Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
OzKiwiJJ

Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

What planned protest in Melbourne?  I know there is a planned protest on the Story Bridge in Brisbane. What are these people thinking?  Not the health and safety of the members of the community.

Possum52 aka Leigh posted this on Tuesday.

112430993_10158533295789487_3292123734933269922_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

What planned protest in Melbourne?  I know there is a planned protest on the Story Bridge in Brisbane. What are these people thinking?  Not the health and safety of the members of the community.


The left side is the actual protest poster, the right side is social commentary from a site I follow. 
 

1700D5BC-4AC3-489B-BAB0-D6E5DB1D78F4.jpeg.11a95fcefd3c328dc8c084329e352251.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2020 at 5:52 PM, Chiliburn said:

The ships will survive but the companies won’t.

 

There goes your loyalty status 

 

57 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The cruise lines know they can keep our money longer without recourse.

 

I was chatting with a friend online the other day. He had a cruise for the family booked with Carnival which was cancelled due to the pandemic. They offered a full refund or 100% FCC plus $900 OBC. He was going to take the FCC until he discovered that when he rebooks he has to pay $500 deposit before they will apply his FCC. Carnival already has $4,000 of his money but wants another $500 to secure his booking! He decided to take the refund instead but hasn’t received it yet. 

 

Then yesterday afternoon...

I was on another call when someone tried to ring. I checked my voice mail and a lady from Carnival was calling me as a "valued past guest" to assist me to book a new cruise. I get plenty of emails from various cruise lines and online TAs (which I sometimes read before deleting) but this is the first time I’ve had a cold call on the phone.

 

I'm not feeling overly confident in Carnival at the moment. Seems like they’re making a grab for cash in an effort to remain afloat. (lol - That pun wasn’t intended but I’m leaving it in.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Docker123 said:


The left side is the actual protest poster, the right side is social commentary from a site I follow. 
 

1700D5BC-4AC3-489B-BAB0-D6E5DB1D78F4.jpeg.11a95fcefd3c328dc8c084329e352251.jpeg

Well, at least they've given the authorities plenty of warning. Bring in the ADF, cordon off the area so they can't escape, and arrest the lot of them. No bail either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another bad news - covid on a SMALL ship - the third line so far?

So how will the big ships manage - or should pax accept a reasonably high risk of covid on any  cruise ship?

 

cruiseweekly.com.au

"SeaDream COVID

"A PASSENGER who sailed aboard SeaDream Yacht Club’s SeaDream I has tested positive for coronavirus upon his return home.The passenger sailed aboard the previous itinerary the cruise ship sailed, but all passengers onboard the current sailing have been confined to their staterooms.

SeaDream I is expected to arrive in Bodo soon, where local health authorities are expected to start testing passengers and crew, with no-one allowed to go ashore.The cruise line told passengers it was unaware of anyone else with the virus"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Well, at least they've given the authorities plenty of warning. Bring in the ADF, cordon off the area so they can't escape, and arrest the lot of them. No bail either.

Does Melbourne have a water cannon? If so give them a good hosing down (with added disinfectant), just the right time of year for it.😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Docker123 said:


The left side is the actual protest poster, the right side is social commentary from a site I follow. 
 

1700D5BC-4AC3-489B-BAB0-D6E5DB1D78F4.jpeg.11a95fcefd3c328dc8c084329e352251.jpeg

Hard to believe this poster is true.  The area in front of Parliament House is not huge, so they must be expecting a small crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

From The Age:

 

Police in Victoria have arrested two men and charged one of them with incitement ahead of a protest planned for Melbourne's CBD on Sunday.

 

 

 

In a statement released on Friday morning, a spokeswoman said police arrested two men after an investigation was launched to find those responsible for organising the large gathering.

Officers raided two properties on Thursday night, one in Mooroolbark and another in Chirnside Park, where mobile phones and a computer were seized.

They charged a 41-year-old man from Mooroolbark with incitement. The offence, in the Crimes Act, involves a person inciting someone else to pursue a course of conduct which will involve the commission of an offence.

The man was bailed and is due to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates Court on January 21 next year.

A 41-year-old male from Chirnside Park was also arrested on Thursday night, but was released and is expected to be charged later on Friday with the same offence.

Police on Thursday night warned anyone who attends the protest will be fined or arrested for the "completely flagrant breach" of the Chief Health Officer's directions.

Edited by Docker123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cyrix400 said:

Another bad news - covid on a SMALL ship - the third line so far?

So how will the big ships manage - or should pax accept a reasonably high risk of covid on any  cruise ship?

cruiseweekly.com.au

"SeaDream COVID

"A PASSENGER who sailed aboard SeaDream Yacht Club’s SeaDream I has tested positive for coronavirus upon his return home.The passenger sailed aboard the previous itinerary the cruise ship sailed, but all passengers onboard the current sailing have been confined to their staterooms.

SeaDream I is expected to arrive in Bodo soon, where local health authorities are expected to start testing passengers and crew, with no-one allowed to go ashore.The cruise line told passengers it was unaware of anyone else with the virus"

If this recent news of three small cruise lines having cases of the virus doesn't stop cruise lines marketing cruising, until it is safe to cruise again, what will?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Does Melbourne have a water cannon? If so give them a good hosing down (with added disinfectant), just the right time of year for it.😲

Even better, hose them down then arrest them and don't give them a change of clothing. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

From The Age:

 

Police in Victoria have arrested two men and charged one of them with incitement ahead of a protest planned for Melbourne's CBD on Sunday.

 

 

 

In a statement released on Friday morning, a spokeswoman said police arrested two men after an investigation was launched to find those responsible for organising the large gathering.

Officers raided two properties on Thursday night, one in Mooroolbark and another in Chirnside Park, where mobile phones and a computer were seized.

They charged a 41-year-old man from Mooroolbark with incitement. The offence, in the Crimes Act, involves a person inciting someone else to pursue a course of conduct which will involve the commission of an offence.

The man was bailed and is due to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates Court on January 21 next year.

A 41-year-old male from Chirnside Park was also arrested on Thursday night, but was released and is expected to be charged later on Friday with the same offence.

Police on Thursday night warned anyone who attends the protest will be fined or arrested for the "completely flagrant breach" of the Chief Health Officer's directions.

Thry shouldn't give bail to people like that in these circumstances. Lock them up and keep them locked up until the pandemic is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a "cruise" for anyone going to Canberra.

 

"If you're looking for some physically distanced fun in the nation’s capital, look no further than Go Boat’s wine tasting tours on Lake Burley Griffin. Each guest is provided with their own stemless wine glass, as well as a bottle of water, Tilba cheese and crackers and a free tote bag. Tickets are being sold as groups of two-to-three so guests can sit next to their friends and maintain their distance at the same time." Source CW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cyrix400 said:

Another bad news - covid on a SMALL ship - the third line so far?

So how will the big ships manage - or should pax accept a reasonably high risk of covid on any  cruise ship?

 

cruiseweekly.com.au

"SeaDream COVID

 

"A PASSENGER who sailed aboard SeaDream Yacht Club’s SeaDream I has tested positive for coronavirus upon his return home.The passenger sailed aboard the previous itinerary the cruise ship sailed, but all passengers onboard the current sailing have been confined to their staterooms.

SeaDream I is expected to arrive in Bodo soon, where local health authorities are expected to start testing passengers and crew, with no-one allowed to go ashore.The cruise line told passengers it was unaware of anyone else with the virus"

 

 

 

But wait, there's more.

 

"The first cruise of an already-decimated southeast Alaska cruise season came to a devastating end Wednesday when a small ship carrying 36 passengers returned to Juneau because one of them tested positive for the coronavirus.

 

All 36 guests on the Wilderness Adventurer will quarantine at a hotel, and the 30 crew members will quarantine on the ship in Gastineau Channel, just off Juneau’s downtown." Full article at LA Times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

From The Age:

 

Police in Victoria have arrested two men and charged one of them with incitement ahead of a protest planned for Melbourne's CBD on Sunday.

That is great news. No doubt some mindless individuals will still turn up.

Edited by By The Bay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Here is a "cruise" for anyone going to Canberra.

 

"If you're looking for some physically distanced fun in the nation’s capital, look no further than Go Boat’s wine tasting tours on Lake Burley Griffin. Each guest is provided with their own stemless wine glass, as well as a bottle of water, Tilba cheese and crackers and a free tote bag. Tickets are being sold as groups of two-to-three so guests can sit next to their friends and maintain their distance at the same time." Source CW

Sounds lovely but I have wine and cheese a home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyrix400 said:

Another bad news - covid on a SMALL ship - the third line so far?

So how will the big ships manage - or should pax accept a reasonably high risk of covid on any  cruise ship?

 

cruiseweekly.com.au

"SeaDream COVID

 

"A PASSENGER who sailed aboard SeaDream Yacht Club’s SeaDream I has tested positive for coronavirus upon his return home.The passenger sailed aboard the previous itinerary the cruise ship sailed, but all passengers onboard the current sailing have been confined to their staterooms.

SeaDream I is expected to arrive in Bodo soon, where local health authorities are expected to start testing passengers and crew, with no-one allowed to go ashore.The cruise line told passengers it was unaware of anyone else with the virus"

 

 

 

 

All guests and crew have been tested onboard Seadream and found to be negative. It's unlikely the passenger either got it onboard, nor spread it onboard.

 

Quite possibly that passenger only picked up the virus in his travels home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Sounds lovely but I have wine and cheese a home.

Way to go Miccheese.jpg.98a97bf55c5e3207f04b50441fd2a0ca.jpg2109143369_th(3).jpg.3df18e6fb666c0042b09b2fcb5921b91.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Even better, hose them down then arrest them and don't give them a change of clothing. 🤣

Oh no, reminds me of Darlo back in 67.🤐Those days are gone folks.

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Uncle Les are those plastic wine bottles?

Yes mate, 1.5 litre, sold in uk supermarkets like Sainsburys and Tesco. Not seen them here, but i drank a few when last in uk, 2018. Bega cheese is made down the highway from me, well 1.5 hour drive, sold everywhere, top stuff. Another thing you have to try.

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Yes mate, 1 litre, sold in uk supermarkets like Sainsburys and Tesco. Not seen them here, but i drank a few when last in uk, 2018.

 

Well I guess they would be convenient but there are just some things....I'm even a little fussy about beer in cans; yes I understand that a keg of beer is technically a can. And a box of wine is actually a plastic bag. I guess it's just an aesthetic thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

 

Well I guess they would be convenient but there are just some things....I'm even a little fussy about beer in cans; yes I understand that a keg of beer is technically a can. And a box of wine is actually a plastic bag. I guess it's just an aesthetic thing.

Drinkable and cheap, Spanish from memory. I took a few bottles of it to the relos, anything is good enough for the relos.🤣

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Drinkable and cheap, Spanish from memory. I took a few bottles of it to the relos, anything is good enough for the relos.🤣

 

The best is when friends come over with their you brew wine🥺 especially when you always show up at their place with a decent drop.🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blackduck59 said:

 

The best is when friends come over with their you brew wine🥺 especially when you always show up at their place with a decent drop.🤔

Tell me about it, they put your Penfolds in their cupboard and tap the chateau cardboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...