Jump to content

How long will the refund take?


Recommended Posts

On April 16, I selected a refund for 2 cabins (booked separately) on the April 25/20 sailing of the Summit.  I had used 2 different CC’s for the deposits and a third for the balance on both.  On May 8 all funds were back on the cards.  While there were 8 or more separate credits to one card, it reconciled to the total amount paid by me.  Elapsed time was 22 days, I am impressed by the speed and timeliness of the refund and no hassle.

 

On a less positive note, Princess is on the other extremity.  It has been 87 days with them since cancelling Feb 16.  I did get airfare and taxes/ port fees back on Feb 17.  The cruise fare and a 50% FCC are nowhere to be seen.  Calling gets you it might be 60 days from this date or that date.  I do send an email to them every day.
 

While I am at it, I did get a refund from United Air in relation to the Celebrity cruise.  That took 7 weeks, many phone calls and filing a DOT complaint.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ken_ll said:

On April 16, I selected a refund for 2 cabins (booked separately) on the April 25/20 sailing of the Summit.  I had used 2 different CC’s for the deposits and a third for the balance on both.  On May 8 all funds were back on the cards.  While there were 8 or more separate credits to one card, it reconciled to the total amount paid by me.  Elapsed time was 22 days, I am impressed by the speed and timeliness of the refund and no hassle.

 

On a less positive note, Princess is on the other extremity.  It has been 87 days with them since cancelling Feb 16.  I did get airfare and taxes/ port fees back on Feb 17.  The cruise fare and a 50% FCC are nowhere to be seen.  Calling gets you it might be 60 days from this date or that date.  I do send an email to them every day.
 

While I am at it, I did get a refund from United Air in relation to the Celebrity cruise.  That took 7 weeks, many phone calls and filing a DOT complaint.

 

 

You must be one of the lucky ones. We requested a refund March 30 for a June 14th sailing in Alaska.  No money back on our CC yet.  Spoke with Celebrity last week and they had said "give it another 2-3 weeks".

Yes, we are also have issues with Princess but have received some compensation from them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I filled out the 100% refund online on March 15th.

Yesterday (after 55 days) they sent me an email giving me FCC

instead of a REFUND.

I have seen them do this trick with others on these boards.

They will do ANYTHING to prevent you from get your money

back!!

Now do I have to wait hours on the phone to months to FIX this??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BP99 said:

I filled out the 100% refund online on March 15th.

Yesterday (after 55 days) they sent me an email giving me FCC

instead of a REFUND.

I have seen them do this trick with others on these boards.

They will do ANYTHING to prevent you from get your money

back!!

Now do I have to wait hours on the phone to months to FIX this??

Apparently they've been processing FCCs instead of refunds when you have requested through the online form. My March 15 cruise was cancelled March 13th and I requested 100% refund.  Finally April 20th received everything back to credit card but it has been a complete mess.  On another cancelled cruise which was split on two credit cards my friend received everything back in a timely manner while I waited 6 weeks for my refund. This baffles me as it was the same reservation number. Celebrity could not provide an explanation as to why this happened. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to update, we have now received the whole refund from Celebrity. It came in numerous random payments but we have finally had it. 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites

I requested a refund on March 29th for our June 19th Alaska cancelled cruise.  We received our full refund today (May 14) for cruise and shore excursions in separate amounts.

All my doubts have vanished!

Thank you Celebrity

 

Edited by GeroWA
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 3:02 AM, BP99 said:

I filled out the 100% refund online on March 15th.

Yesterday (after 55 days) they sent me an email giving me FCC

instead of a REFUND.

I have seen them do this trick with others on these boards.

They will do ANYTHING to prevent you from get your money

back!!

Now do I have to wait hours on the phone to months to FIX this??

Should be able to do through your TA - I did - or via an email or online to Celebrity.  My refund request ended up being a FCC as well.  My TA fixed it quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruise cancelled by Celebrity 25 March and we requested refund same day. Just today the ship shore excursions were refunded back to my card. No sign of the cruise cost refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 17 April, I requested a refund for our 16 May 2020 Galapagos cruise ☹️ and received the credit to my Visa today (4 weeks) - very pleased to see the refund as offered.   Am still waiting for a refund from Flights by Celebrity which I knew would be refunded separately.  Expect it within the next 30 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 12:44 AM, az_tchr said:

Should be able to do through your TA - I did - or via an email or online to Celebrity.  My refund request ended up being a FCC as well.  My TA fixed it quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for your post. 

You said "My TA fixed it quickly". Does that mean you got a refund quickly?

My TA also fixed it quickly BUT I am being punished with waiting again.

I see many are now getting refunds for much later cruises. But...

Again, are they doing ANYTHING to stall some payments? I'm waiting

for $10K? Do they get rewarded (bonuses) for errors and making people wait?

I hate to be sceptical but many are being subjected to their errors.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

update from prior post ---

 

70 days and counting. NOT A SINGLE PENNY refunded for anything. NO taxes and fees refunded. NO shore excursion refunded, NO nothing.

 

Now TA is saying 60-90 days and ignoring all the hollow promises Celebrity/RCCL has made in the last 70 days.

 

Pathetic!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We applied for a 100% refund on March 15 for cancelled cruise on Reflection 4/3. We got a refund 2 days ago for all but $100.

That was a deposit we paid  with a credit card we no longer have. So Celebrity said they issue a check after money returned from the CC . Will see... Glad we finally got a refund. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

final update ---

 

after waiting for 73 days, we finally received a credit on visa statement today (5/19/2020) for the shore excursions paid for last December and the taxes and fees also paid when final payment was made in December. 

 

We're done!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I received my deposit from Celebrity on May 25 for our June 2 cruise ($250 per passenger).

I made several calls to see about the remainder then last week was told that the remainder was sent back to my big box travel website on May 25th.  Apparently my TA had no interest in refunding my money.  I have spent the past week trying to get action from them.  Today they informed me that they indeed have my money and will get it back to me "in the next week or so."  

Not that I ever see myself cruising again (all I picture is a floating petri dish) but I'll certainly never use a travel agent whose very name says "con".  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, newcruiserdave said:

I received my deposit from Celebrity on May 25 for our June 2 cruise ($250 per passenger).

I made several calls to see about the remainder then last week was told that the remainder was sent back to my big box travel website on May 25th.  Apparently my TA had no interest in refunding my money.  I have spent the past week trying to get action from them.  Today they informed me that they indeed have my money and will get it back to me "in the next week or so."  

Not that I ever see myself cruising again (all I picture is a floating petri dish) but I'll certainly never use a travel agent whose very name says "con".  

the one with cost seems to work well for us; cruising, hotels, car rentals and more.

 

i've been on this refund, fcc, rebook quest for 3 months now and am down to only receiving back port taxes and fees of $209.xx

 

stay on your path and see it through. we cancelled on 09Mar for a 13Mar sailing and then the world shut down on 17Mar. talk about being in the apex if this coivd crap.

 

life will march on. keep your head up high and smile. you're still vertical while others are horizontal with no ability to change that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got everything back but my travel insurance I bought through Celebrity for my May 13th 2020 cruise! Waiting a few more days and if I don't receive I,ll call Celebrity and see when I will receive it back to my CC used!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...