ECLIPSE DENIED BY SANTIAGO PORT

Beachin2

21 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Please- there is no reason to worry the poor folks on the Eclipse with such speculation.  

Yes, you are right. I'm sorry I made that comment and realise it was the wrong thing to do. I have good friends on Maasdam from New Zealand at the moment who were refused docking rights in Honolulu and are now on their way to San Diego also and emotions were high. Speculation does no good though. 

I wish all on Eclipse a safe trip to California. 

Phil 

• Like 2

Hope cruise is smooth sailing...enjoy the turtles and dolphins! 

All indications from TV and internet are that folks on board will be able to get to their homes safely!  No worries!

50 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, you are right. I'm sorry I made that comment and realise it was the wrong thing to do. I have good friends on Maasdam from New Zealand at the moment who were refused docking rights in Honolulu and are now on their way to San Diego also and emotions were high. Speculation does no good though. 

Phil 

No problem😊

Very happy our local port authority and city have opened San Diego for the Eclipse.  Hope some others can find this a safe haven for their debarkation.  I was just reading that there are 30 cruise ships currently sailing around our world somewhere.  That's a lot of ships looking for a port!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, twincheryl said:

Very happy our local port authority and city have opened San Diego for the Eclipse.  Hope some others can find this a safe haven for their debarkation.  I was just reading that there are 30 cruise ships currently sailing around our world somewhere.  That's a lot of ships looking for a port!

Our home is San Diego.  Last thing we would support is bringing a ship into our home with problems.  As we are told and see, everyone is healthy and we will have had15 days of isolation before our arrival.

Getting to be "board short" weather aboard as are we trek north.  Looking forward to being HOME!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

...... I have good friends on Maasdam from New Zealand at the moment who were refused docking rights in Honolulu and are now on their way to San Diego also and emotions were high. Speculation does no good though. 

Phil 

Phil:  Last night we watched the Maasdam leave the Port of Honolulu from our 27th floor hotel balcony.  A US Coast Guard cutter was also at anchor in the harbor and left just after the Massdam.  My birdwatcher husband always travels with at least one pair of binoculars, and he could see the upper decks lined with folks.  I certainly wish the Maasdam well and hope they have a smooth crossing.

And to Beachin2 and all of the others on the Eclipse:  Those of us on the Solstice were following your situation while on our March 10th cruise.  The Solstice docked at the OPT in Sydney the evening of March 19, but all remained onboard until the 20th.  The bulk of passengers on our QANTAS flight from Sydney to Honolulu were from either the Solstice or a Princess ship, and there was great relief as we taxied down that runway, followed by chapping when we landed in Honolulu 9+ hours later.  Now we are waiting for our Alaska Air flight out of Honolulu tomorrow, while we practice our social distancing skills — and from what we are observing from our hotel balcony, a number of folks seem rather fuzzy regarding what they should be doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

We are being taken care of so well on this little healthy bubble called Eclipse, we may just be like barnacles on a rock when we arrive at San Diego!  They may have to pry us off!

Definitely not hard to be us.  Just don't sneeze!

IMG_20200322_192440.jpg

14 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We are being taken care of so well on this little healthy bubble called Eclipse, we may just be like barnacles on a rock when we arrive at San Diego!  They may have to pry us off!

Enjoy it while you can.  It truly sucks here on land!😊

For those presently on Eclipse:  please keep posting about your trip.  We are following you back home and are very interested in your experiences.  On cruise mapper we see you are moving at great speed.    Wish you all the best !

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Just seen on Cruise Mapper that the Eclipse is now anchored in Manta  where there is a landing strip. Heard they are there to get some medication.

We make a planned quick stop for medication we either couldn't get or couldn't get enough of in Valparaiso.

Crossing the equator later today, always a fun ceremony.

• Like 1

There are 175 pax onboard who will not leave the ship in San Diego, denied entry to USA, maybe European Citizens, and after San Diego, Eclipse will sail to Puerto Vallerta in Mexico to let these persons off, and then head back to SD

46 minutes ago, sbtagent said:

There are 175 pax onboard who will not leave the ship in San Diego, denied entry to USA, maybe European Citizens, and after San Diego, Eclipse will sail to Puerto Vallerta in Mexico to let these persons off, and then head back to SD

Was this announced by the captain today?  Why would they not stop in Puerto Vallarta first since it is on the way to San Diego?

26 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Was this announced by the captain today?  Why would they not stop in Puerto Vallarta first since it is on the way to San Diego?

Yes, he did announce this in the morning update.  No clue why not stopping in PVR first.  Assume travel logistics??

I'm on Eclipse now the seas are like glass. We sailed over the equator this morning during Captain Leo's morning update. Someone was med evaced off the Eclipse last night in Manta. We are guessing that plans for flights out of San Diago have already been made hence dont want to stop in Mexico 1st

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Crossing the equator later today, always a fun ceremony.

I'd imagine they won't encourage actually kissing the fish? Maybe just approaching it with a pucker?

Have fun! You've got the best combination of Captain and Cruise Director, and I'm confident they are making the crew and passengers happy and comfortable.

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I'd imagine they won't encourage actually kissing the fish? Maybe just approaching it with a pucker?

Have fun! You've got the best combination of Captain and Cruise Director, and I'm confident they are making the crew and passengers happy and comfortable.

Well, ceremony turned out to be pretty lame.  Fish was glass, air kisses only.  Totally understand.  Initiation was 4 pax, 2 buckets of clean water each.  Thats it.  No eggs, flour, tomato sauce, spaghetti - nada.

Was our third (plus a blue nose).  One of the very few poorly done things done this trip.

If thats the only thing that goes sideways from here on out, we are lucky.

Were selling pictures with the fish fir $25 a pop though.  Sales looked brisk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beachin2 said:

Well, ceremony turned out to be pretty lame.  Fish was glass, air kisses only.  Totally understand.  Initiation was 4 pax, 2 buckets of clean water each.  Thats it.  No eggs, flour, tomato sauce, spaghetti - nada.

Was our third (plus a blue nose).  One of the very few poorly done things done this trip.

If thats the only thing that goes sideways from here on out, we are lucky.

Were selling pictures with the fish fir $25 a pop though.  Sales looked brisk.

Oh boy, on the Pursuit today, we had quite a colourful Kiss the Fish ceremony.  Hard to describe, but it involved kneeling in front of Neptune and his queen, fresh fish (which people kissed or got slapped in the face with - Captain Carl definitely got it bad), being rolled in a gross pile of what looked like bloody animal parts, and then falling into the pool.   The pool had to be closed and emptied - it was a mess!  A mixture of officers and passengers got the treatment.  I declined.