ECLIPSE DENIED BY SANTIAGO PORT

Beachin2

27 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Eclipse scheduled to end our voyage in Santiago Chili this morning has been denied entrance to the port.  Currently offshore making circles.  Next update scheduled for about 90 minutes.

Hope you all get home safely.  These are difficult times. 

Parents are onboard the ship.From them. No one with symptoms. Not cleared to dock to disembark. Are cleared to dock, refuel, and restock. Haven't docked yet, so no idea when thay will happen. Likely they refuel and sail for the USA.

Here is a thought.

Port in Chile and let off thier citizens and bring on fuel and provisions. 

Head north and let folks off in their own countries.  

The ship needs to end up in America and Canada anyway...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Here is a thought.

Port in Chile and let off thier citizens and bring on fuel and provisions. 

Head north and let folks off in their own countries.  

The ship needs to end up in America and Canada anyway...

There are people from other countries besides US and Canada on board (Ireland, UK, Israel among others from what I'm seeing posted on Twitter). With the ban on travel to Europe now and so many flights being cancelled it might be difficult for some of these people to get home from the US. Such a mess.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

There are people from other countries besides US and Canada on board (Ireland, UK, Israel among others from what I'm seeing posted on Twitter). With the ban on travel to Europe now and so many flights being cancelled it might be difficult for some of these people to get home from the US. Such a mess.

My thought is to get as many folks off as possible.  Maybe another country would be willing to stage a way to get folks to airports in anticipation of return flights home sponsored by their own country?  Just floating in circles does not accomplish much.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

People can travel to Europe. Just not from Europe to USA unless American.  The are few flights going anyplace.and after Monday with no more UK/Ireland allowed to fly to US - fewer passengers.

I was on the Norwegian Star and all passengers were allowed  to disembark at San Antonio Saturday (March 14)

People (like me) that were supposed to continue to Florida on the Star were also required to leave the ship as Norwegian cancelled the March 14-29 cruise from San Antonio to Florida

I as able to get a seat on the Air Canada flight to Toronto on Saturday night and made it home Sunday morning

I assume that the decision to close the port came later on Saturday.  It will be difficult for the people on the Eclipse to find alternate flights to get home.  Best of luck to one and all 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Petron said:

Talking about buttholes, maybe you should learn that the country is called CHILE.

Autocorrect on smart phones is not very smart, as we all know.

Correcting spelling added significantly to the discussion. TY

Edited by Beachin2
autocorrect
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Correcting spelling added significantly to the discussion. TY

You're so right.

Beside, it's against the rules of CC to correct spelling/grammar to anyone.

Not everyone on this board has English as a mother tongue...

• Like 1

We are on the Eclipse at the moment and could have to stay at sea for some days as Chile will not let us enter. The staff are fantastic and looking after us well with food and free drink and wifi! The USA, Canada and the UK are all in discussion to find a resolution to this problem. We have stopped trying to book flights home as we now do not have any idea of when or where we will depart the ship. 

We are a healthy ship and we all need to be able to go home !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Petron said:

Talking about buttholes, maybe you should learn that the country is called CHILE.

Just an FYI, it's against the rules to correct one's spelling/grammar in a CC thread.  Often times, auto correct on certain devices thinks it's smarter than the human using the device.  Can be very frustrating, especially if there's someone on the other end who is acting as editor.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, seahappy08 said:

We are on the Eclipse at the moment and could have to stay at sea for some days as Chile will not let us enter. The staff are fantastic and looking after us well with food and free drink and wifi! The USA, Canada and the UK are all in discussion to find a resolution to this problem. We have stopped trying to book flights home as we now do not have any idea of when or where we will depart the ship. 

My best friend and his wife are on this sailing (we almost went with them), they said that the mood on the ship is generally good and since they've gotten their luggage back they will probably be on board for a bit.  I do understand that the lines for flights at the Santiago Airport are about 8 hours long.  Heck, might be better to be at sea than fight that mess at present.  He did indicate that nobody on the ship is ill...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, seahappy08 said:

Praying for a speedy solution so that you all can get home safely.  And as anxious as you all must be, you might be in a safer position on your ship than all of us here on land.  Our area is on social distancing lock down as the virus continues it's vicious spread.  At least you all have a healthy ship and hopefully, plenty of toilet paper.  There's hardly any to be found in the stores on land.  Stay well and please continue to keep us posted.