Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

55 minutes ago, Wichard said:

Am ambulance arrived a while ago and I saw the Doctor come out and tell the paramedics "one more".  The second ambulance is loading the patient now.  Hopefully that is all the sick people on the boat safely to a hospital.  

Earlier the Captain said a large number of those remaining would go hime tomorrow.  I cannot wait to be home in my own bed and be able to walk around outside in the yard.  

The Captain and crew have have been professional and most helpful in these difficult times.  It seams that ever since we left the Falkland Islands the goal post has moved but they have worked to accommodate ever changing requirements.  I cannot imagine the logistic effort required to get us from the ship to our front door.

I'm so sorry you are still on the ship having to deal with this whole situation.  

It's great to hear that the Captain and crew have been so great.  They are always the best part of Princess.

Been watching the ship all day and thinking about you all.  Hope to get to travel home as soon as possible. 

Just now, onboard2005 said:

That sounds good.

Hang in there. You'll be on your way soon. Everyone must be getting edgy anticipating finally leaving. Must seem like forever.  

Cabin fever comes to mind.

9 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Here is the latest in our local paper about the Coral. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article241809556.html

That article is heartbreaking!  I don't understand why they are not keeping the passengers informed:  “She is especially worried being that she shared a cabin with my dad, who tested positive for coronavirus. Does that mean she is in a different category than those that are being sent home? No one will tell her one way or another.”

Personally I would rather know what is going on, good or bad, than being kept in the dark.

Princess Facebook post:

Coral Princess guest disembarkation started yesterday and continued today, prioritizing those who departed on a charter flight to Canada and chauffeured transport for local Florida residents. Our team has arranged other domestic charter flights scheduled to depart tomorrow. All guests requiring shoreside medical care have been disembarked and are being treated. We continue to work with federal, state, and local authorities to meet their requirements, protect the safety and welfare of our guests, along with the population of other communities. More details here: https://*****/2JLyN1q

13 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

That article is heartbreaking!  I don't understand why they are not keeping the passengers informed:  “She is especially worried being that she shared a cabin with my dad, who tested positive for coronavirus. Does that mean she is in a different category than those that are being sent home? No one will tell her one way or another.”

Personally I would rather know what is going on, good or bad, than being kept in the dark.

it is heartbreaking but I also find that the news media doesn't always report on anything positive like people getting off, just the negative stories more because that's what sells.  It's one of the reasons that I get hesitant about putting news up.

Hopefully for all, including crew this will be over quickly. 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 7

Watching a report now, Miami mayor being interviewed.  He said FLL did deny the Coral Princess.  He is a former firefighter so allowed them to dock in Miami due to sick passengers.  He has a very good attitude regarding the Coral Princess and passengers.  This was all that was said in regards to the Coral Princess.  I am typing live and I was hopeful there would be more specific information.  

We just received our notice that we will disembarking between 12:00 and 1:00 today via flights to Houston then Dallas.  Hopefully everyone will get off today.  Since it is a 4 hour trip by car between Dallas and Austin we will be home somewhere around midnight.

I appreciate all the best wishes and encouragement that we have received on this forum.  Be safe until this passes.

Richard 

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Wichard said:

We just received our notice that we will disembarking between 12:00 and 1:00 today via flights to Houston then Dallas.  Hopefully everyone will get off today.  Since it is a 4 hour trip by car between Dallas and Austin we will be home somewhere around midnight.

I appreciate all the best wishes and encouragement that we have received on this forum.  Be safe until this passes.

Richard 

So happy to hear that!

28 minutes ago, chamima said:

I know you are just quoting what you've read but there is some misinformation there.

Look at what I wrote in red above.

The situation is indeed scary but misinformation just makes it worse.

Your RED highlights do not change my understanding..  Please explain how non US citizens are able to get home with chartered flights?  They are not able to use any form of public transport. How do they get from port to airport, or get a  flight home?? 

8 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

We received ours too. Leaving between 1&2.  Miami to ATL then Charlotte, then Washington Dulles.  Then 3+ hours to home via private transportation.   Leave here at 1pm arrive home 1AM.  But I'll be home!

is that a charter and just dropping off passengers at those locations ?

9 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

We received ours too. Leaving between 1&2.  Miami to ATL then Charlotte, then Washington Dulles.  Then 3+ hours to home via private transportation.   Leave here at 1pm arrive home 1AM.  But I'll be home!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone still on board.  May you arrive home safely.

10 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

Your RED highlights do not change my understanding..  Please explain how non US citizens are able to get home with chartered flights?  They are not able to use any form of public transport. How do they get from port to airport, or get a  flight home?? 

Carnival Corp (Princess parent company) is arranging (and to my understanding, paying for) the private car transportation to the airport and the charter flights to the passenger's destinations.

The Canadians left yesterday so International is possible but getting charters to New Zealand is probably more difficult.

I've flown on an International charter flight in the past so I know it's possible.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

Princess is arranging 'private' transportation from the ship to the airport where pax will board 'private' chartered international flights.  Once those aircraft are out of the United States, transportation is not regulated by the U.S. Government.  Once the flights arrive 'down under' it is up to the local governments to decide how the pax travel from the airports to home.  Don't believe everything you see from the press, they're not providing a service, they're in the business of selling advertisements.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

Carnival Corp (Princess, HAL, etc) chartered a flight from FLL to LAX for all Australians (and I assume New Zealanders) on the two HAL ships.  Then, the Australian government provided a charter flight from LAX to Sydney.  I would assume the same thing will happen with the passengers on the Coral.  They are not going to leave people on the ship forever.  In the case of the Coral, it appears the Canadians were off before the US citizens.  There is no favoritism.  It all depends on how and when they can arrange the flights.  You could arrange for a charter flight for your parents from MIA to their home.  Just provide Carnival with the flight departure time from MIA and they will arrange a private transport from the ship to the plane.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wichard said:

Richard 

Great to hear that! Let us know that you both are home safely.
Just a word of caution... the times may slip a little. We were told 3to 5 on Sunday, but 5pm came & went and we were fearing we’d been forgotten. Passenger Services said be patient, and we were called at 6pm. The reassuring bit is that it is a charter, with a defined manifest, so they will delay the flight until all are on the plane.

The second UK charter was 90 minutes late leaving, possibly for that reason.

Edited by pb_uk
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwichick62 said:

The cruise line must arrange this transportation for their guests now based on new CDC restrictions put in place on April 4.  From the CDC:

• Cruise line companies must get travelers directly to their homes via chartered or private transportation.

As others have noted, once they leave the US, guests are no longer under these restrictions and it will be up to the destination governments (Canada, UK, Australia, NZ, etc.) to determine how these guests ultimately get to their homes.

So, in essence, Princess has to arrange all of this transportion now - port to airport, chartered flights, etc.  That is why it is taking so long to get guests off the ship.  The restrictions were just put in place on April 4, the day Coral Princess docked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wichard said:

Richard 

Richard, that is absolutely great news.  Safe travels to you!