Jump to content

Refund Show UP?


babydaryl24
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

So by your logic, with the massive amounts of cancellations, NCL should have 6-12 months or more to refund YOUR money?  In our modern age, taking a few months to refund anything is not only ridiculous but unethical.

 

but when 1000s book on a single day, NCL charges everyone within one or 2 days.. how is that possible? If charging is possible within 24 hours then crediting should also shouldn't take more than 2 days.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not yet. Today is the 10th business day for the first one (thermal spa suite cancellation) and I have another one for the Free at Sea gratuities. I spoke with someone at the call center. He asked if my card had changed in any way (it hasn't). I felt like I was getting a bit of run around. I guess they need to hang on to as much cash as possible for as long as possible. Trying to get the cruise fare refund should be fun.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Love my butler said:

So by your logic, with the massive amounts of cancellations, NCL should have 6-12 months or more to refund YOUR money?  In our modern age, taking a few months to refund anything is not only ridiculous but unethical.

Not my logic, experience. The Getaway TA last April was shortened by two days and they changed the ports. We had seven days notice that we had to change flights or find a hotel in the UK. We got a partial refund, $300 in expenses and a partial future credit. I got my final check in late June. There were people in the roll call group still waiting for payment in August. Your expectations are overly optimistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2020 at 3:54 AM, babydaryl24 said:

Anyone who asked for a cash refund last week  or the week before, have it show up?

 

Quote: 

For guests who wish to not avail themselves of the 125% future cruise credit, a 100%

refund of the fare paid will be reimbursed to the original form of payment within 90 days of guests’ request. 

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-voyages

 

 

Edited by TrumpyNor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

Quote: 

For guests who wish to not avail themselves of the 125% future cruise credit, a 100%

refund of the fare paid will be reimbursed to the original form of payment within 90 days of guests’ request. 

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-voyages

 

 

This was effective starting March 13th. Many cancellations happened prior to that 90 day rule going into effect. Personally I cancelled a cruise for October on March 12th...and I am hoping to get a refund to my credit card in two weeks from that. Time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cancelled on March 12  for the March 15 sailing under Peace of Mind.  I should have waited and I could have either received a 125% FCC or money.  Since I cancelled the day before that offer, I only receive a FCC which is fine for me.  My issue is that I only have received a notice that my FCC is X dollars and I paid way more than that.  I do not think I got my service charges/gratuities back and taxes etc.  My TA told me to wait another week and see if they fix it.

 

I hope they do as right now I think I only received about 50% of what I paid in total as a FCC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JacquiR said:

I cancelled on March 12  for the March 15 sailing under Peace of Mind.  I should have waited and I could have either received a 125% FCC or money.  Since I cancelled the day before that offer, I only receive a FCC which is fine for me.  My issue is that I only have received a notice that my FCC is X dollars and I paid way more than that.  I do not think I got my service charges/gratuities back and taxes etc.  My TA told me to wait another week and see if they fix it.

 

I hope they do as right now I think I only received about 50% of what I paid in total as a FCC

Check with your cruise companion (assuming you weren't cruising solo).  Reports are that each person gets their own FCC, which would make sense if you got 50%, and your companion got 50%.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On March 8th I called NCL and canceled the Specialty Dining and Beverage Package gratuities. I was told the refund would appear on my credit card in 7-10 business days. That would mean the last day for the refund would have been yesterday. 

I checked...no refund. 

 

Of course, I charged this cruise on my NCL card, so disputing the charge could be an adventure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kaprin02 said:

Check with your cruise companion (assuming you weren't cruising solo).  Reports are that each person gets their own FCC, which would make sense if you got 50%, and your companion got 50%.....

Thanks but my cruise companions were my 17 yr old son and his 17 yr old best friend so the only payment info they have is my credit card.

I will wait and see what happens after March 23 as that is the date that they originally said and I can follow up in a few weeks as I am sure they are swamped and besides, there is not a cruise I want to book right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My refund showed up today.  Was just alerted my American Express was credited.  It was a $250 refund for a next cruise certificate.  It took longer than the 14 days they said and took about another 10 days.  Just posting this to give others hope their refund is also on their way. I am sure they are overwhelmed.  It was a little late but I was refunded.  Note that my refund started before the craziness and cancellation of all cruises for 30 days.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cancelled cruise for October on March 12th. Had put $1400+ so far into that cruise on Credit Card. Reservation was done and cancelled through CAS. Refunds to my Chase card did just show up today with a date of the 19th for the refund. I am relieved and happy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2020 at 7:53 AM, mnsweeps said:

I just called NCL and they said I should see refund in 7 - 10 business days ...and she confirmed I should get it by this Friday Mar 20... who knows.. I will wait till Friday then..

Did the refund come? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone! I used uplift for the last $1000 of ours.. so Uplift will get their $1000.. Then we will get the other 8k... Just waiting....  I'm only on 8 business days now.. so we should be fine....

 

I appreciate everyone's updates on CASH REFUNDS 🙂 tytyty!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just received e-mails on 21 Mar letting us know the amounts of our FCC from our 15 Mar Encore cruise that was cancelled.  We did not cancel before, so we are doing the 150% FCC. The cruise was charged onto a single credit card, but the FCC was distributed between all 4 travelers (2 x adult, 2 x kids) minus the $500 in Cruise Next Certificates we applied.  The $500 in Cruise Next certificates was deducted from the first traveler on the reservation.  Both Cruise Next Certificates are now visible (approx 6 hr after the email arrived) on our NCL account with the same expiration dates that they had when we purchased them.  The charges for the cruise fare, successful upgrade bid, prepaid shore excursions, and beverage upgrade package were all used to calculate the FCC amount.

FCC is good until 31 Dec 2022.

There is also a note for " an additional 20% discount for a limited time only on any sailing from July 1, 2020 through Dec. 31, 2022 if we reserve by March 31, 2020."

 

Hope this provides a little information/awareness for those in similar situations.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, iraschurig said:

 

FCC is good until 31 Dec 2022.

There is also a note for " an additional 20% discount for a limited time only on any sailing from July 1, 2020 through Dec. 31, 2022 if we reserve by March 31, 2020."

 

Hope this provides a little information/awareness for those in similar situations.

To clarify, the FCC is good for 365 days from date it is issued.  It can be used during those 365 days to book a cruise through the end of 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, iraschurig said:

Just received e-mails on 21 Mar letting us know the amounts of our FCC from our 15 Mar Encore cruise that was cancelled.  We did not cancel before, so we are doing the 150% FCC. The cruise was charged onto a single credit card, but the FCC was distributed between all 4 travelers (2 x adult, 2 x kids) minus the $500 in Cruise Next Certificates we applied.  The $500 in Cruise Next certificates was deducted from the first traveler on the reservation.  Both Cruise Next Certificates are now visible (approx 6 hr after the email arrived) on our NCL account with the same expiration dates that they had when we purchased them.  The charges for the cruise fare, successful upgrade bid, prepaid shore excursions, and beverage upgrade package were all used to calculate the FCC amount.

FCC is good until 31 Dec 2022.

There is also a note for " an additional 20% discount for a limited time only on any sailing from July 1, 2020 through Dec. 31, 2022 if we reserve by March 31, 2020."

 

Hope this provides a little information/awareness for those in similar situations.

Thanks for posting this!   

 

We are still waiting for our email for our cancelled April 5th Encore.  In reading your detailed description of how it was credited, I would guess the computer might be having trouble with ours and perhaps someone at NCL will have to over-ride to get ours computed.  

 

Our two Cruise Next  deposits ($500) were both in my name, however my half of the 'cruise fare' (admin fee) & port fees was just $360 as it was a CAS comp.   Using your description of how they computed the FCC would be a negative amount for me🤔When we get those two CN deposits available again we plan to re-book on Encore for early next year.  (We loved our January Encore a few months ago!)     Thanks again for the detail of how they computed yours!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got an email that under our Piece of Mind that we would have the FCC credit and my TA checked with the cruise line and only our excursions where their. I called NCL and the lady said I had to go through my TA.  I also have not seen any of the other things supposedly that should be given back to my credit card.  What should I do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, yanks23 said:

I got an email that under our Piece of Mind that we would have the FCC credit and my TA checked with the cruise line and only our excursions where their. I called NCL and the lady said I had to go through my TA.  I also have not seen any of the other things supposedly that should be given back to my credit card.  What should I do.

Go through your TA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well we “disputed the charge“ on our ncl Credit card.  We had called ncl on 3/5 and cancelled.  We were assured that the credit would appear on our credit card within 7-10 working days.  Ncl has still not processed our credit.  I suggest that anyone waiting for their credit, dispute the charge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...