Jump to content

Will it be extended for 2 months?


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, bjtll said:

The president just said groups no more than 10 people. This may go into July or Aug. So yes no more cruises for a long time.

 

Of course that's only a suggestion/recommendation. So no more flying or anything else? 

Edited by davekathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, awestover89 said:

 

I mean, if we're going to play the generation card, I've seen a lot more of the older generation insisting that they aren't going to stop their lives and that the government can't tell them what to do and where to go. The younger generation already uses drive thrus and food delivery (Uber Eats, Door Dash, etc) extensively so staying home is actually a positive for a lot of them.

I have to agree as I argued with my 87 year old father to stay home and not do his daily Dunkin Donut run. I feel bad because my mother is house bound and the only time he gets out is when the aid comes to the house for a few hours. He finally got the message when the Bishop announced that it was ok to skip Church for the next three weeks. Talk about a Divine intervention.  My kids 28 and 25 have been practicing social distancing ever since the invention of the text message and gaming with kids all over the world via a laptop or gaming system. My house is a daily stop for Uber eats and other take out delivery at odd hours of the night.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

 

Seniors coming off ships this weekend went right back to their communities and began socializing and going out shopping and dining.  

And this is the very reason the government is shutting everything down. People can't get out of their own way.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

 

My Eyeballs and living in Boca 

I work for a retailer who is liquidating. We are only offering 10%off the entire store. Prices were actually cheaper 2 weeks ago. You wouldn't believe the foot traffic and the business we are doing. The sales in the last week has exceeded the holiday season and this week they have the kids who they didn't want in school because of the virus  shopping along with them. They all think it's vacation time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

 The sales in the last week has exceeded the holiday season and this week they have the kids who they didn't want in school because of the virus  shopping along with them. They all think it's vacation time.

 

I have been working from home but a doctor that I have a regular yearly appointment with contacted and asked if I could move it up sooner (today) and advised yes I could; imagine my surprise when the midday traffic was thick and restaurants had plenty of people out on the patios, etc., in Boca.  

 

Palm Beach County made national headlines in 2000 and spent the next 20 years as a joke, I'm telling you they are about to do the same in 2020 except it will be a cautionary tale, not a joke. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

 

I have been working from home but a doctor that I have a regular yearly appointment with contacted and asked if I could move it up sooner (today) and advised yes I could; imagine my surprise when the midday traffic was thick and restaurants had plenty of people out on the patios, etc., in Boca.  

 

Palm Beach County made national headlines in 2000 and spent the next 20 years as a joke, I'm telling you they are about to do the same in 2020 except it will be a cautionary tale, not a joke. 

My surgery follow up appointment for my recent hip replacement is in NYC on Thursday.  The office called  today and asked if I would agree to have a virtual face time appointment via my cell phone. I just have to go locally to get an x-ray. I couldn't be happier. I refuse to go to a public place for physical therapy.  I will just do it from home. I'm already doing stairs and I'm not using a crutch and its only 2 weeks out.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, JeffT237 said:

I feel like the 30 day suspension will get extended.  The way things are moving in the country with all of the closures and quarantines it seems almost inevitable that this will happen.  Just look at the things that are happening here in California which  are unprecedented.  Bars and restaurant closures, schools closed, 65 year olds being asked to self quarantine, and Disneyland as well as our other amusement parks are closed.  

 

I too try and avoid getting political, and if this is overkill well that is another discussion, just giving my opinion on the original posters question.  Whatever your opinion is on how this has been handled so far can wait, those things can be debated and will be for long after this crisis has passed.  What we need now more than ever is for our leaders to drop the politics and work together and for our citizens regardless of age or party affiliation to work together for the common good, if that's even possible.  I think it is. 

Agree with all of the above!!!   However, I have a friend who is 88 years young, and she said she has lived though wars, diseases, epidemics, and has survived all of them.  She says she can not recall it ever being like this, it is as though the world has gone crazy.   It makes her sad to see what is happening.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, hazence said:


 

Can we please...STOP! 
Stop the Blame game. Stop the political snark. Let’s put our energy into pulling together and getting through this crisis by doing whatever WE can, wherever we can....and we all can do SOMETHING even hunkered down in our homes.

 

What was it President Kennedy said...”Ask not what your country can do for YOU...ask what YOU can do for your country!” Time to dust that attitude off again. Get over ourselves...

Totally agree with you! It's ridiculous! If Trump cured the Covid virus tomorrow, he would be criticized for not curing it earlier. 

Please listen to all the government's suggestions right now and this will end sooner rather than later....and then we will all be cruising again:)

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, balanceok said:

No reason to get political, but I am of the opinion that this will extend well into summer.

 

Just my opinion.

Not a chance,the virus is here to stay. Having said that there should be a big decline in the next couple weeks. If the cdc recommendations extended months out our entire economy would collapse. 401k retirements would disolve. It would be a disaster. It seems bad right now but these cdc recommendations in place now will turn this around quickly. Dont fall into the internet forum,media hype. The sky is not falling. Things will improve shortly.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, balanceok said:

No reason to get political, but I am of the opinion that this will extend well into summer.

 

Just my opinion.

Sadly I'm inclined to agree with you. As more cases build in Florida warm weather doesn't seem to kill it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Sadly I'm inclined to agree with you. As more cases build in Florida warm weather doesn't seem to kill it.

And some doctors disagree with you.

 

They say humidity and heat do have a effect, that's why countries now in their winter have so few cases, not none but fewer.

 

I'd say we just dont know... though I see a lot who think they know.. when summer really hits us in texas, let's see if cases are fewer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2020 at 6:42 PM, rtazz17 said:

Not a chance,the virus is here to stay. Having said that there should be a big decline in the next couple weeks. If the cdc recommendations extended months out our entire economy would collapse. 401k retirements would disolve. It would be a disaster. It seems bad right now but these cdc recommendations in place now will turn this around quickly. Dont fall into the internet forum,media hype. The sky is not falling. Things will improve shortly.

I agree with you totally! We all just need to listen to the CDC guidelines and this will pass!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2020 at 1:04 AM, firefly333 said:

And some doctors disagree with you.

 

They say humidity and heat do have a effect, that's why countries now in their winter have so few cases, not none but fewer.

 

I'd say we just dont know... though I see a lot who think they know.. when summer really hits us in texas, let's see if cases are fewer. 

Confused by what you are saying.  Are you suggesting that heat and humidity reduce the number of cases, or that cold weather reduces the number of cases?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jknc said:

The thought of even getting on a cruise ship in next 90 days is laughable. 

 

I agree that as this virus is moving from one 'hot spot' to another, and as they 'flatten the curve' in each of these regions, this will take months to move its way through the many 'feeder markets' for the cruise lines. Along with the ships having international crews, it would seem that 90 days or more is the minimum time frame. 

 

While July 1st would be optimistic, I would see September 1st or later as more likely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jknc said:

They’re deploying hospital ships to both coasts.

 

The thought of even getting on a cruise ship in next 90 days is laughable. 

They have decided that the hospital ships will primarily be used for trauma cases.  They will not be used for any Covid-19 cases.  

 

I agree with not cruising for at least 90 days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...