve observed that you have been studying your Bible, but I ’m disappointed you haven’t had your hair cut.”

The boy said, “You know, Dad, I’ve been thinking about that, and I’ve noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair, and there’s even strong evidence that Jesus had long hair.”

Got to love the Dad’s reply:

“Did you also notice they all walked everywhere they went?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• read2learn changed the title to To add some Humour