Jump to content

When will refund be issued?


Recommended Posts

I have...but not for a few months  I did get a reply to an email in May to be patient..should take 60 days. I waited until last week and sent another email ....no response. Who exactly do I call-email? I did book thru a TA but they did not respond either 

5 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

I would start with calling them.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CATandSQUID said:

We finally received our cruise credit from a cruise that was cancelled in March 2020. It showed up on our HAL page.

Thank you for mentioning that. I had emailed guest relations 9/16 ...and just checked my account page...there was the FCC book by 9/18/21...I assume they issued it 9/18/20..but it's there...yay! They mentioned originally credit for the cruise + a FCC but I never got the credit...just the prepaid extras were credited to my CC

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a October 17 TA paid in full in January that HAL cancelled May 6. I opted for FCC, and I have not received a dime. Then HAL cancelled my April 21 2021 Maasdam cruise in June 2020, and again havent gotten a dime. I've written a number of times and my TA has called, including yesterday, and still nothing. I've never gotten a response to my emails. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week we cancelled our extended family holiday cruise for late December '20. The FCC's we had received from our March '20 cancelled cruise (those were processed in approx 3 months) which had been applied to that December cruise were immediately moved by our PCC to another HAL cruise and/or deposited in our HAL Mariner accounts. The original expirations still apply though I am wondering if HAL will need to do as the airlines have and extend the dates on those credits as the possible cruises they can be used on is dwindling. But I was happy to see the FCC part of the transaction went smooth and seamlessly. Our shore excursion funds from the Dec cruise have also made it back to our CC in a weeks time. Now we wait on the deposits to be refunded.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the pandemic HAL promised us a non refundable hotel reimbursement in January. It was suppose to be received by late March. My TA and I had sent several emails, called, etc but had no result for months. In July I posted my frustration on the HAL FB page. They responded and suggested I email socialmedia@hollandamerica.com. I did that and got my check in a few weeks. I am not sure if emailing this address was a factor but am happy. I waited seven months but am glad I got the check. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Color me shocked. I had cancelled my March 2020 cruise about 10 days before HAL. There had been a promise of FCC for the cancellation fees. Due to being immuno-suppressed, and likely not being able to cruise for a good while, I tried getting a refund of the FCC. My emails to customer relations were ignored, but then I emailed reservations and was told I would be reviewed as an exception, but it could take 6 months to hear. Lo and behold I got my credit card bill today, which showed a large credit! I checked and HAL sent the refund on the 17th! Hallelujah!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also shocked, with a miracle to report, unless this is a dream.  On Sept 11 we cancelled a Jan 2021 AUS/NZ cruise and asked our TA to request a refund of the $1200 deposit.  The refund was posted 9 days later, Sept 20, to our credit card.  Perhaps an industry record?  Maybe HAL likes us b/c earlier we requested and were allowed to move a deposit for another 2021 cruise to the same cruise in 2022, hoping South Amer will be open then.  That must be it, it's like a hug from a cruise line.  We didn't move the 2021 AUS/NZ cruise to 2022 b/c it only makes one stop in mainland AUS.  Bummer b/c we scored one of the huge balcony aft-facing cabins on deck 5 of the Ooster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received our refund for Maasdam Jan. 2021 cruise a week ago.  It was deposited into our credit card account. We had also received our refund deposit for a Sep. 2020 cruise about four months ago, and that was through our TA.  The first was through a big box travel agency, and it took longer, but we got them both eventually. Nicole

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 3:38 PM, Noodles84 said:

Just received our refund for Maasdam Jan. 2021 cruise a week ago. 

I'm feeling more hopeful with the latest reports of refunds from Jan. 2021 cruises.  

We asked for a refund on June 11 for our January cruise.  They instead put $3,000 towards our spring cruise (which may be cancelled too) and kept the remaining $12,000 as FCC. 😡  Our PCC told them AGAIN that we want the refund not FCC.  So we wait again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm feeling more hopeful with the latest reports of refunds from Jan. 2021 cruises.  

We asked for a refund on June 11 for our January cruise.  They instead put $3,000 towards our spring cruise (which may be cancelled too) and kept the remaining $12,000 as FCC. 😡  Our PCC told them AGAIN that we want the refund not FCC.  So we wait again. 

 

Carolyn!  Although I enjoy reading of your saga, I have to say this is totally unreal!  Personally, I am getting leery of booking with my FCC!

 

Thanks a lot for all the smoke you sent our way.  Glad for the rain that finally came!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

 

Carolyn!  Although I enjoy reading of your saga, I have to say this is totally unreal!  Personally, I am getting leery of booking with my FCC!

 

Thanks a lot for all the smoke you sent our way.  Glad for the rain that finally came!

Unbelievable, isn't it?!?  Our PCC is pretty ticked off too.  Needless to say, I'll be posting here when that refund finally shows up.

hmm, we don't have fires/smoke in our area, but got some from OR and CA...eastern WA had it too.  Yes, good for the rain!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our May 2020 cruise cancelled in March and we have not received our FCC yet.   We did receive the portion for our cc refund several weeks ago, but still no FCC.  We booked another cruise for May, 2021 so hopefully it will come prior to final payment.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 9:31 AM, fatcat04 said:

Last week we cancelled our extended family holiday cruise for late December '20. The FCC's we had received from our March '20 cancelled cruise (those were processed in approx 3 months) which had been applied to that December cruise were immediately moved by our PCC to another HAL cruise and/or deposited in our HAL Mariner accounts. The original expirations still apply though I am wondering if HAL will need to do as the airlines have and extend the dates on those credits as the possible cruises they can be used on is dwindling. But I was happy to see the FCC part of the transaction went smooth and seamlessly. Our shore excursion funds from the Dec cruise have also made it back to our CC in a weeks time. Now we wait on the deposits to be refunded.

Update:

Looked at our cc statement this am and lo and behold the deposits were refunded on the 24th of this month so we are all settled with HAL now. Apparently customer initiated cancellation refunds are indeed being processed quickly. Very encouraging. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CORealtor said:

Our May 2020 cruise cancelled in March and we have not received our FCC yet.   We did receive the portion for our cc refund several weeks ago, but still no FCC.  We booked another cruise for May, 2021 so hopefully it will come prior to final payment.  

I just got my April 2020cruise FCC posted last week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 1:09 PM, CORealtor said:

Our May 2020 cruise cancelled in March and we have not received our FCC yet.   We did receive the portion for our cc refund several weeks ago, but still no FCC.  We booked another cruise for May, 2021 so hopefully it will come prior to final payment

 

We're still waiting for the FCC from our June cruise (cancelled in April) to be applied. Not impressed about the time being taken for what should be a very simple transaction - no actual money involved.

 

We're booked on an October next year cruise, hopefully things will be sorted by then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote asking for a refund on our fccs on or about the 22nd of September. I received a response on October 2nd that my request for refund has been approved. I thought that was a fast response.  They said a refund a refund within to 30 to 60 days.  Time will tell.

Link to post
Share on other sites

HAL sent us an email July 15 telling us the Rotterdam had been sold, so our Viking Passage cruise was cancelled (July 10, 2021).  It is still listed on our account on line, so I have no idea when it will be sorted, it's coming up to 90 days soon.  I want to do some bookings next week, so I think I may try a Chat - anyone had any luck with that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting on the refund of our deposit for a Rotterdam cruise.  As soon as we were notified of the sale of the ship, I requested a refund.  My travel agent has followed up on my behalf, I have spoken directly to a HAL customer service rep and was told that it it in process.  Very dissatisfied with the way HAL is holding our money.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...