Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
richwmn

The Daily for Monday Mar 16, 2020 fka Fleet Report

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

today is Act Happy Day and Freedom of Information Day

ms Eurodam    at sea        
ms Koningsdam    canceled        
ms Nieuw Amsterdam    canceled        
ms Nieuw Statendam    canceled        
ms Oosterdam    canceled        
ms Rotterdam    canceled        
ms Veendam    Cozumel    Mexico    
ms Volendam    Bridgetown    Barbados    08:00 - 18:00
ms Zaandam    at sea        
ms Zuiderdam    at sea        


Eastern Hemisphere:
ms Amsterdam    at sea        
ms Maasdam    at sea        
ms Noordam    Tauranga    Rotorua    
Web Cam   https://www.port-tauranga.co.nz/cargo-and-shipping/tauranga-web-cams/
ms Westerdam    at sea

The reported destinations are from Marine Traffic and I just looked again and many have not been updated in several days (Amsterdam 2 and Maasdam 9 for example)

Ships next scheduled cruise and reported Destinations after pause as of 7pm Mar 15th

ms Amsterdam 2020 May 26 Fort Lauderdale 11 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Montreal Freemantle, Australia
ms Eurodam 2020 Apr 15 Seattle 17 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii (Seattle) Ensenada, Mexico
ms Koningsdam 2020 Apr 16 Callao 16 days, one-way from Callao to Vancouver Bridgetown, Barbados
ms Maasdam 2020 Apr 15 San Diego 12 days, round-trip Mexico Sea Of Cortez (San Diego) Hilo, Hawaii, US
ms Nieuw Amsterdam 2020 Apr 17 Barcelona 23 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice Grand Bahama Bank
ms Nieuw Statendam 2020 Apr 19 Fort Lauderdale 14 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam Grand Bahama Bank
ms Noordam 2020 Apr 16 Sydney 24 days, one-way from Sydney to Vancouver

Tauranga

ms Oosterdam 2020 Apr 18 San Diego 7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera (San Diego) Mexico
ms Rotterdam 2020 Apr 22 Rotterdam 10 days, round-trip Majestic Fjords (Rotterdam) Huanacaxtle, Mexico
ms Veendam 2020 Apr 15 Fort Lauderdale 7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean (Fort Lauderdale) Cozumel, Mexico
ms Volendam 2020 Apr 23 San Diego 6 days, one-way from San Diego to Vancouver Bridgetown, Barbados
ms Westerdam 2020 May 10 Vancouver 7 days, round-trip Alaskan Inside Passage (Vancouver) Honolulu, Hawaii, US
ms Zaandam 2020 Apr 21 Fort Lauderdale 11 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Montreal Punta Arenas, Chile
ms Zuiderdam 2020 Apr 19 Fort Lauderdale 14 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Civitavecchia

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

 

 

Edited by richwmn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people need to “act happy” today 😉 

Thanks for the report, Rich 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the Fleet report.

 

Nothing to be happy here about -- nearly everything is shut down -- grocery stores are out of food and all other supplies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for what must have been a challenging report to pull together, Rich!  
 

A good time to practice acting happy, and boy if ever FOIA was important, it is now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it! The Daily! Great going Rich and thanks so much for your efforts on the fleet reporting.

 

Image result for happy jokesimage.jpeg.9c54791f19a58f6c3ed9dcf19d679c3e.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning, just curious. If ports in Canada are closed till July1st, how can the Zaandam sail in April from Ft. Lauderdale to Montreal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, howndder said:

Good morning, just curious. If ports in Canada are closed till July1st, how can the Zaandam sail in April from Ft. Lauderdale to Montreal?

I was thinking similar about the Volendam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, howndder said:

Good morning, just curious. If ports in Canada are closed till July1st, how can the Zaandam sail in April from Ft. Lauderdale to Montreal?

 

2 minutes ago, jeremystevens said:

I was thinking similar about the Volendam

They might not be able to. What I listed is what is currently scheduled. I am sure that many people at HAL headquarters are trying to get new schedules put together so that the ships can be used. Just as the restrictions went up quickly, they can come down just as quickly depending on the spread of the virus. I will try to update as the information becomes available.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, richwmn said:

 

They might not be able to. What I listed is what is currently scheduled. I am sure that many people at HAL headquarters are trying to get new schedules put together so that the ships can be used. Just as the restrictions went up quickly, they can come down just as quickly depending on the spread of the virus. I will try to update as the information becomes available.

 

Thanks Rich. It's this uncertainty that's causing problems for those of us with cruises booked from Canadian ports in May and June; HAL's guidance for customers doesn't stretch that far yet, but Canada hasn't given any indication that their freeze on ships visiting their ports is likely to be revisited before the end of June. Will be grateful for any updates you can post as and when you are able. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GOOD MORNING RICH AND EVERYONE !

Hey I am happy! Right now I am sitting  in my car waiting for my seaside market to open and stock up again!  Came home yesterday no lines for immigration at San Diego air port and caught a Uber home! 
It is like a ghost town there is no one!
Rich I love the title the DAILY!!!

We will all get through this.

Lets all have a great day !

As I said my 2 month cruise vacation in 4 days ( never again) next trip will be wonderful for all of us

Denise😊

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jeremystevens said:

Thanks Rich. It's this uncertainty that's causing problems for those of us with cruises booked from Canadian ports in May and June; HAL's guidance for customers doesn't stretch that far yet, but Canada hasn't given any indication that their freeze on ships visiting their ports is likely to be revisited before the end of June. Will be grateful for any updates you can post as and when you are able. Thanks.

 

Our Prime Minister will be speaking today with more updates.  I expect there to be more severe measures taken but I’m just guessing.  I’ll post if there is anything relevant to cruisers.

 

I highly doubt the port openings will be revisited unless there is a dramatic change and certainty that the virus is not a threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

GOOD MORNING RICH AND EVERYONE !

Hey I am happy! Right now I am sitting  in my car waiting for my seaside market to open and stock up again!  Came home yesterday no lines for immigration at San Diego air port and caught a Uber home! 
It is like a ghost town there is no one!
Rich I love the title the DAILY!!!

We will all get through this.

Lets all have a great day !

As I said my 2 month cruise vacation in 4 days ( never again) next trip will be wonderful for all of us

Denise😊

 

 

 

 

Good morning Denise, Happy to know you are home safe and sound!

We are happy today as well. Blessed that we don't have kids at home, retired, so no job to struggle thru, savings, food on the table... My heart goes out to those who are less fortunate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

 

Good morning Denise, Happy to know you are home safe and sound!

We are happy today as well. Blessed that we don't have kids at home, retired, so no job to struggle thru, savings, food on the table... My heart goes out to those who are less fortunate. 

I agree Joy!

Denise👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great report and for staying on top of the information as best as possible. Any ideas on where the cancelled ships will be?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To answer a question. As of yesterday when we were still on the Rotterdam The Captain said as soon as everyone is off the crew will go about a regular day and as per requested from corporate they will sail from PV to outside waters . Wait and hold is what was said. He said Oosterdam is in the same situation.

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

To answer a question. As of yesterday when we were still on the Rotterdam The Captain said as soon as everyone is off the crew will go about a regular day and as per requested from corporate they will sail from PV to outside waters . Wait and hold is what was said. He said Oosterdam is in the same situation.

Denise😊

 

Now that it's over, I will admit that I came just this close to booking a last minute deal on that Panama Canal cruise because I was sad about missing Japan.  Seemed like why not -- just enjoy the ship, even if ports were missed.  I looked at it late at night and thought better to sleep on it and if there was still a NS available in the morning, I'd book it.  But they were gone by morning!

 

Who knew that they would completely halt the whole cruise!!  Everything is just so wild right now!

Glad you're back home okay, Denise, and thinking of all those World Cruise passengers still getting things sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

 

Now that it's over, I will admit that I came just this close to booking a last minute deal on that Panama Canal cruise because I was sad about missing Japan.  Seemed like why not -- just enjoy the ship, even if ports were missed.  I looked at it late at night and thought better to sleep on it and if there was still a NS available in the morning, I'd book it.  But they were gone by morning!

 

Who knew that they would completely halt the whole cruise!!  Everything is just so wild right now!

Glad you're back home okay, Denise, and thinking of all those World Cruise passengers still getting things sorted.

So glad you didn’t book it! I sure do understand how you wanted to go! Be glad 

your home safe!! We are definitely going again! Have a cruise on Koningsdam in January still!  ( Hope our HAL and all cruise lines will be up and running)
The Daily is so awesome that Rich thought of this!!! We still can group here and talk as well as getting info on HAL! 
Thank you Rich.

Denise😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kazu said:

A lot of people need to “act happy” today 😉 

Thanks for the report, Rich 🙂 

 

 

??

Need to ACT  Happy or BE Happy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@sail7seas you need to read the fleet report to get it.

 

From Rich’s fleet report at the top in bold:  today is Act Happy Day and Freedom of Information Day

 

and, a number of us are not happy but acting happy with the cancellation of our cruises and the covid19 crisis. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 80-something parents are scheduled on Eurodam's Hawaii Circle Cruise departing Seattle on April 15 (one day outside the "pause.")  Rich's Daily shows this cruise as docking in Ensenada, Mexico, which is (was) not on their itinerary.  We've heard nothing from Holland America.  Rich, do you know, did they switch over to Ensenada because of the Canadian ban (Eurodam was supposed to go to Victoria B.C. originally)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, laughingarcher said:

My 80-something parents are scheduled on Eurodam's Hawaii Circle Cruise departing Seattle on April 15 (one day outside the "pause.")  Rich's Daily shows this cruise as docking in Ensenada, Mexico, which is (was) not on their itinerary.  We've heard nothing from Holland America.  Rich, do you know, did they switch over to Ensenada because of the Canadian ban (Eurodam was supposed to go to Victoria B.C. originally)?

I don't know the why of the switch, but Eurodam's position is just off Ensenada so she should make port there but it may just be a technical stop to satisfy the PVSA. According to HAL's Facebook page post for discharging passengers -

Quote

Eurodam: March 18 in San Diego, California, as scheduled.

Edited by richwmn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...