Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, oldracer said:

Bought 100 shares Friday. I wonder if I can use it for OBC on my cruises in Sept and March 2021? I've only paid the deposits so far. Anyone know?

Yes, you can. Even if you buy the shares a few weeks before those cruises, you are eligible for the OBC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 10:36 AM, chipmaster said:

 

Their dividend won't be paid, or at the very least dropped to very low, they got a lot bigger debtors standing in front before the stock holders!

 

Wrong!! The dividend was  paid, effective 13 Mar, toward the end of last week.

 

Tom

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

 

Wrong!! The dividend was  paid, effective 13 Mar, toward the end of last week.

 

Tom

 

That dividend was declared before the cruise lines had to suspend cruises.

 

Just do not expect another dividend this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 1:36 PM, chipmaster said:

 

Their dividend won't be paid, or at the very least dropped to very low, they got a lot bigger debtors standing in front before the stock holders!

 

7 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Wrong!! The dividend was  paid, effective 13 Mar, toward the end of last week.

 

I interpreted Mr. Chipmaster to be saying that 'in the future' it is likely that the dividend will be reduced / eliminated.

 

...which I think is a very reasonable statement.

 

I don't think cruise lines will get back to their previous levels until there is a corona-virus vaccine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CrowCaw said:

Got excited and bought CCL for 100 at $21 and another 50 at $19... 

Then bought 100 of both Norwegian and Royal Caribbean last week.

 

Hope this industry bounces back...

Also excited last week. Bought 100 shares of CUK at $11.92 and another 100 shares at $8.00, This morning bought 100 shares of NCLH at $8.80 to make me eligible for NCL shareholder credit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, oldracer said:

Bought 100 shares Friday. I wonder if I can use it for OBC on my cruises in Sept and March 2021? I've only paid the deposits so far. Anyone know?

Good for you!! A great buy right now (as long as the cruise industry survives).

We bought at $43. We've gotten our $$ back in dividends and OBC. Wish I had a crystal ball and could have foreseen this drop. I'd have sold while it was still in the 50s and bought back NOW.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Good for you!! A great buy right now (as long as the cruise industry survives).

We bought at $43. We've gotten our $$ back in dividends and OBC. Wish I had a crystal ball and could have foreseen this drop. I'd have sold while it was still in the 50s and bought back NOW.

I think we are all in that situation of unforeseen stock prices.  We bought our shares in early 2009 for $19 never expecting it to get that low again (sigh).  We have however over the decade done well with OBC and dividends.  The stock will eventually rise again as it has always done.   Have faith.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

 

 

I interpreted Mr. Chipmaster to be saying that 'in the future' it is likely that the dividend will be reduced / eliminated.

 

...which I think is a very reasonable statement.

 

I don't think cruise lines will get back to their previous levels until there is a corona-virus vaccine.

 

Thanks, I totally agree, they got a serious cash flow problem!

Edited by chipmaster
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

 

Wrong!! The dividend was  paid, effective 13 Mar, toward the end of last week.

 

Tom

 

Tom, enjoy that dividend, LOL.  All the lines are going to have a serious cash flow pinch and throwing dividends out will be problematic with all their other real costs they can't fund.  Last I checked all of them are desperately looking to extend their credit and their debt levels will climb a lot, dividend will be the last usage of cash in this situation

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipmaster said:

 

Tom, enjoy that dividend, LOL.  All the lines are going to have a serious cash flow pinch and throwing dividends out will be problematic with all their other real costs they can't fund.  Last I checked all of them are desperately looking to extend their credit and their debt levels will climb a lot, dividend will be the last usage of cash in this situation

 

Oh, I'll enjoy it, just like I'll enjoy cruising in the future. Do I believe that all, or even most, of the cruise lines will go completely out of business as some might feel?  No.  Could it happen? Of course. I'm neither an expert in any medical field nor in any business field but I'm enough of an optimist that I believe that things will return to what we used to think of as normal sooner than later.  Sure do hope so, as I'd like to go on another cruise before too long. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the CCL Corp Form 8-K Report to the SEC dated March 19:

 

Outlook
For the first half of 2021, booking volumes since the Corporation's last conference call in mid-December through March 1, 2020, have been running slightly higher than the prior year. Also for the first half of 2021 and during the two weeks ended March 15, 2020, the Corporation booked 546,000 Occupied Lower Berth Days (“OLBD”), albeit considerably behind the prior year pace. As of March 15, 2020, cumulative advanced bookings for the first half of 2021, are slightly lower than the prior year.
 
Wave season started strong with booking volumes for the three weeks ending January 26, 2020, running higher than the prior year for the remaining three quarters of the year on a comparable basis. For the seven week period beginning January 26, 2020 and ending March 15, 2020, booking volumes for the remainder of the year were meaningfully behind the prior year on a comparable basis as a result of the effects of COVID-19. As of March 15, 2020, cumulative advanced bookings for the remainder of 2020, are meaningfully lower than the prior year at prices that are considerably lower than the prior year on a comparable basis, reflecting the impact of COVID-19.
The Corporation previously announced a voluntary, temporary pause of its global fleet operations across all brands. The Corporation believes the ongoing effects of COVID-19 on its operations and global bookings will have a material negative impact on its financial results and liquidity. The Corporation also believes the effects of COVID-19 on the shipyards where its ships are under construction, will result in a delay in ship deliveries. The Corporation is taking additional actions to improve its liquidity, including capital expenditure and expense reductions, and pursuing additional financing. Given the uncertainty of the situation, the Corporation is currently unable to provide an earnings forecast, however it expects a net loss on both a U.S. GAAP and adjusted basis for the fiscal year ending November 30, 2020.
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Just put in an order for NCLH at 7.00. It might not go that low but we will see.

 

 


Good luck but I think they cruise line stock prices may have reached bottom for the time being. If an agreement is reached in the USA congress that would provide load guarantees etc for them I would think they will climb from the lows over the last few days. I could be completely wrong of course.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Looks like CCL will be in the single digits today.

With all the bad news lately I'm not sure I want to purchase more or not. It might be years before a turnaround. 

Thats what I'm waiting for. Just rode the last wave up and then got out. Now waiting for what looks like the bottom before I go back in on CCL and RCL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Looks like CCL will be in the single digits today.

With all the bad news lately I'm not sure I want to purchase more or not. It might be years before a turnaround. 

 

So if you buy at $10 and in 5 years it is at $50 that is a nice return.  I have bought more at the 10-15 level and plan to sit tight for 3 to 5 years and see what happens.  If they go bankrupt they won't be alone as there will be hundreds of thousands of other companies doing the same.

Don't buy more than u can afford to lose and if you do buy be patient (unless u fancy yourself as some kind of fearless day trader)

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Looks like CCL will be in the single digits today.

With all the bad news lately I'm not sure I want to purchase more or not. It might be years before a turnaround. 

The good news is that they appear to have been successful in raising 7 billion.  The bad news is that for 4 billion  they paid junk bond rates 12.5% for senior secured notes using ships as collateral. For the other 3 billion they are doing convertible notes and new stock.  Diluting existing shareholders.

 

This should give CCL enough money to get through the end of the year.  But it was very very expensive money.

Edited by npcl
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...