Ships in Ft Lauderdale on Sunday, March 15

10 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

HAL has shuttles going to and from airport for everyone which is nice!  

When I first read this I thought it said HAL has shuttles going to and from the airport for everyone who is nice!

I was picturing people being left on the dock if they gave HAL any problems.

2 hours ago, travelnap said:

KK, Thanks for starting this thread.  It may be our last one for awhile.  Kathi has enough to worry about with getting home from her WC.  Thanks again.

You are welcome.

Late last night I remembered that Kathi mentioned on yesterday's sail away thread that she wouldn't be doing any more of these for a while, so I thought == well heck -- why not try to do the last couple while she and other world cruise passengers try to pack and figure out how they are going to get home.

2 hours ago, travelnap said:

KK, Thanks for starting this thread.  It may be our last one for awhile.  Kathi has enough to worry about with getting home from her WC.  Thanks again.

You are welcome.

Late last night I remembered that Kathi mentioned on yesterday's sail away thread that she wouldn't be doing any more of these for a while, so I thought == well heck -- why not try to do the last couple while she and other world cruise passengers try to pack and figure out how they are going to get home.

13 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

The Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam will be arriving in Ft Lauderdale on Sunday, March 15.

Nieuw Statendam: 05:30 - 17:00

Koningsdam: 06:15 - 17:00

Also in port: Celebrity Silhouette: 05:15 - 16:00; Emerald Princess: 05:45 - 16:00; Celebrity Edge: 06:00 - 15:30; Regal Princess: 07:00 - 16:00.

Links: The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/.

Veendam will be in Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday, March 18.

Thank You for posting this.

Wow!  What a crazy day.  Nieuw Statendam may have to stay in port if she has passengers overnighting on board, and Australia has banned cruise ships, so I wonder what is going to happen to all the ships in Australian waters.  Maybe they will just have to "head for home".

Thanks, KK, for the reminder.  Hope we do have a sailaway, however sad....

Koningsdam confirmed for 5pm departure along with Regal Princess.  Silhouette first to leave at 4 pm.

Nieuw Statendam still scheduled for 5pm, but not yet confirmed!

Looks like Edge is last to leave at 7pm - defo not leaving the best to last!

12 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Koningsdam confirmed for 5pm departure along with Regal Princess.  Silhouette first to leave at 4 pm.

Nieuw Statendam still scheduled for 5pm, but not yet confirmed!

Looks like Edge is last to leave at 7pm - defo not leaving the best to last!

Nieuw S ain't going anywhere until the results of the COVID-19 test on her deceased guest are in. That means no disembarking for her remaining pax until that time. We could be looking at an overnight stay for her 

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Nieuw S ain't going anywhere until the results of the COVID-19 test on her deceased guest are in. That means no disembarking for her remaining pax until that time. We could be looking at an overnight stay for her 

I suppose as it was local officialdom who detained her, then they will have to pay her overnight fees?

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

I suppose as it was local officialdom who detained her, then they will have to pay her overnight fees?

Hi, VMax,  I was going to email you, but. as I imagine you have guessed, we will not be in Cobh next month!  It was very sad cancelling our tour with a very nice gentleman, who was doing a bunch of research about Pat's family in Courtmac and Timoleague, and is now cancelling our lunch reservation at the Lemon Leaf in Kinsale.  So I'm sorry we won't be meeting you there.  Perhaps another year!

Pat is heartbroken he won't get his black pud......

The situation on the NS is ridiculous, IMHO.  Can they toss any more problems to the staff that have been dealing with this?

Was hoping to see both of our Pinnacle sisters leave.

I am wondering, with Alaska season in doubt, will Koningsdam make that long trip around South America with no guests?

10 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Hi, VMax,  I was going to email you, but. as I imagine you have guessed, we will not be in Cobh next month!  It was very sad cancelling our tour with a very nice gentleman, who was doing a bunch of research about Pat's family in Courtmac and Timoleague, and is now cancelling our lunch reservation at the Lemon Leaf in Kinsale.  So I'm sorry we won't be meeting you there.  Perhaps another year!

Pat is heartbroken he won't get his black pud......

Hi Ann,  Yes I guessed you and Pat wouldn't make it over.  There will be another time 🤞 (and plenty more puddings!)

Colin

Newsflash from this side;  Pubs and clubs closed until March 29th.  It will be a dry St Patrick's Day.😬

1 minute ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

The situation on the NS is ridiculous, IMHO.  Can they toss any more problems to the staff that have been dealing with this?

I am wondering, with Alaska season in doubt, will Koningsdam make that long trip around South America with no guests?

Two different people have reported that Koningsdam's Captain reported to her passengers that she would. In addition, a segment is scheduled to start in Calleao on  April 16th (after the pause) so she may pick up passengers then.

Just now, VMax1700 said:

Hi Ann,  Yes I guessed you and Pat wouldn't make it over.  There will be another time 🤞 (and plenty more puddings!)

Colin

Newsflash from this side;  Pubs and clubs closed until March 29th.  It will be a dry St Patrick's Day.😬

Here, too, St. Paddy's Day has been cancelled!  Self-isolation it is...

4 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

No doubt, Captain Simon Douwes, senior director, Deployment and Itinerary Planning, and his staff in Seattle have been pondering that one, along with the itineraries of the other thirteen ships since March 13th  

5 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

No doubt, Captain Simon Douwes, senior director, Deployment and Itinerary Planning, and his staff in Seattle have been pondering that one, along with the itineraries of the other thirteen ships since March 13th  

I feel so sorry for Captain Mercer, on the Amsterdam.  It must be so difficult trying to figure out what to do and where to go!

1 minute ago, Vict0riann said:

I feel so sorry for Captain Mercer, on the Amsterdam.  It must be so difficult trying to figure out what to do and where to go!

I'm with you on that one Ann! Very difficult times for him especially, knowing how much he cares about the welfare and comfort of his pax. He just can't win right now. What a horrendous way to close off a long and illustrious career

8 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I thought some years ago, that department, itinerary planning, was where I belonged.  Would not want to be there now!

10 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

HAL put out a list a few days ago about where cruises would be ending to begin the 30 day no cruises.  But as the President keeps closing ports, that list is changing quickly....................

Melbourne; Sydney; Darwin; Vancouver; Halifax; Victoria; Montreal; Quebec City; George Town, Grand Cayman; Rosseau, Dominica; Valletta, Malta; Yokohama; Manila; ...................yep, he has closed quite a few down, eh? 🙂