Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

58 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

We would call soda "Pop", we use cookies and biscuits interchangeably in our house although I tend to think of bisquits as something resembling a scone. Candy is common here and Jello is a brand name that is used universally for that marvelous powder you mix with water to get a wonderful jiggly gelatin treat (I like cherry red). 

The brits call it pop. Now why do the americans call soft drink soda? Soda is soda water you have with your scotch.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Both, kitchen tap, bathroom faucet and if it is outside it is a hose bib.😁

A mixture, even more confusing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Asked our recently acquired granddaughter for a list of some of her favourite food (she was about 9 or 10 at the time) the list of Amicans terms was almost scarey.

Soda

Cookies

Candy

Jello

I could goon, but you get the drift.

Too much tv, teach her strayan.

50 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Pop/soda - soft drinks

Candy - lollies/perhaps chocolate

Jello - jelly

Cookies - biscuits, sometimes cookies

Crackers - dry biscuits (although cracker is becoming more common usage)

Leigh

Yes Leigh, jatz crackers, rice crackers, sao crackers?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Too much tv, teach her strayan.

Don’t worry mate I’m trying. But when you only see them a couple of hours every few weeks it’s tough.

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Don’t worry mate I’m trying. But when you only see them a couple of hours every few weeks it’s tough.

Where do they live to see them that rarely?

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Where do they live to see them that rarely?

They live with their mum, and she currently causing troubles with dad getting to see them, so we get even less.

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

That is sad for everyone.  

Yep not a lot of fun for the kids, dad and Miss Gut (as she was) or us. I hope mum wakes up soon, before it ends up in Court.

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep not a lot of fun for the kids, dad and Miss Gut (as she was) or us. I hope mum wakes up soon, before it ends up in Court.

Sad, i always thought miss gut was single and resided with you.

Custody/access matters are a nightmare, they can lead to serious domestic assaults, I hated attending those, back then.👮‍♀️

Edited by NSWP

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Sad, i always thought miss gut was single and resided with you.

Custody/access matters are a nightmare, they can lead to serious domestic assaults, I hated attending those, back then.👮‍♀️

No she married almost a year ago he had three kids and things seemed to be going well, the girls in particular love Miss G and things started to go down hill.

I am doing everything I can to encourage avoiding Court, but there may be no choice.

11 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

No she married almost a year ago he had three kids and things seemed to be going well, the girls in particular love Miss G and things started to go down hill.

I am doing everything I can to encourage avoiding Court, but there may be no choice.

Sad, hope it works out. My daughter is a counsellor with Relationships Australia and Anglicare, she does many counselling reports for the courts re divorce matters.

Edited by NSWP

43 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Sad, hope it works out. My daughter is a counsellor with Relationships Australia and Anglicare, she does many counselling reports for the courts re divorce matters.

I mainly practice in Family Law now, and only see the worst of the worst, some parents do awful things to their kids using them as a weapon, others just do awful things to their kids.

Think I’ve seen worse things in the Family Court than in the Criminal Courts. Plus it is more emotion charged. Come home more than once and broke down over what the future held for some kids.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I mainly practice in Family Law now, and only see the worst of the worst, some parents do awful things to their kids using them as a weapon, others just do awful things to their kids.

Think I’ve seen worse things in the Family Court than in the Criminal Courts. Plus it is more emotion charged. Come home more than once and broke down over what the future held for some kids.

Understand you there mate. I still remember years ago, when I worked the 👮‍♀️patrol vehicles, many times going to domestic disputes, rounding up the wives and kids, taking them to a womens refuge, giving them $20 out of my wallet to get some treats, whatever. Guess what? Yes, back there at the family residence  the next night, same scenario, most have no where else to go.

Often the male and female at the incident both turn on the 👮‍♀️ 👮that can get nasty and sometimes go pear shaped.

Edited by NSWP

11 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Feel for you! I worked for the Family Court (Parramatta and Sydney) when I was around 19/20 yrs old - saddest job I ever had. Did a couple of months as the Exhibits Clerk during my time - awful, awful stuff - went into criminal law afterwards for a bit of relief

24 minutes ago, M-H-B said:

Feel for you! I worked for the Family Court (Parramatta and Sydney) when I was around 19/20 yrs old - saddest job I ever had. Did a couple of months as the Exhibits Clerk during my time - awful, awful stuff - went into criminal law afterwards for a bit of relief

I understand exactly what you mean, see some dreadful stuff, then you tell someone they aren’t going to see their kids again, or limited time, or the kids are going to go to someone they are convinced are mistreating them. There really aren’t any winners.

Or they are going to have to sell their house, give away their super etc.

compared to most crime who know more about their likely penalty than you do.

Carnival Cruise Lines Australia have further extended its pause in operations in Australia today. They are cancelling Carnival Splendor sailings departing from Sydney through to and including 10 August 2021.

34 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Carnival Cruise Lines Australia have further extended its pause in operations in Australia today. They are cancelling Carnival Splendor sailings departing from Sydney through to and including 10 August 2021.

Thanks Mic.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

One has to wonder why 10/8/21?

From all the offers I have been getting by email  from online TA's regarding future cruises - if I didn't know better, I would think that cruises are actually operating right now. Is there an alternative Universe somewhere ?? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Govt has announced international air travel will commence 8 April. Max of 800 arrivals a week. Not sure if quarantine is required.

So the last few weeks Mexicans have been scoffing donuts under false pretenses?😁

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

So the last few weeks Mexicans have been scoffing donuts under false pretenses?😁

Getting their last doughnuts before the wave of covid arrives from overseas. Hope not.

I just heard on tv that quarantine will be required and the arrival numbers will gradually increase.

Edited by NSWP

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Getting their last doughnuts before the wave of covid arrives from overseas. Hope not.

I just heard on tv that quarantine will be required and the arrival numbers will gradually increase.

So arrivals increasing - what about departures did it say??
No plans of course to go anywhere (who would right now) just curious 🤔