Jump to content

Currently on Coral Princess ....


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

 

I heard ... and this isn't even as stong as a rumor...

 

Folks who are neither british nor american will be disembarked in Brazil.

 

British will be disembarked in Barbados.

 

Coral will continue to Ft. Lauderdale, and disembark all americans.

But, there is no approval for this yet.

 

 

I am on the ship

No info about going to Barbados.

Please don't pass on rumors

Link to post
Share on other sites

FoghornLeghorn,  be safe and enjoy your time on the ship.  I believe people are looking at the marine traffic website which shows all passenger and cargo vessels around the world.  When you click on Coral Princess it says destination Barbados.  That is why people have mentioned it.  But you are on the ship and hopefully your captain is upfront with all the passengers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We appreciate updates from anyone onboard. Please be sure to indicate you are on the ship so we know it's accurate and first hand. Many people are following this and looking forward to hearing you've made it all the way home safely.  So many sea days will be hard but do try and enjoy the ship. Safe travel and keep the updates coming!

 

🙂 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

On board.

We are going to Rio because US government has decided to come into the game, and want non US off the ship before FL. UK government is facilitating us lot as many already have confirmed flights we could catch.

All depends on Brazil. 

Short message as I'm just about to go to dinner and what might be last meal on board! 

 

Edited by pb_uk
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

On board.

We are going to Rio because US government has decided to come into the game, and want non US off the ship before FL. UK government is facilitating us lot as many already have confirmed flights we could catch.

All depends on Brazil. 

Short message as I'm just about to go to dinner and what might be last meal on board! 

 

That's good news for you! When you get off be sure to sanitize a lot. Right now you are safe and virus free. It's out in the general public that you need to be careful of now! Enjoy dinner and thanks for the updates.  

 

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coral Princess Update

Coral Princess is currently sailing a South America voyage and continues to encounter challenges disembarking guests due to port closures and changing regulations. In the continued effort to repatriate guests as quickly as possible, the ship will sail to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, arriving March 24. Although Brazil has been closed to cruise ship traffic, we are working through diplomatic channels to obtain permission and have received positive responses.

Guests with confirmed homeward flight arrangements will be permitted to disembark and go directly to the airport. Regretfully, we do not anticipate that all guests will be able to disembark in Rio due to limited flight availability. From Rio, Coral Princess will sail to Fort Lauderdale as previously announced with a planned arrival on Sunday, April 5.

Guests who purchased flights through Princess will be automatically rebooked on flights. We recommend that guests with independent arrangements wait to rebook their flights until official confirmation from the port authorities is received. Independent guests will be able to claim reimbursement upon their return home as previously advised.

Both internet and guest stateroom telephone service remain complimentary so that guests can stay in touch with family. Updates will be made available as we obtain more information.

This is an unprecedented situation and we thank our guests for their continued patience and understanding. Princess Cruises will continue to provide updates on Coral Princess in the Notices & Advisories section of the online newsroom. The safety, health and well-being of everyone on board remains our highest priority.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pb_uk said:

On board.

We are going to Rio because US government has decided to come into the game, and want non US off the ship before FL. UK government is facilitating us lot as many already have confirmed flights we could catch.

All depends on Brazil. 

Short message as I'm just about to go to dinner and what might be last meal on board! 

 

So following and hope you eventually get home without hassle. We were on that wonderful ship with that wonderful crew in January. 
thanks for the updates and your upbeat attitude will get you through. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kenswing said:

Coral Princess Update

Coral Princess is currently sailing a South America voyage and continues to encounter challenges disembarking guests due to port closures and changing regulations. In the continued effort to repatriate guests as quickly as possible, the ship will sail to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, arriving March 24. Although Brazil has been closed to cruise ship traffic, we are working through diplomatic channels to obtain permission and have received positive responses.

Guests with confirmed homeward flight arrangements will be permitted to disembark and go directly to the airport. Regretfully, we do not anticipate that all guests will be able to disembark in Rio due to limited flight availability. From Rio, Coral Princess will sail to Fort Lauderdale as previously announced with a planned arrival on Sunday, April 5.

Guests who purchased flights through Princess will be automatically rebooked on flights. We recommend that guests with independent arrangements wait to rebook their flights until official confirmation from the port authorities is received. Independent guests will be able to claim reimbursement upon their return home as previously advised.

Both internet and guest stateroom telephone service remain complimentary so that guests can stay in touch with family. Updates will be made available as we obtain more information.

This is an unprecedented situation and we thank our guests for their continued patience and understanding. Princess Cruises will continue to provide updates on Coral Princess in the Notices & Advisories section of the online newsroom. The safety, health and well-being of everyone on board remains our highest priority.

Thank you for posting this as it explains what happened to us.  I clearly checked the box that said we would be sailing to Fort Lauderdale but last night the steward gave me two envelopes that contained flight tickets from Rio to Austin.  I immediately went to the service desk and told the representative there must be some mistake because I clearly did not check the box that requested flight arrangements home.  She was apologetic and took the papers and said we did not have to get off in Rio.  I told her that I am glad since these letters sent my wife into a tailspin thinking that we would have to get off.  I thanked her and as I am walking off I hear her colleague tell her, "I told them this would happen".  So reading the "automatically rebooked" now explains why we received the letters.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pb_uk said:

On board.

We are going to Rio because US government has decided to come into the game, and want non US off the ship before FL. UK government is facilitating us lot as many already have confirmed flights we could catch.

All depends on Brazil. 

Short message as I'm just about to go to dinner and what might be last meal on board! 

 

Where did you get the info that the US is involved?

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is not a rumor.  I just heard the Captain announce it.  I also overheard the British passenger meeting where they had communication from home which stated they would only get off on two conditions which cannot be met.  
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be safe and have fun on the ship.  With things changing hourly; I hope you all make it safely back to the United States and back to your respective homes.  Will the ship have to re-fuel prior to FLL?

Edited by AF-1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

which are ?

Brazil conditions for passengers to leave were:

1. go direct to a charter flight

2. land in Brazil and do 14 days quarantine.

 

Neither was acceptable, as the flights we could have got tonight were scheduled not charter.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, voljeep said:

which are ?

Only allowed to get on a bus directly to a charter flight with no contact in a terminal or other facility or persons. 

 

Only if the passengers were at sea for the previous 14 days.  

Edited by Wichard
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Be safe and have fun on the ship.  With things changing hourly; I hope you all make it safely back to the United States and back to your respective homes.  Will the ship have to re-fuel prior to FLL?

That subject has not been addressed or communicated to us yet.  All that has been said is our final destination is Fort Lauderdale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Wichard,  I am glad it will be a US port.  That is good for you and your fellow passengers.  Bless you guys. 

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated.

Whilst we know that this is good for US nationals, two thirds of the passengers and most of the crew are from elsewhere. The ESTA application website has been closed, so it will need government intervention with US to get us off the ship and out.

There are very active groups from all the other nationalities organising a campaign with our elected reps to lobby our respective governments into doing something .

Up to now the UK government has said a lot of things, but actually achieved nothing.

Rant over!!

 

Wichard, is it possible that you can direct message me?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pb_uk said:

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated.

Whilst we know that this is good for US nationals, two thirds of the passengers and most of the crew are from elsewhere. The ESTA application website has been closed, so it will need government intervention with US to get us off the ship and out.

There are very active groups from all the other nationalities organising a campaign with our elected reps to lobby our respective governments into doing something .

Up to now the UK government has said a lot of things, but actually achieved nothing.

Rant over!!

 

Wichard, is it possible that you can direct message me?

 

 

 

Not sure how to do it but I will be in the Explorers lounge at 4:30 or am outside now for the next hour, white shirt and shorts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Princess Passenger Service Desk still assuring everyone that they will provide travel back to your home countries? And if clearance can't be obtained they'll have to keep you onboard indefinitely?? If able to disembark but not get flight to home country will they arrange and pay hotel, food, and then flights home?? I know you don't have all this info. It's a very unknown situation and I'm wondering just what they have said as reassurance. People sound like stress and frustration is setting in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, onboard2005 said:

Is Princess Passenger Service Desk still assuring everyone that they will provide travel back to your home countries? And if clearance can't be obtained they'll have to keep you onboard indefinitely?? If able to disembark but not get flight to home country will they arrange and pay hotel, food, and then flights home?? I know you don't have all this info. It's a very unknown situation and I'm wondering just what they have said as reassurance. People sound like stress and frustration is setting in.

This is not being handled on board, but at ultimate holding company level (Holland America). But you are right, no answers given yet.

It was noticeable that the Captain's tone had changed in his 14.00 broadcast, from his previous reassuring optimision to something less so. It must be a strain on them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...