ECLIPSE DENIED BY SANTIAGO PORT

Beachin2

Update: Ship still receiving provisions and they took the opportunity of getting even more fuel. A good portion of medications were brought on board. Remaining medications expected to arrive today. Captain expects to depart for San Diego today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, El turista said:

Update: Ship still receiving provisions and they took the opportunity of getting even more fuel. A good portion of medications were brought on board. Remaining medications expected to arrive today. Captain expects to depart for San Diego today.

Sail safe and make the best of it.  Having 14 days cruising to San Diego with full provisions and no virus actually sounds very appealing to me right now compared to my home situation.  We are all with you!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, baabtx said:

The Pilot boat is next to the Eclipse the morning, let's hope she'll be underway soon. 

Still bunkering, watching it now.  Capt said earlier more medicine and provisions are coming, pretty sure you can't bunker and load at the same time while anchored.

My guess is about 2 ship time (about 3 more hours).  Will be glad to get under way and the @#$% out of Chilean waters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Sail safe and make the best of it.  Having 14 days cruising to San Diego with full provisions and no virus actually sounds very appealing to me right now compared to my home situation.  We are all with you!

Be prepared for life back home to be very different from when you left. 14 days plus the time you have already been on board is a long time in the status of this virus. Enjoy the cruise.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Prost Seattle said:

I’d almost recommend when you get in touch with people at home to remain willfully ignorant of what life is like at home.  It sounds like you have two more weeks to enjoy life as it was.  

I've been watching MSNBC because that and Fox News are the only news channels we get on the ship and everything looks so terryfing and dismal.

2 hours ago, baabtx said:

The Pilot boat is next to the Eclipse the morning, let's hope she'll be underway soon. 

How are things in Austin?  Sux about SXSW; we lost rodeo. Its strange to see no traffic around HTown.

Enjoy your time on board Eclipse over the next two weeks.  Hope you got lots of wine, beer, and alcohol in your recent provisions before you head to San Diego.  All bars & restaurants in the State of South Carolina are closed.  😉 🍷

On 3/17/2020 at 8:08 PM, baabtx said:

Here's your ship pic for the afternoon! Great weather and dangit Valparaiso is so beautiful  ..  if you could only see it.  This was from the Azmara!

Eclipse this afternoon..jpg

Ok neighbor. Why did your ship return?

1 hour ago, mitz18 said:

How are things in Austin?  Sux about SXSW; we lost rodeo. Its strange to see no traffic around HTown.

Sloooow. It's wild to see both H Town and ATex with little traffic.  SXSW was big blow, then closing the bars/restaurants, ugh!

5 minutes ago, baabtx said:

Interesting...Here's a pic of the ship sailing away and here's the track back to Valpo.

AZ Track.JPG

Azmara Under Sail.jpg

I just hope it's not that they're not letting her sail out of Chile because of the lockdown that started midnight today.

We’ve got lots of supplies aboard Pursuit (bars are hopping at the moment).  We hope to see the Eclipse behind us shortly (seeing as she can probably go faster than we can, I’m guessing Eclipse will pass us sometime soon).

• Like 1

Stay safe…

Cheers to enjoying a healthy cruise and future travels to your homes! 

We had hope to be on the cruise you’re heading out on shortly…

All bars and restaurants in the state of Alaska have also been closed.  

Takeout, drive-through & delivery of food items still allowed. 

All entertainment & groups of greater than 10 are actively discouraged.

And some municipalities have closed all the entertainment.  

Hospitals, in Alaska, have closed to non-urgent surgeries.

Hospitals have been locked down no visitors allowed

20 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Apparently, the Pursuit paid the ransom/bribe required.  We may need to pass the bucket on the Eclipse.

And folks wonder why other folks dislike Latin america - truth.

Sadly, cost of doing business in some places in the world.

Just hope everyone  is safe and comes home healthy!

Edited by hcat

12 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Apparently, the Pursuit paid the ransom/bribe required.  We may need to pass the bucket on the Eclipse.

And folks wonder why other folks dislike Latin america - truth.

I heard an interview a few years back about corruption.  The expert being interviewed said that in the US, the rich essentially buy the politicians, who make the laws to favor the rich.  So technically people follow the laws here, but there is still corruption.  So it is not really appropriate to single out one area when it comes to corruption.

• Like 3