Cruise Critic Community
tahqa

Woman with COVID was On Disney Wonder

This woman was out in the community for more than a week after disembarking the ship, claiming that she felt well. (per the linked article)  There is no way to determine where or when she was exposed. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2020 at 7:57 PM, rtazz17 said:

So what? Why add to panic and anxiety. 

So what? Let's see, she got off the ship on the 2nd and had until the 8th had felt well. Covid-19 has an incubation period of between 5 and 11 days... So she absolutely could have caught it somewhere on the cruise or in New Orleans. And considering that she was Hancock counties first positive case it's pretty likely it didn't come from the community.

And considering that my family boarded the Wonder on the 2nd there certainly was a level of concern. There was no news on the Wonder until they debarked in CA and reported all clean so until that time and until our own 14 day check came clean it was valid to be concerned. It's not adding to panic and anxiety, but if it makes you feel better to label it as such then so  be it.

Edited by tahqa

Of course somebody on the ship had it.  And somebody probably had it on the plane home.  And somebody at your grocery store had it.  Why does this surprise anyone?

Given that many people with COVID can be asymptomatic it is pretty difficult to know who among us (or on a cruise) has the virus. More importantly is whether I want to deal with the virus on a personal level should I catch it. I much prefer to forego travelling and be close to home and our medical system should I become sick.