Jump to content

Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

On 3/3/2021 at 8:07 AM, Chiliburn said:

Yep cruise ban extended to the 17th of never.

 

Only Princess booze cruises allowed. They want to lift the spirits of Mt Druitt and send them all on a cruise.

 

Captain circle now has a sale counter at the carousel Hotel.

Mt Druitt Rissole is selling tickets, bogans only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ondine said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIIds6afPaA&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=no-liSQh4clCXsCi%3A6

 

This may be better.  Live and learn.  His journey is well worth following to see what the crew are going through to get to ships.

Great blog by Senior Second Officer Alfie, legend he is. A long journey.

Edited by NSWP
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Mt Druitt Rissole is selling tickets, bogans only.

Their goes that special Princess lounge,it was so peaceful.

 Probably going to have the dogs running on the big screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Their goes that special Princess lounge,it was so peaceful.

 Probably going to have the dogs running on the big screen.

No jackets and ties permitted, bonds blue singlet and footie shorts and thongs for formal nights. Stubby holder optional. Penriff Panthers baseball cap (worn back to front) optional.🤣 Second Officer Alfie is in for a culture shock, but then they have Chavs in UK.

 

Yes Chilli, Dapto Dogs on the big screen up top, or perhaps live mud wrestling from Mounties Sports Club.

 

Oh jeez, I just remembered there are 'westies' on here, sorry Mr Walker and co.

Edited by NSWP
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

No jackets and ties permitted, bonds blue singlet and footie shorts and thongs for formal nights. Stubby holder optional. Penriff Panthers baseball cap (worn back to front) optional.🤣 Second Officer Alfie is in for a culture shock, but then they have Chavs in UK.

 

Yes Chilli, Dapto Dogs on the big screen up top, or perhaps live mud wrestling from Mounties Sports Club.

 

Oh jeez, I just remembered there are 'westies' on here, sorry Mr Walker and co.

My daughter used to work casual for TAB .

She throughly enjoyed working at Rose Hill ,everyone dressed up.Very glamorous.

Then she got a couple of shifts at Richmond dog track.
A real culture shock,track suite pants and thongs.

But as I said they are just people working their way through life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NSWP said:

No jackets and ties permitted, bonds blue singlet and footie shorts and thongs for formal nights. Stubby holder optional. Penriff Panthers baseball cap (worn back to front) optional.🤣 Second Officer Alfie is in for a culture shock, but then they have Chavs in UK.

 

Yes Chilli, Dapto Dogs on the big screen up top, or perhaps live mud wrestling from Mounties Sports Club.

 

Oh jeez, I just remembered there are 'westies' on here, sorry Mr Walker and co.

All good mate - I never wear my Panthers cap backwards. And I think the mud (or jelly) wrestling went the way of midget bowling some years back.

 

I actually went to Rooty Hill RSL (vegas of the west) for a wake for an old sporting buddy last Fri. It was the first time there for over a year, and it was very quiet in the club. Friday evening and plenty of car parking. It seems that people are not going out as much, even as things are on the improve.

 

Anyway, we will be off to Batemans Bay in a week (15-19th). Are you going to be around?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mr walker said:

All good mate - I never wear my Panthers cap backwards. And I think the mud (or jelly) wrestling went the way of midget bowling some years back.

 

I actually went to Rooty Hill RSL (vegas of the west) for a wake for an old sporting buddy last Fri. It was the first time there for over a year, and it was very quiet in the club. Friday evening and plenty of car parking. It seems that people are not going out as much, even as things are on the improve.

 

Anyway, we will be off to Batemans Bay in a week (15-19th). Are you going to be around?

Yes, where you staying? We could make a lunch or dinner appointment. The Golfie is good. About a quarter the size of Rooty Hill Rissole.

Edited by NSWP
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

My daughter used to work casual for TAB .

She throughly enjoyed working at Rose Hill ,everyone dressed up.Very glamorous.

Then she got a couple of shifts at Richmond dog track.
A real culture shock,track suite pants and thongs.

But as I said they are just people working their way through life.

True welcome to the real world, I have seen it all. I worked in the west for a bit, back then.👮‍♂️Bankstown, Liverpool, some decent people and bad people, like most places.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NSWP said:

No jackets and ties permitted, bonds blue singlet and footie shorts and thongs for formal nights. Stubby holder optional. Penriff Panthers baseball cap (worn back to front) optional.🤣 Second Officer Alfie is in for a culture shock, but then they have Chavs in UK.

 

Yes Chilli, Dapto Dogs on the big screen up top, or perhaps live mud wrestling from Mounties Sports Club.

 

Oh jeez, I just remembered there are 'westies' on here, sorry Mr Walker and co.


Surely the dress code would specify black things for formal nights. 
 

one must have standards.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Docker123 said:


Surely the dress code would specify black things for formal nights. 
 

one must have standards.

 

Black Singlet, black footy shorts, black thongs (from K Mart), black baseball cap, would get you past the Head Waiter/Maitre'D at the MDR door.😁 There is some decorum on P&O Straya.

Edited by NSWP
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NSWP said:

No jackets and ties permitted, bonds blue singlet and footie shorts and thongs for formal nights. Stubby holder optional. Penriff Panthers baseball cap (worn back to front) optional.🤣 Second Officer Alfie is in for a culture shock, but then they have Chavs in UK.

 

Yes Chilli, Dapto Dogs on the big screen up top, or perhaps live mud wrestling from Mounties Sports Club.

 

Oh jeez, I just remembered there are 'westies' on here, sorry Mr Walker and co.

 

Well that isn't going to work for the Eshays. They will demand their Nike TNs and button up T Shirts😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yes, where you staying? We could make a lunch or dinner appointment. The Golfie is good. About a quarter the size of Rooty Hill Rissole.

We are staying at Mariners on the Waterfront. Hope it's good 🤞

 

Yes hope we can catch up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr walker said:

We are staying at Mariners on the Waterfront. Hope it's good 🤞

 

Yes hope we can catch up.

Mariners is a good hotel. I have not stayed there, but I know those who have and were happy with it. It is right in town and has a bar/bistro on site. Is walking distance to everywhere in town, Batemans Bay Soldiers Club over the road and a few eateries along the waterfront. See if you can get get a room up top with river/bay views.  If you do the Clyde River boat trip, just a 5 minute walk along the Esplanade.

 

I am ok for lunch or dinner, all that week. I am engaged with Meals on Wheels 3 mornings a week. So when you get there, contact me on here re a meet up, anywhere you like, I frequent a good seafood restaurant in town too, Stingrays, I recommend that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re people coming and going from Australia past 12 months. Reading that from March to December 2020, over 70,000 exemptions were given to Australians wishing to leave the country for a things like, business, family reasons, medical treatment, or a trip of more than 3 months, etc. So plenty still flying in and out. So if I say wanted to fly to UK for 3 months, I could get an exemption probably.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Re people coming and going from Australia past 12 months. Reading that from March to December 2020, over 70,000 exemptions were given to Australians wishing to leave the country for a things like, business, family reasons, medical treatment, or a trip of more than 3 months, etc. So plenty still flying in and out. So if I say wanted to fly to UK for 3 months, I could get an exemption probably.

My niece go it twice to see her boyfriend ,though didn’t have need .

 I read a while ago there was upto 4 people leaving to one arriving.

That was causing the backlog 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Even though the UK government has said cruises could resume from 17 May, P&O have stated "...it will take some weeks after this date for us to restart our operation".

That's over 2 months from now, and if you account for P&Os statement you could easily say a lead-up of 3-4 months is required once they've been given a date. 

 

Our current restrictions are to at least 17 June and you can assume as before, the government doesn't announce any changes much prior to that (they only announced the extension from March last week). 

So given the UK example of a 3-4 month lead-time, from it would be a minor miracle to see any major sailings before October, and predictions that 2021 is a write-off are probably correct.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, adelaidefc said:

Interesting. Even though the UK government has said cruises could resume from 17 May, P&O have stated "...it will take some weeks after this date for us to restart our operation".

That's over 2 months from now, and if you account for P&Os statement you could easily say a lead-up of 3-4 months is required once they've been given a date. 

 

Our current restrictions are to at least 17 June and you can assume as before, the government doesn't announce any changes much prior to that (they only announced the extension from March last week). 

So given the UK example of a 3-4 month lead-time, from it would be a minor miracle to see any major sailings before October, and predictions that 2021 is a write-off are probably correct.   

And the Federal and State governments firstly have to allow all the ships in, due to arrive for our cruise season from September. Might be problematic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The federal government has announced it’s going to subsidise domestic air fares.

They are starting to get things going.

 

The prime minister has taken over the health portfolio,let’s hope will take the bold move on domestic cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to the ABC a lot of places are booked heavily already.

Car hire if available is up to $400 a day ,Motels are booked out . So what’s the good of subsidies.

This was from a couple of travel agents and one said bring some cruise ships back.

Edited by Chiliburn
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The federal government has announced it’s going to subsidise domestic air fares.

They are starting to get things going.

Only to regional, not capital, airports if I have understood correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Only to regional, not capital, airports if I have understood correctly.

I have an email from Qantas offering cheaper flights (almost 50% off) to Adelaide for the next 6 months from all other capital cities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I have an email from Qantas offering cheaper flights (almost 50% off) to Adelaide for the next 6 months from all other capital cities.

That is a separate promotion.

 

The government has selected 13 regional places for the discounted flights.

"Many of the initial destinations included in the program are in marginal or winnable electorates for the government." - ABC News

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-10/tourism-coronavirus-pandemic-assistance-package-cheap-flights/13235432

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...