Currently on Coral Princess ....

On 3/28/2020 at 10:14 PM, Fear-the-turtle said:

Our travel companions and friends are still on board and running out of toothpaste! The ship store doesn’t have any, and their steward hasn’t located any. If any of you has a spare, Peter and Rinkje are in C236. Thanks so much; Cruise Critic folks are the best!

Debbie 

My grandfather came from a small Greek island. He brushed his teach his entire life with salt. He died in his 90's with all of his teeth.

7 minutes ago, Wichard said:

Update

The Captain has requested all passengers go to their rooms and stay there.  Since this morning additional cases of respratory illnesses have been identified.  

Oh no!  Not what any of you needed.  Sending good thoughts to you and everyone on board.

Further Update

I just spoke to my room steward and they are moving all the guests from interior cabins to balconies.  The rooms on each side of me are open.  In this difficult time the Captain and crew are doing their best to make a bad situation better where they can.  

Just now, pb_uk said:

Sorry Wichard, I was about to say hi when the announcement was made - we were next to you.Hopefully this is an ultra precautionary move.

Thanks pb_uk, I must admit I was half expecting this to happen.  Take care and be safe.

2 minutes ago, Wichard said:

Further Update

I just spoke to my room steward and they are moving all the guests from interior cabins to balconies.  The rooms on each side of me are open.  In this difficult time the Captain and crew are doing their best to make a bad situation better where they can.  

That's very thoughtful. Praying for everyone,

Debbie

1 hour ago, Wichard said:

Further Update

We’ve just had new neighbours move in! 
Now alongside in Bridgetown. Many at balconies....well when youve not seen land for a week😀😀

2 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

We’ve just had new neighbours move in! 
Now alongside in Bridgetown. Many at balconies....well when youve not seen land for a week😀😀

That's great!

Reassurance that land still exists!

How are they planning dinner???

Room service for everyone?

Just now, onboard2005 said:

That's great!

Reassurance that land still exists!

How are they planning dinner???

Room service for everyone?

We had a simple menu/order form at 4.
Room service not replying, presumably overwhelmed!

10 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

We had a simple menu/order form at 4.
Room service not replying, presumably overwhelmed!

So everyone has to eat in their cabin?

Good thing they moved everyone to balcony cabins. Sounds like you're going to be restricted from here on.

Edited by onboard2005

So everyone has to eat in their cabin?

Good thing they moved everyone to balcony cabins. Sounds like you're going to be restricted from here on.

Yes everyone eats in there cabin and I do not expect that to change until we disembark.  The Room Service number was overwhelmed for a time as they delivered the food but no drinks.  However, after a while my wife got through and the drinks were delivered shortly thereafter.  

Everything has sure changed for you all.

Are they still doing any housekeeping?

You'll be glad to be home!

Not much longer. 🙂

We will know tomorrow regarding housekeeping.

Just finished our meal on the balcony.

Now how much would a waterside meal in Barbados cost ashore?!

Watched a container ship leave, one arrive, also Sea Cloud depart. Busy place this!

One of our tenders also went off, Maybe to pick up something from another cruise ship? Unfortunately we’re port side and didn’t see where it went.

Edited by pb_uk
On 3/29/2020 at 6:25 AM, pb_uk said:

Latest from the Captain at 0900 ships time today (29March).

Stopping for supplies in Bridgetown Barbados in the evening of Tuesday 31/3, departing at midnight. No disembarkation allowed.

Then arrival early on Saturday 4 April in Fort Lauderdale to disembark.

Relevant embassy’s are in loop, non US have to get ESTAs (got ours yesterday).

Princess are booking onward flights for everyone, irrespective of how originally booked. Details of these with us in a couple of days. Ship will be alongside for two days.

I guess the two days is because they don’t expect  to get flights for all immediately upon arrival.

Captain sounded very positive (maybe because he avoided kissing the stinking fish yesterday!).

Item on BBC World news TV earlier from two of our fellow passengers, with images and an video interview. Pleased to hear report that Zandaam is being allowed passage through Panama Canal.

I wonder if the Crown going into port today without pre-reporting illnesses will affect the Crown from going in. I hope not!! Good luck, stay healthy and safe sailing to everyone!

16 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

I wonder if the Crown going into port today without pre-reporting illnesses will affect the Coral from going in.  I hope not!!  Good luck, stay healthy and safe sailing to everyone!

Conditions are getting bad for all involved and that did not help.  See the Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel article and specially the attached PDF from the Coast Guard which was published in the Miami Herald today.  The Coast Guard is telling ships to seek help in the country of their flag.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-bz-another-ship-with-sick-onboard-heading-to-fort-lauderdale-20200331-2pok2ylw7vc33me5gmphmk5kha-story.html

Coast Guard.pdf

Edited by bluesea321

The Celebrity Eclipse arrived in San Diego,  Ca yesterday with a severely sick woman on IV for bronchitis/pneumonia  (? COVID19). They reported that no one was I'll to port authorities.  When they arrived she required transport to the hospital. Tested positive COVID19.  Ship and port authorities haven't given any info or explanation. Local TV has verified the information.  They let thousands of people disembark. Someone is in trouble!

Hope everything goes ok for you guys.

You're in our thoughts. Be very careful.

1 hour ago, pb_uk said:

Just finished our meal on the balcony.

Now how much would a waterside meal in Barbados cost ashore?!

Watched a container ship leave, one arrive, also Sea Cloud depart. Busy place this!

One of our tenders also went off, Maybe to pick up something from another cruise ship? Unfortunately we’re port side and didn’t see where it went.

No food for us yet. We may just go to bed.