Jump to content

Currently on Coral Princess ....


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wichard said:

We are on the Aloha deck near the midship elevators.  This morning, Nancy was on the phone for almost an hour for room service to order some Diet Coke and water.  She finally got through and they said they could not deliver now but would be able to do so later.  She said fine no problem.  She needs to stay hydrated.  Maybe half hour ago a knock at the door announced the arrival of a large bottle of water.  I told her the Diet Coke would arrive later.  Just now another knock on the door and a tray with another two large bottles of water and 3 Diet Cokes arrived.  I thanked the waiter in his face mask and gloves.  It is a little strange but understandable to see the precautions they are taking to keep the crew and passenger safe.  

 

We just heard they are allowing the Zaandam to disembark in Florida so that is very encouraging for us.  I am very glad someone recalibrated the Governor.  

We got 2 small bottles earlier and then 2 large chilled bottles of water about an hour ago.  No lunch yet, but I'm sure they're doing their best!
Where did you hear that they were allowing the Zaandam into Florida?  I have been watching the news and thought there had not been any decision yet.  Hmmm?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Up until now I've been happy with Princess on the way they are handling the cruise in the condition of the quickly spreading of the coronavirus.  And I thought they were doing an amazing job thru this difficult time.  The crew is working so hard to make everyone so comfortable.  Yesterday, they moved all passengers from inside cabin or port hole window to balconies.  A nice gesture.  We had no one on the right side of our cabin.  But, had many other nice balcony neighbors.  Our balcony was peaceful, relaxing and quiet.  

 

Now they have moved an loud and rude person along side of us.  They cannot get on the phone unless they are using their speaker loudly and seem to be yelling as they talk into the phone.  Many of us nearby are unable to have private conversations or even talk to our friends in other balconies.  Plainly can not hear each other speak without their voice over powering our conversations.  But, I can deal with that.  I understand some people are not happy unless everyone can hear their conversations and need to be the center of everything.

 

Then their is the part I am upset about.  They moved sick passengers next door.  The loud balcony person is coughing up a storm and has a partner in the room that appears to be too sick to get out of bed.  The balconies, even though private are close.  The air particles can easily move one balcony to the next.  This virus appears to be able to spread so rapidly and fast, I am concerned.  Why is Princess moving sick passengers into areas where healthy passengers are located?  I called Guest Services, they acknowledged that sick and healthy passengers were moved. But, she pointed out that everyone is quarantined.  But, I said the balconies are so close together.  Why would Princess move sick passengers in the same area of passengers that are well and healthy?  Guest Services seemed unconcerned and stated their was nothing she was going to do.  I would of thought it would be common sense to keep sick passengers way from healthy passengers.  I feel bad for the sick passengers, but you also have issues of the air quality moving between cabins.  I even feel bad for the Stateroom Attendant, when these passengers were moved, they cause quite a stir and everyone around knew they needed help by the Stateroom Attendant, he is doing a terrific job.  But, it is not fair for him to be put in the place of moving someone is sick with all their luggage and personal belongings.  He is being put a risk as well.  

 

I am not one to complain normally.  And, yes their is a lot I do not know about the spread of coronavirus, and even the medical professionals are learning more and more every day.  And I hope I am wrong, on my concerns.  It just does not seem right or a proper procedure to move sick passengers into the general area of healthy passengers.  I am not saying they should not be moved to a balcony.  They need to be moved to a balcony away from healthy passengers.  Which I think would be idea.  I now understand better why so many Princess Ships has had so many issues, they are mixing healthy and sick passengers to close together.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Thrak said:

 

I'm amazed at how many people kiss that dang fish. What a way to pass along Noro and now C-19! Nope, nope, nope. Not gonna happen. We got certificates for crossing the Equator and then for crossing the Arctic Circle. We still haven't crossed the International Dateline. If we actually do cruise this winter we'll cross it both ways but in a plane so it won't be nearly as "special" as it would be on a cruise. November is still a long way off but I can't count on things being anywhere near the "normal" we had before.

No body really kissed the fish and only a few of the crew pretended to do so.  They didn't allow the masses the opportunity to kiss the fish due to Corona possibility.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pammy s

I think you have valid concerns. I don't understand their thinking on how they moved passengers either.  It sounds like your virus free ship is having some health issues now. You sound like you're trying to be nice and patient.  Try to make it through the remaining days the best you can. It's hard to feel helpless and confined.  Soon you'll reach port and hopefully disembark without any problems or delays. Think about your end goal-  walk through your front door!

 

My thoughts are with all of you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, suzyed said:

We got 2 small bottles earlier and then 2 large chilled bottles of water about an hour ago.  No lunch yet, but I'm sure they're doing their best!
Where did you hear that they were allowing the Zaandam into Florida?  I have been watching the news and thought there had not been any decision yet.  Hmmm?

I thought I read it on one of the news outlets but I do not remember where.  From a search just now it appears they have not been cleared yet but hopefully that will change.  I apologize if I misled everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

are you having to pay for the water / diet cokes … and can you order a bucket of beer - or a 375ltr and mixers ?  did they relax the rules and offer the PBP to include room service ?

Edited by voljeep
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, voljeep said:

are you having to pay for the water / diet cokes … and can you order a bucket of beer - or a 375ltr and mixers ?  did they relax the rules and offer the PBP to include room service ?

I am not sure if we have to pay or not for the Diet Cokes and I will just stay with water until I get home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pammy s said:

But, I said the balconies are so close together.  Why would Princess move sick passengers in the same area of passengers that are well and healthy?

 

Why not ask your neighbors to alternate when everyone comes out on the balconies. Set up some sort of schedule. Anything's better than leaving it up to Guest Services to correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pammy s said:

 Up until now I've been happy with Princess on the way they are handling the cruise in the condition of the quickly spreading of the coronavirus.  And I thought they were doing an amazing job thru this difficult time.  The crew is working so hard to make everyone so comfortable.  Yesterday, they moved all passengers from inside cabin or port hole window to balconies.  A nice gesture.  We had no one on the right side of our cabin.  But, had many other nice balcony neighbors.  Our balcony was peaceful, relaxing and quiet.  

 

Now they have moved an loud and rude person along side of us.  They cannot get on the phone unless they are using their speaker loudly and seem to be yelling as they talk into the phone.  Many of us nearby are unable to have private conversations or even talk to our friends in other balconies.  Plainly can not hear each other speak without their voice over powering our conversations.  But, I can deal with that.  I understand some people are not happy unless everyone can hear their conversations and need to be the center of everything.

 

Then their is the part I am upset about.  They moved sick passengers next door.  The loud balcony person is coughing up a storm and has a partner in the room that appears to be too sick to get out of bed.  The balconies, even though private are close.  The air particles can easily move one balcony to the next.  This virus appears to be able to spread so rapidly and fast, I am concerned.  Why is Princess moving sick passengers into areas where healthy passengers are located?  I called Guest Services, they acknowledged that sick and healthy passengers were moved. But, she pointed out that everyone is quarantined.  But, I said the balconies are so close together.  Why would Princess move sick passengers in the same area of passengers that are well and healthy?  Guest Services seemed unconcerned and stated their was nothing she was going to do.  I would of thought it would be common sense to keep sick passengers way from healthy passengers.  I feel bad for the sick passengers, but you also have issues of the air quality moving between cabins.  I even feel bad for the Stateroom Attendant, when these passengers were moved, they cause quite a stir and everyone around knew they needed help by the Stateroom Attendant, he is doing a terrific job.  But, it is not fair for him to be put in the place of moving someone is sick with all their luggage and personal belongings.  He is being put a risk as well.  

 

I am not one to complain normally.  And, yes their is a lot I do not know about the spread of coronavirus, and even the medical professionals are learning more and more every day.  And I hope I am wrong, on my concerns.  It just does not seem right or a proper procedure to move sick passengers into the general area of healthy passengers.  I am not saying they should not be moved to a balcony.  They need to be moved to a balcony away from healthy passengers.  Which I think would be idea.  I now understand better why so many Princess Ships has had so many issues, they are mixing healthy and sick passengers to close together.  

 

If they are sick...I wouldn't go back out on your balcony again for the rest of your stay.  That sucks, but that will also keep you as safe as possible.  

 

If the stateroom attendant brings you and your neighbor things, they are also probably not changing gloves and masks in between, so I would wash your hands once you bring it in (and wash anything you can), and then try to not touch what's given (so eat everything with a cleaned-by-you knife and fork...drink everything from a disposable straw you take out of a wrapper, etc)...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ombud said:

How is a self-isolate different from a Shelter in Place or Shelter at Home? (I want just 14 days instead of our 'until at least May')

 

Shelter in Place:

(a) In a home setting it is for an outside event such as a chemical leak. Yes, do not go outside at all, even to your back yard. Also, turn off any air conditioning or heating to prevent outside air from being drawn inside. Make sure there are no leaks at doors or windows that would allow outside air to be brought inside.

(b) In a public setting. Could also be (a), but also called for in event of a public danger such as an active shooter. Definitely do not go outside, but also stay as far away from windows as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Position Report

 

For those on board that may be interested this is our position at 8:08 pm.  Course is 295 true and speed is 17.5 knots.  The US Virgin Islands are the lights off the port bow. 

 

3AFB89E4-E38A-48F5-87EB-C0AE6461D51A.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

 

If they are sick...I wouldn't go back out on your balcony again for the rest of your stay.  That sucks, but that will also keep you as safe as possible.  

 

If the stateroom attendant brings you and your neighbor things, they are also probably not changing gloves and masks in between, so I would wash your hands once you bring it in (and wash anything you can), and then try to not touch what's given (so eat everything with a cleaned-by-you knife and fork...drink everything from a disposable straw you take out of a wrapper, etc)...

 

As far as the the attendant bringing things- I would imagine they bring the trays and knock on the doors and leave them outside the stateroom doors. The don't want anymore contact than is necessary either.

So you can pick up that tray with the confidence that your neighbors health or lack thereof hasn't affected it at all.

 

I'm truly sorry that your once peaceful oasis in this stressful time has been ruined not only by that loud , rude person but that on top of it - he and his wife are ill.

We've had several balcony neighbors like that and I know how it changes your experience so much!

 

As far as going outside- if you see the neighbor outside go in.

Fresh air is good for everyone and the virus isn't magically waiting in the air. 

Edited by chamima
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chamima said:

 

As far as the the attendant bringing things- I would imagine they bring the trays and knock on the doors and leave them outside the stateroom doors. The don't want anymore contact than is necessary either.

So you can pick up that tray with the confidence that your neighbors health or lack thereof hasn't affected it at all.

 

As far as going outside- if you see the neighbor outside go in.

Fresh air is good for everyone and the virus isn't magically waiting in the air. 


If the tray was left on the floor in the hall I would not bring the tray into my cabin. Only bring the plates, etc into your space. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

PAMMY

 Of course, valid concerns on your part. However... You stated that it is a spreading of the Coronavirus

 

 we do not have any confirmed cases of coronavirus only flu-like symptoms. This is how rumors get started

Not sure if this is accurate, but posted to the Princess FB page:

image.png.393d522fb7d6cd03097dfb5cdb16fca0.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

The families were told first. And the captain just now came on at 10:22 pm Eastern Time  and shared with everyone that people tested positive for the coronavirus. But he did not give a number yet. ..he said they would be Distributing masks for us. He said more information tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

The families were told first. And the captain just now came on at 10:22 pm Eastern Time  and shared with everyone that people tested positive for the coronavirus. But he did not give a number yet. ..he said they would be Distributing masks for us. He said more information tomorrow

 

Oh no.  I am so sorry.  Hoping you stay healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

The families were told first. And the captain just now came on at 10:22 pm Eastern Time  and shared with everyone that people tested positive for the coronavirus. But he did not give a number yet. ..he said they would be Distributing masks for us. He said more information tomorrow

 

OH NO!!!  So sorry to hear this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

The families were told first. And the captain just now came on at 10:22 pm Eastern Time  and shared with everyone that people tested positive for the coronavirus. But he did not give a number yet. ..he said they would be Distributing masks for us. He said more information tomorrow

 

Sad to hear this and hoping and praying for you all.  The situation with cruise ships is very sad these days; two ships docked in Galveston have also been diagnosed with COVID.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Soap does a pretty good job of deactivating the virus (better than alcohol) so go crazy, especially on any hard surfaces.   It is counter-intuitive but the stuff lives the longest on hard plastic and stainless.   Wash your hands *for 20 seconds* any time you pick up anything, and when you come in from the balcony.    If your hands aren't chapped by now, you are not doing it right.  I would not be out where somebody is coughing and I would avoid their side as much as possible if I went out at all.   Wash down surfaces if you must go out.

 

Your situation is not good at all, but with care you can do well.   Be careful of disembarkation, I would request that they let you leave before the sick person.   Also request gloves (they have a lot of them) in addition to the mask.   The gloves are probably more important, honestly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been following your voyage and was so hopeful that you would make it through without any Covid diagnoses.  So sorry to hear that the ship is no longer virus free.  I’m puzzled though.  Haven’t you all been on the ship longer than 15 days?  How could this happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

I have been following your voyage and was so hopeful that you would make it through without any Covid diagnoses.  So sorry to hear that the ship is no longer virus free.  I’m puzzled though.  Haven’t you all been on the ship longer than 15 days?  How could this happen?

 

Someone who was infected but without symptoms boarded. (About 25% or more of folks who are positive for the virus do not have symptoms.) That person, while not showing symptoms, infects someone else who does show symptoms.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...