Jump to content

Is anyone’s FCC showing in their account yet?


Recommended Posts

We were in the 4/9-5/10 category, chose the refund option, so should have gotten 100% refund plus 25% FCC.   About 90% of our refund, plus the amount we prepaid for tours, appeared on our credit card almost immediately.   With the cancellation completed a week ago, there's still no sign of the rest of the refund or the FCC on our account.   I keep thinking I'll wait to contact anyone until things die down a little bit, but with so many cancellations still to come, who knows when that will be?   

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

The offers refer to the different sail dates. Please see the following.

First. With every cancellation.. Anything you purchased and paid for, specialty dining, excursions tax etc will be refunded to your credit card. The offers are for the cruise purchase cost only.

There are 2 offers for those that were sailing between march 12 and march 25

Offer 1 You will receive a FCC of 225% of the cost of the cruise itself.

Offer 2 You will receive a refund in the amount of everything the cruise cost back to the charge card.

Plus A FCC in the amount of the cruise cost itself.

Every FCC MUST be used and you MUST sail prior to May 1, 2021 or you lose it.

Your April 4th cruise you will receive everything back on your charge card plus a FCC of 50% of the cost of the cruise itself. Let us say you paid $2,500.00 for the cruise itself. You will get 50% of it as FCC. or $1,250.00

 

Your Departure Date In 2020 Option 1: Transfer Money Paid + Bonus Future Cruise Credit (higher value) Option 2: Refund + Future Cruise Credit (lower value)
March 12 - March 25 225% future cruise credit 100% refund + 100% future cruise credit
March 26 - April 8th 175% future cruise credit 100% refund + 50% future cruise credit
April 9th – May 10th 150% future cruise credit 100% refund + 25% future cruise credit

I was under the impression that we had until May 2022?

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who are impacted by this business decision, Princess is offering guests the opportunity to transfer 100% of the money paid for their cancelled cruise to a future cruise of their choice. To add a bonus incentive for guests to accept this offer, the company will add an additional generous future cruise credit benefit which can be applied to the cruise fare. In addition, Princess will honor this offer for those guests who had made final payment and cancelled their booking on or after February 4, 2020. The future cruise credit can be used on any voyage departing through May 1, 2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kartgv said:

We were in the 4/9-5/10 category, chose the refund option, so should have gotten 100% refund plus 25% FCC.   About 90% of our refund, plus the amount we prepaid for tours, appeared on our credit card almost immediately.   With the cancellation completed a week ago, there's still no sign of the rest of the refund or the FCC on our account.   I keep thinking I'll wait to contact anyone until things die down a little bit, but with so many cancellations still to come, who knows when that will be?   

You are way ahead of almost everyone else. We cancelled first thing Thursday morning and have received nothing back. No prepaid tours, no crown grill refund, no PVP refund, nothing. Princess has thousands of our dollars that we could use right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Coral said:

Exactly. They had just cancelled all the Diamond and Sapphire cruises previous to this. They have a lot on their plate. I have no doubt they are working massive overtime.

From home, no doubt.   I suspect we are about to see a tidal wave of IT issues throughout the country.   In theory you can work on IT problems remotely but in practice is a different story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

You are way ahead of almost everyone else. We cancelled first thing Thursday morning and have received nothing back. No prepaid tours, no crown grill refund, no PVP refund, nothing. Princess has thousands of our dollars that we could use right now. 

I cancelled my tours before I cancelled my cruise and they did show up right away. Nothing else.

Edited by Coral
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

You are way ahead of almost everyone else. We cancelled first thing Thursday morning and have received nothing back. No prepaid tours, no crown grill refund, no PVP refund, nothing. Princess has thousands of our dollars that we could use right now. 

We’re in the exact same boat as you (excuse the pun) except we chose all FCC versus the refund. Still have yet to see anything. Guess it’s just a waiting game now...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NorthwestCruiser said:

From home, no doubt.   I suspect we are about to see a tidal wave of IT issues throughout the country.   In theory you can work on IT problems remotely but in practice is a different story.

I've been in IT since 1979 and have worked from home the past 5 years for one of the largest banks in the world.  The quality of work depends on the individual and, to some extent, their management.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I've been in IT since 1979 and have worked from home the past 5 years for one of the largest banks in the world.  The quality of work depends on the individual and, to some extent, their management.  

I am retired now, but worked in IT for 35 years, and in the latter decades sometimes worked from home.  I like to think my work was just as good from there as it was when I was in the office!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

If anyone is curious it looks like Princess may have sweetened the pot for Option 1 with an additional 25% FCC.  It now shows up with the selection form link.

My options are the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Coral said:

My options are the same.

The original form we used had:

Your Departure Date In 2020 Option 1: Transfer Money Paid + Bonus Future Cruise Credit (higher value) Option 2: Refund + Future Cruise Credit (lower value)
March 12 - March 25 225% future cruise credit 100% refund + 100% future cruise credit
March 26 - April 8th 175% future cruise credit 100% refund + 50% future cruise credit
April 9th – May 10th 150% future cruise credit 100% refund + 25% future cruise credit

This what shows up now.

 

image.png.d6664801072dd3e5d573418f73d0e4a9.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked our princess account this morning and found that we had received 100% FCC applied to our accounts.  However, we had opted for the option# 1 thus we were expecting to see 225% FCC.  Our cruise had been scheduled for 3/14 & 3/21.  Has anyone else seen this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

The original form we used had:

Your Departure Date In 2020 Option 1: Transfer Money Paid + Bonus Future Cruise Credit (higher value) Option 2: Refund + Future Cruise Credit (lower value)
March 12 - March 25 225% future cruise credit 100% refund + 100% future cruise credit
March 26 - April 8th 175% future cruise credit 100% refund + 50% future cruise credit
April 9th – May 10th 150% future cruise credit 100% refund + 25% future cruise credit

This what shows up now.

 

image.png.d6664801072dd3e5d573418f73d0e4a9.png

This is what mine always said. I don't think anything has changed. Option 1 gives you 25% of your cruise fare more than Option 2.

Edited by Coral
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

I checked our princess account this morning and found that we had received 100% FCC applied to our accounts.  However, we had opted for the option# 1 thus we were expecting to see 225% FCC.  Our cruise had been scheduled for 3/14 & 3/21.  Has anyone else seen this?

Nothing yet for us.  Did you see it in your Circle Savings Account or somewhere else?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

The original form we used had:

Your Departure Date In 2020 Option 1: Transfer Money Paid + Bonus Future Cruise Credit (higher value) Option 2: Refund + Future Cruise Credit (lower value)
March 12 - March 25 225% future cruise credit 100% refund + 100% future cruise credit
March 26 - April 8th 175% future cruise credit 100% refund + 50% future cruise credit
April 9th – May 10th 150% future cruise credit 100% refund + 25% future cruise credit

This what shows up now.

 

image.png.d6664801072dd3e5d573418f73d0e4a9.png

I'll fall on my sword here and say my initial thoughts on the checkpoint display are probably wrong and this is just a phased approach to crediting the FCC.   Based on kitty2264's post above and putting on my IT hat, I'll evolve in my opinion and say they have seen 100% as the first phase then will see another 100% as the second phase and their final 25% as the third phase.

In our case we'll see 100% for the first phase then 50% for the second and that's it.  Further based on kitty2264, it sunds like they saw FCC after reaching their embarkation date of 3/14.  If that's an initial trigger then we should see ours sometime after 4/12.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kitty2264 said:

I checked our princess account this morning and found that we had received 100% FCC applied to our accounts.  However, we had opted for the option# 1 thus we were expecting to see 225% FCC.  Our cruise had been scheduled for 3/14 & 3/21.  Has anyone else seen this?

 

Yes, our accounts for March 6th cancellation show 100% FCC applied to our accounts this morning.Option1 was my only choice and the 225% FCC is not showing up yet.

I received the taxes, fees & pre paid purchases refund to my credit card the day I cancelled.

This morning was the first time FCC showed when I logged in to Captain Circle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

Yes, it shows up in the "Circle Savings Account"

That is consistent with what I saw this morning as well.   We received a credit on the credit card a week or so ago amount to the taxes and the future credit was the balance of the cruise that was not reimbursed.    It was split 50% for me and 50% for my wife.   I called Princess as I was going to book another cruise.  They said the second part of the credit will be applied later.

 

I also thought that I would point out that you can not apply you future cruise credit amount as part of the deposit.   You need to pay that separately.   The agent checked and confirmed it to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

I checked our princess account this morning and found that we had received 100% FCC applied to our accounts.  However, we had opted for the option# 1 thus we were expecting to see 225% FCC.  Our cruise had been scheduled for 3/14 & 3/21.  Has anyone else seen this?

Mine is the same-looks like the 100 percent ,applied but nothing about the 125 percent FCC

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CFD130 said:

Mine is the same-looks like the 100 percent ,applied but nothing about the 125 percent FCC

I just checked my wife's princess account and it looks like they put half in my account and half in hers

not sure but that look like what it is

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...