Feel Sorry for Ovation and Radiance

On 3/14/2020 at 5:16 PM, cruisingator2 said:

We may see some of the Alaska bound ships move to Los Angeles and San Diego doing Mexican Riviera cruises until things settle down. 

Well my fingers are crossed...and some said RCI would only return to our coast when pigs fly.....Well maybe their getting ready to take off :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Well my fingers are crossed...and some said RCI would only return to our coast when pigs fly.....Well maybe their getting ready to take off :classic_biggrin:

That guess was made 4 months ago, I may be wrong, but I think the OP was thinking this would have happened back then.😉

On 3/14/2020 at 6:16 PM, cruisingator2 said:

We may see some of the Alaska bound ships move to Los Angeles and San Diego doing Mexican Riviera cruises until things settle down. 

I would book one if the Mexican virus surge has died down.  would be like the cruises that Royal used to have out of LA.

• Like 1

I have a friend that was scheduled to fly to Alaska and was unable to do so as they require a CV19 negative test within last 72 hours. He and his wife both took the test. Her results came back before the flight but his didn’t. She took her flight. He is waiting another test and trying to schedule another flight. 

M8

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have a friend that was scheduled to fly to Alaska and was unable to do so as they require a CV19 negative test within last 72 hours. He and his wife both took the test. Her results came back before the flight but his didn’t. She took her flight. He is waiting another test and trying to schedule another flight. 

M8

Not true (or as you would say..FAKE NEWS).   Test just needs to be performed within the 72 hour time limit before departure.  If you don't have test results by the time you leave, you simply check the box on the paperwork that you are waiting for test results, then required to self quarantine at place of your choice until test results come in, then email to Alaska.gov.   There is also a 5 day option.  

We are leaving for Alaska on the first to spend the month of August there, our tests are scheduled for the 28th of this month.  From Alaska.gov website:

#1 TEST WITHIN 72 HOURS OF DEPARTURE

(a)

I WAS TESTED WITHIN 72 HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE AND IT WAS NEGATIVE. PROOF OF THE RESULT IS PROVIDED.
I consent to take another test between 7-14 days after arrival in Alaska. I agree to minimize my interaction with others until my second test is back, 14 days has passed, or I leave the state, whichever is earlier.
(b)

I WAS TESTED WITHIN 72 HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE BUT I AM WAITING FOR MY TEST RESULTS.
I agree to quarantine at the listed location until I receive test results, which I will email to traveler@alaska.gov. I will take another test between 7-14 days after arrival in Alaska. I agree to minimize my interaction with others until my second test is back, 14 days has passed, or I leave the state, whichever is earlier.

#2 TEST WITHIN 5 DAYS OF DEPARTURE

(a)

I WAS TESTED WITHIN 5 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE AND IT WAS NEGATIVE. PROOF OF THE RESULT IS PROVIDED.
I consent to a test at the airport today and a third test between 7-14 days after arrival in Alaska. I will minimize my interaction with others until my third test is back, 14 days has passed, or I leave the state, whichever is earlier.
(b)

I WAS TESTED WITHIN 5 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE BUT I AM WAITING FOR TEST RESULTS.
I agree to quarantine at the listed location until I receive test results, which I will email to traveler@alaska.gov. I will take another test between 7-14 days after arrival in Alaska. I agree to minimize my interaction with others until my second test is back, 14 days has passed, or I leave the state, whichever is earlier.

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not true (or as you would say..FAKE NEWS).   Test just needs to be performed within the 72 hour time limit before departure.  If you don't have test results by the time you leave, you simply check the box on the paperwork that you are waiting for test results, then required to self quarantine at place of your choice until test results come in, then email to Alaska.gov.   There is also a 5 day option.  

We are leaving for Alaska on the first to spend the month of August there, our tests are scheduled for the 28th of this month.  From Alaska.gov website:

#1 TEST WITHIN 72 HOURS OF DEPARTURE

(a)

I WAS TESTED WITHIN 72 HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE AND IT WAS NEGATIVE. PROOF OF THE RESULT IS PROVIDED.
I consent to take another test between 7-14 days after arrival in Alaska. I agree to minimize my interaction with others until my second test is back, 14 days has passed, or I leave the state, whichever is earlier.
(b)

I WAS TESTED WITHIN 72 HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE BUT I AM WAITING FOR MY TEST RESULTS.

#2 TEST WITHIN 5 DAYS OF DEPARTURE

(a)

I WAS TESTED WITHIN 5 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE AND IT WAS NEGATIVE. PROOF OF THE RESULT IS PROVIDED.
I consent to a test at the airport today and a third test between 7-14 days after arrival in Alaska. I will minimize my interaction with others until my third test is back, 14 days has passed, or I leave the state, whichever is earlier.
(b)

I WAS TESTED WITHIN 5 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE BUT I AM WAITING FOR TEST RESULTS.

You have a link and I’ll pass it on to him. 

M8

15 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Hope all goes well and we see you in February! Safe travels you two!😘

Thanks!  Looking forward to it.  Replaced B2B Radiance with a 2 week stay at a cabin in Homer, owned by the Kilcher family that does the reality series "Alaska the Last Frontier".  Should be interesting and fun.  🙂 

Gosh I hope we will still see you in Sydney...but the way things are going...all bets are off. 😞    Fingers crossed.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You have a link and I’ll pass it on to him. 

M8

Two of them, second being when you click on traveler form for arrival from first link.  Shame they did not check this out to save them trouble.  

https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers

https://app.kelvin.care/

• Thanks 1