ECLIPSE DENIED BY SANTIAGO PORT

Beachin2

2 hours ago, BrendaJ said:

Oh boy, on the Pursuit today, we had quite a colourful Kiss the Fish ceremony.  Hard to describe, but it involved kneeling in front of Neptune and his queen, fresh fish (which people kissed or got slapped in the face with - Captain Carl definitely got it bad), being rolled in a gross pile of what looked like bloody animal parts, and then falling into the pool.   The pool had to be closed and emptied - it was a mess!  A mixture of officers and passengers got the treatment.  I declined.   

Safe home pursuit.  Have not seen you guys since yesterday afternoon.

Glad your ceremony was grand.  An opportunity missed here to raise spirits.

• Like 1

As i understand it, the 175 are folks that can not legally enter the US due to current travel restricttions.  PVR has a vibrant international airport.  Everyone that needs flights is being scheduled.  Confident X isn't planning a dump and run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 3:32 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Just seen on Cruise Mapper that the Eclipse is now anchored in Manta  where there is a landing strip. Heard they are there to get some medication.

Manta has an International Airport the the US Government spent money to improved during the 2000's. It was the Southern DEA / US Airforce Location.  Sadly the former Ecuadorian Government under Correa (A Chavista) wanted it closed, and it did as they did not renew the lease.  But it's a great airport and would have been a great Airport to have Charter flights from (especially for the Canadian Citizens).

Not sure about other nationalities, but our Aussie trivia friends whom were expecting to stay on the ship and fly home from Puerto Vallarta were pleasantly surprised yesterday to receive their airline itineraries.  They will fly out of San Diego via SF.  This appears to be some type of negotiated arrangement between the US / Aussie governments.

• Like 2

We are the last Celebrity ship at sea with passengers on board. Some passengers now getting details of their flights home. Shows continue to be great with the Rave Ons being a real highlight of this cruise. They have done so many great shows and continue to do so as we make our way to San Diago.

• Like 5

Most of the folks i have talked to have received their flight itineraries.  Told plan is to debark in groups bussed directly to the airport.  Figure it will almost work like a shore excursion???

Ship remains healthy and the mood good, people are ready for the adventure to close out on Monday though.  At 6 PM ship time tomorrow we will have been 15 days isolated from our last port stop, which was a tender stop to boot.

On laundry restriction and have been the whole trip. 10 pieces per cabin wash and fold only every 4 days.  Getting to be a bit like college - wear what passes the sniff test!

Pressing onward north!!!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Hi!!!!   hope you are staying safe!    Bill kissed the fish ..not me!!!

10 hours ago, gold1953 said:

We miss you!!!

Bill always gets all the fun!

Michael is on this cruise and it seems to be a great time is being had by all.  I hope they all stay healthy and have a great disembarkation in San Diego.

I've been following along this thread to vicariously enjoy the cruise, since who knows how long it will be before any of us get to cruise again!  Plus, it helps with the cabin fever 😀.

5 hours ago, Prost Seattle said:

Are you getting Captain’s Club points for the extra days?

If this was a serious question the answer will be no.  It will be excluded as a complimentary cruise  Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm glad people have made the most of a bad situation and can understand why they are looking for it to come to a close in the next few days.  Sounds like they have put together a reasonable plan for getting people home.

On 3/27/2020 at 9:49 AM, In_Steerage said:

Not sure about other nationalities, but our Aussie trivia friends whom were expecting to stay on the ship and fly home from Puerto Vallarta were pleasantly surprised yesterday to receive their airline itineraries.  They will fly out of San Diego via SF.  This appears to be some type of negotiated arrangement between the US / Aussie governments.

That is Auss-ome!😀

Most people are very happy that we will leave the ship on Monday and fly home. Celebrity and the whole crew onboard have been fantastic but we all want to be at home. Spare a thought for the crew that have been putting in lots of extra hours to

keep us all happy.

As this is a world wide problem, after our initial upset, when we were all trying to arrange flights home from Chile and countries were closing their boarders quickly, I think Celebrity have tried their best. 

It has mostly brought out the best of everyone onboard and we have all tried to help each other.

A safe journey home everyone!

• Like 5

On 3/15/2020 at 1:18 PM, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Chile may be overwhelmed from these two other ships:

https://news.yahoo.com/chile-quarantines-1-300-aboard-two-cruise-ships-183226852.html

I wish everyone a safe journey back home.  

Chile is like the Only country in Americas which still takes those cruises. I am sure their tourist agencies are flourishing. Peru is also very nice. SOUTH south America should be doing just fine. Its like the most untouched region of the world at the moment. I wonder how many ports in total do they have that can accept those huge cruisers..

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

Chile is like the Only country in Americas which still takes those cruises. I am sure their tourist agencies are flourishing. Peru is also very nice. SOUTH south America should be doing just fine. Its like the most untouched region of the world at the moment. I wonder how many ports in total do they have that can accept those huge cruisers..

Here is a website showing coronavirus throughout the region (map at bottom) and also hotlinks to each country and its restrictions.

As per the captain's update around 2pm today, disembarkation plans for San Diego on Monday 3/30 remain the same, however...

those without "travel documents to enter the US" will stay on the ship which will set sail for Acapulco.

This is a change over what was previously to be Puerta Vallarta.

Celebrity will make flight arrangements for those passengers from Acapulco to their home cities.

Arrival in Acapulco by the Eclipse is scheduled for April 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are from the UK and received our flight plans in the early hours. A chartered flight from LA to London Heathrow. The mood on board is good with a party planned for tonight. We will have been on board for 30 days by the time we leave. I have so much praise for Celebrity and particularly the crew of the Eclipse. I would not hesitate to sail on a celebrity ship again.

• Like 6

Since I started this thread, figure I may as well close this out.  I posted this here on the main board, but it very definitely also belongs here as well:

What a wild cruise that was!  Highest praise to Celebrity corporate and to the crew of the Eclipse.  We were kept informed and very well taken care of.  Debarkation this morning was the most organized and seamless we have seen in our +/- 50 cruises.  Distributing masks and gloves to each passenger at the gangway was an excellent touch.

We are local to San Diego, and it's GREAT to be home!

Stopped at the store for fresh supplies on the way home - it is a new world out there.

• Like 4