RCI bankruptcy possibility - deposits and FCCs

16 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

IK. To be honest I had no faith in summer sailings back in April but I never expected it go this far into the fall. Now January doesn't even look good.

April/may I was figuring cruises would start back up in july or august at latest but was thinking we would have issues  come the holidays with flu season and covid.    Now it's all one big blurrrrr.  

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

April/may I was figuring cruises would start back up in july or august at latest but was thinking we would have issues  come the holidays with flu season and covid.    Now it's all one big blurrrrr.  

My thought was that people who wouldn't normally get the flu shot would get it this year and the mask wearing (at least here in NY) would cut down on cases of the flu. The final nail in the cruise industry coffin was the President getting Covid at the same time the cruise industry leaders were  about to have conference at the White House. 

IK. To be honest I had no faith in summer sailings back in April but I never expected it go this far into the fall. Now January doesn't even look good.
Put it this way, It'll be close if we sail Oasis August 22. I really don't want to be a guinea pig sailing unless if course it's 50-70 capacity.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

My thought was that people who wouldn't normally get the flu shot would get it this year and the mask wearing (at least here in NY) would cut down on cases of the flu. The final nail in the cruise industry coffin was the President getting Covid at the same time the cruise industry leaders were  about to have conference at the White House. 

Yes, that was a sign for sure.

43 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

NCL's CEO said they need around 60 days to get layed up ships up and running. If they don't start real soon I sure don't see December happening.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

NCL's CEO said they need around 60 days to get layed up ships up and running. If they don't start real soon I sure don't see December happening.

I agree but Royal will milk it for all it's worth before canceling.

8 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

And his whole mask denying, science denying White House has the virus. Ironic ain't it? The man literally just mocked Biden for wearing a mask so much.

It also goes to show that the Abbott rapid test isn't going to do much to protect cruise ships as it didn't do much for the White House.

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It also goes to show that the Abbott rapid test isn't going to do much to protect cruise ships as it didn't do much for the White 

Again test when boarding then wear your mask and social distance when possible as well as washy washy those hands.    I dont think they were doing that at the WH.

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Again test when boarding then wear your mask and social distance when possible as well as washy washy those hands.    I dont think they were doing that at the WH.

We all know what life is like on a cruise ship. Think of the pool deck or the Royal Promenade in the evening. Now cut the crowd by 50%. You still don't aporoach anything close to "social distancing". The latest thinking is that six feet may not even be adequate. Add to that 3000 people travelling from who knows where boarding the ship and a rapid test that is 95% accurate after the seventh day of becoming infected and less accurate prior to that day. Then there is the issue of eating and drinking playing a big role in many people's cruise experience while land restauants and bars are known to be problems.

I think the White House had far less obstacles to over come.

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

I have addressed this. I don't think cruises will start if everything goes perfectly late Spring/Early summer. Even that is a guess and it could be 2030.

2030?

8 hours ago, sfaaa said:

You sure? Go ask a Wall Street analyst or investment banker if he agrees. 

rofl. You evidently don't know which sector has been behind the share price appreciation/speculation of RCL, and the entire cruise sector the past few months. Hint: it's not a Wall st analyst or investment banker.

16 hours ago, firekapy said:

I love cruising as much as the next person but I think this industry is finished. 

There really was just nothing anyone could have done about any of this. Yeah I think what I want most is to get one last Royal cruise in so my status gets carried over to Celebrity!! One and done and sail somewhere else again!