Jump to content

When will refund be issued?


Recommended Posts

On 3/16/2020 at 1:20 PM, sonshn said:

We cancelled our May 23rd cruise 2 weeks ago prior HA changing their refund policy. We have premium insurance. We have not yet received our 90% refund. Does anybody know how long it takes for refund to show up?

 

I also have platinum insurance from HAL, I am waiting more than 60 days. Shame on HAL.  The only option now is to file a dispute with cc company.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears things might be moving. I just received an email that my FCC for my Apr 19 sailing had been added to my account. On another thread someone mentioned getting the email for a May sailing

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, zelker said:

Looks like they are starting to issue FCC but what about actual refunds?  Anyone seeing that happening yet?

 

 

I just posted that question on another thread.  Great minds think alike!

And no, I don't see any refunds coming back to us all of a sudden.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm still on hold with HAL but they are saying because we disputed with our CC we won't get the FCC that the email they sent us said we would get.  Meanwhile the CC is asking for more information and we haven't actually seen any $$ returned, just don't have to pay our bill. 

 

I'm still on hold but the CC dispute doesn't explain why we haven't been refunded our expenses related to having turn around after arriving in California because our flight was canceled while we in the air. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, richwmn said:

It appears things might be moving. I just received an email that my FCC for my Apr 19 sailing had been added to my account. On another thread someone mentioned getting the email for a May sailing

 

Still do not have my FCC from my (HAL) canceled March 14th sailing.. 😕

Edited by KroozNut
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dave34 said:

My TA was told today it may be 90-180 days from date of cruise, June 14, for cash refund. Starting my credit card dispute tomorrow. 

We submitted our refund paperwork on 3/20 for our HAL canceled 4/5 cruise. Our TA confirmed with HAL on 4/1 that paperwork was received. A follow up call was made yesterday to our TA and he now says he is hearing 90-180 days for refunds from HAL.  I'm just hoping against hope that this is for the more recently canceled cruises and the initial wave of 30 day cruising pause is still held to the 60 day refund. I guess I will find out as we are coming up on the 60 days in another 2 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kaiiak said:

We submitted our refund paperwork on 3/20 for our HAL canceled 4/5 cruise. Our TA confirmed with HAL on 4/1 that paperwork was received. A follow up call was made yesterday to our TA and he now says he is hearing 90-180 days for refunds from HAL.  I'm just hoping against hope that this is for the more recently canceled cruises and the initial wave of 30 day cruising pause is still held to the 60 day refund. I guess I will find out as we are coming up on the 60 days in another 2 weeks.

60 days since you submitted the request but not 60 days from sail date which is what we heard when HAL bottomed out and had to cancel our March cruise.  Either way terrible follow up job with no communication at all.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nymich said:

60 days since you submitted the request but not 60 days from sail date which is what we heard when HAL bottomed out and had to cancel our March cruise.  Either way terrible follow up job with no communication at all.  

 

I actually really don’t know which it is... 60 after cancellation paperwork or sail date and seeing that nobody on CC has really gotten their refund yet it’s a guess! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just told mine is in process and it will take 60-90 days. It wasn’t clear if that was from my cancel date (March 13) or my sail date (April 3).
My bank suggested waiting to see, and if it does not come through then file a dispute. He said in the case of bankruptcy, there is a separate process that will cover me. I’m guessing that has to do with the insurance that is part of my CC. (Thanks to several people on the Hal board I got a CC with an annual fee that provides travel insurance, no foreign exchange fees, and many other perks. That is the card I used. I plan to file for the 10% not refunded under HALs platinum then.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, on 3/19/2020 I cancelled four prepaid HAL shore excursions. The EXC desk said that it would take up to 60 days for the refund. The refunds credited my cc today (51 days) and I did not have to contact my cc issuer to request a charge back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We cancelled our July  cruise on 29 Apr & used that cruise deposit to rebook a cruise in July 2021, we also cancelled our HAL ship excursion & received our refund on 6 May, that was quick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mandalay1903 said:

FWIW, on 3/19/2020 I cancelled four prepaid HAL shore excursions. The EXC desk said that it would take up to 60 days for the refund. The refunds credited my cc today (51 days) and I did not have to contact my cc issuer to request a charge back.

While that is nothing like the thousands of dollars people are waiting on it is ridiculous that you had to wait 51 days to get shore excursions refunded.  When we knew that HAL was going to be FORCED to cancel back in March we cancelled all excursions and were refunded the next day and that is when HAL caught up with the rest of the world and cancelled.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mandalay1903 said:

FWIW, on 3/19/2020 I cancelled four prepaid HAL shore excursions. The EXC desk said that it would take up to 60 days for the refund. The refunds credited my cc today (51 days) and I did not have to contact my cc issuer to request a charge back.

 

I had 5 shorex I cancelled online on dates 3/19-3/22/20, before I cancelled the whole cruise on 3/23, to keep the amounts separate. On 5/6/20 I disputed 3 of them and 2 of them showed up today May 8, as refunds dated Mar 19 (?) , not temporary by the CC company. The other 2 were to old to dispute online, so I just decided to wait awhile to contact the 2 different CC companies. Well, also today, one of those also showed up as a "pending" refund, so I know it wasn't done by the CC company, because I never disputed it. Hopefully the others will show up soon, also. 

 

It looks like they might be getting past the middle of March for refunds...

Edited by PSR
Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke with HAL Seattle yesterday afternoon regarding our cancelled (by HAL)14 March sailing. The rep I spoke with told me that they're still sticking to their 60 days from cancellation date for refunds and FCC to occur.

 

She said they just started rolling out the first of the refunds/FCC (our group) on Friday (5/8), and that we SHOULD see ours close to the 60 day point; which would be, best case scenario, sometime next week for us.

 

We shall see..

Edited by KroozNut
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 6:05 PM, PSR said:

 

I had 5 shorex I cancelled online on dates 3/19-3/22/20, before I cancelled the whole cruise on 3/23, to keep the amounts separate. On 5/6/20 I disputed 3 of them and 2 of them showed up today May 8, as refunds dated Mar 19 (?) , not temporary by the CC company. The other 2 were to old to dispute online, so I just decided to wait awhile to contact the 2 different CC companies. Well, also today, one of those also showed up as a "pending" refund, so I know it wasn't done by the CC company, because I never disputed it. Hopefully the others will show up soon, also. 

 

It looks like they might be getting past the middle of March for refunds...

 

The last 2 (cancelled on 3/22) shorex refunds showed up yesterday, May 9th. Now for the "big" ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 3:26 PM, KroozNut said:

I spoke with HAL Seattle yesterday afternoon regarding our cancelled (by HAL)14 March sailing. The rep I spoke with told me that they're still sticking to their 60 days from cancellation date for refunds and FCC to occur.

 

She said they just started rolling out the first of the refunds/FCC (our group) on Friday (5/8), and that we SHOULD see ours close to the 60 day point; which would be, best case scenario, sometime next week for us.

 

We shall see..

Yesterday was 60 days from date of cancellation for us.  No sign of any refund or FCC.  My TA said they a million passengers to deal with and their refunds or FCC's are all different, so have to be handled manually.  I just don't understand why some people got their refunds within days of cancelling.  It's a mystery, but when I consider the logistics, I am prepared to wait a little longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2020 at 9:19 PM, Addysett said:

Yesterday was 60 days from date of cancellation for us.  No sign of any refund or FCC.  My TA said they a million passengers to deal with and their refunds or FCC's are all different, so have to be handled manually.  I just don't understand why some people got their refunds within days of cancelling.  It's a mystery, but when I consider the logistics, I am prepared to wait a little longer.

Yep... us too. We passed the 60-day mark on 13 May, and still no refund or FCC. Not real happy at this point! 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

When I read posts like Krooznut's I only hope that I am next in line for our refund.  My hopes were dashed as I did a quick check with my cc online.  It will be coming up to 78 days for us.  I still have some patience left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been waiting for a refund to our credit card almost 10 weeks. Totally unacceptable. 
TA told me last week he hasn’t had any client receive their refund yet. 
I’ve turned to Citibank MasterCard to help with a dispute. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lyndihop said:

Been waiting for a refund to our credit card almost 10 weeks. Totally unacceptable. 
TA told me last week he hasn’t had any client receive their refund yet. 
I’ve turned to Citibank MasterCard to help with a dispute. 

Couple of questions, and observations here; from one that just recently received their refund after about 75 days from HAL cancelling our cruise:

1) Did you or HAL cancel your cruise (it does make a difference) Everyone's unique situation is different, and the details are important

2) What your TA says only applies to his/her clients, and does not represent the total population of those affected. Several are in the same boat (no pun intended) as us, and have received our refunds

3) I would try to be patient and give HAL some more time to get your refund done.. they are making progress

4) Personally, I would only turn to your credit card in terms of a disputed charge as a VERY LAST resort; as this may only complicate matters further, and ultimately delay your credit more

 

Just MHO, and others will likely disagree..

 

Good luck!

 

Edited by KroozNut
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...