for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Well, another week in the books. Hints from my company that it will be at least another 4-6 weeks before they start implementing even a "Phase 1" return to work and probably those that CAN work from home will be asked to do so until the end of the summer....!!

I finally got a few masks and was able to make my medical appointment this week (much needed root canal -- ugh).  Counting that, I have only been in my car about 1x per week since this whole thing started. However I'll have to add to that this weekend as I bravely venture out in search of paper towels -- down to half a roll!

On the bright side, I tried to add up today how much I am saving by staying home, not commuting to work, not eating out -- figure it has to be at least $300/month.

As for fashion, let's just say my yoga pants are getting a workout, even if I'm not. LOL. And even when I spend a fair amount of time on it, my hair looks terrible.  That's probably #1 on my list when I feel things are safe -- a haircut!

Supposedly, hotels are allowed to open next week here, with reduced occupancy.  With my intimate knowledge of many of the hotels here, their management and HK staff, I would highly recommend no one come and stay!!!   The amount of time needed to clean AND disinfect now should double, but there won't be additional HK staff (they keep it as low as possible for money purposes).  HK staff couldn't do a really good clean before (if you don't inspect rooms, you have no idea what is missed on the first go-around on cleaning), so I don't see how they are going to get it done.  Now, that's just me.   I haven't heard anything from my condo management company yet - I'm thinking they may wait until July 1 when we normally start getting summer vacation traffic.  

I go out maybe once every 2 weeks to grab food at the market.  I think my food budget has gone up because I cook instead of grabbing something from the freezer that I bought at Trader Joe's or hit a restaurant on the way home from work.   

I just bought another pair of leggings from Sweaty Betty.  Same size I bought back in February.  Well, I think I have to drop about 5lbs to make them feel OK around the waist.  Damn Covid-19...  

My bright spot:  my county has decided to allow barber shops/salons to open with certain restrictions.  My stylist's salon just got their place inspected by the county for having the proper things in place to open.  So, I may be having my appointment on Thursday, after all!!!  It just depends on how many appointments she can do (we all book her months out) and be in compliance.  

Bravo notes:  MJ's husband Tommy is your stereotypical Back East thug.  I can't place the accent - either New Jersey or North Boston.  MJ and Raza will never be friends again as long as she's married to him.   If I were Raza and his husband, I'd make the restraining order against Tommy permanent!!!

7 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Bravo notes:  MJ's husband Tommy is your stereotypical Back East thug.  I can't place the accent - either New Jersey or North Boston.  MJ and Raza will never be friends again as long as she's married to him.   If I were Raza and his husband, I'd make the restraining order against Tommy permanent!!!

I like watching Below Deck.  Right now they are in Greece and its like a soap opera in a really beautiful place!😎

8 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Interesting what we are all doing these days as we go without hair cuts, make up and dressing up. I haven’t heard of Gallery Girls but Bravo does have some crazy reality shows. I don’t watch most of them but my sister did get me started on a few of the Housewives (hardly) shows. I grew up in the OC but my life and that of everyone I knew was nothing like those OC women. Yes, I like Leah, she seems a little more grounded but we shall see how that goes. Did not not know about the SLC housewives-hmmm.

Wow! I think I need to get a life-or at least get back to the one I had!

I hadn't heard of Gallery Girls, either. 

I got into RH shows because 1) I grew up from 12 til I went to college in Newport Beach and 2) I went to high school with one of the original husbands.  My NBB4OC ("Newport Beach Before it became The OC") life was definitely NOT like the show.  I did know some kids whose families were a little like that - boats, horses, nice vacations.  I got into MTV's "Laguna Hills" way back when because the father of one of the girls was someone I was in church choir with.    We're getting a chuckle with the SLC version.  Apparently there is one woman from Park City.  But, we're making jokes about what is going to happen - lunches at the Soda Shop, stopping at Swigs for a Dirty Soda, attending one of the wives' MLM presentation...   

If this is what I have to look forward to when I retire, I'm going to keep working!!!!!

15 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I like watching Below Deck.  Right now they are in Greece and its like a soap opera in a really beautiful place!😎

I know,  I do the Below Decks too.  Gawd, I'm awful!!!   It's nice to see Adam "mature" up a bit as an onboard chef.  Capt. Mike seems pretty mellow (and easy on the eyes).    Where do they get these guests?????  Talk about entitled twits!!!!!!   The BD Med should be interesting - all female management!!!   

One of my FB groups I am in has Kate's Father, Tim, in it.  He was always good at keeping quiet on what was happening.  She really WAS staying at the parents' house during quarantine.   Her apartment in NYC is in a very, very nice building, with some "A" list celebs as her neighbor.  

Anyone know of a RSA (Reality Show Anonymous) group????  I think I may need to start going - "Hi, I'm Slidergirl and I'm a long time Reality Show Addict."  😼

Edited by slidergirl
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I hadn't heard of Gallery Girls, either. 

I got into RH shows because 1) I grew up from 12 til I went to college in Newport Beach and 2) I went to high school with one of the original husbands.  My NBB4OC ("Newport Beach Before it became The OC") life was definitely NOT like the show.  I did know some kids whose families were a little like that - boats, horses, nice vacations.  I got into MTV's "Laguna Hills" way back when because the father of one of the girls was someone I was in church choir with.    We're getting a chuckle with the SLC version.  Apparently there is one woman from Park City.  But, we're making jokes about what is going to happen - lunches at the Soda Shop, stopping at Swigs for a Dirty Soda, attending one of the wives' MLM presentation...   

If this is what I have to look forward to when I retire, I'm going to keep working!!!!!

I lived in north Orange County but did spend lots of days at Newport watching the guys surf. I don’t recall seeing many, if any, girls surfing in those days. We sat on the beach watching the guys and slathering on the baby oil🙄 The grandmother of one of my friends had a house right on the beach in Newport and she loved  having all of us come for the day. That was as close as I got to knowing anyone from Newport.

Will be interesting to see where the SLC housewives go for their over the top lunches, dinners and yelling matches. You will have to let us know how that works out for Park City. 

@cruisemom42 @ninjacat123

Yea for the masks!  & I'm sorry about the dental problem...  I had to get an implant years ago & can remember how much pain I was in until they removed that tooth (it had gotten cracked & infected)  so hopefully your appointment is soon...  life is stressful enough right now without having something like that go on.  

Work wise,  I have a feeling that I may be back at work around the beginning of June....  luckily it will be pretty easy for me to be isolated at work,  there used to be a few things that I would have signed in person, I've switched to 100% esign,  so that should be good.

fashion & beauty wise.... oh my....  I can now tell you what I look like going 8 weeks without a lash fill, & it's not pretty. ;)  My hair....   just washing it & letting it dry au natural...  in other words wild waves  & longer that it's been in a few years.... with a nice silver stripe..  oh well....  no one see me anyway, except DH & his hair has taken on a life of it's own,  it's really quite spectacular :classic_laugh:  clothing wise,  I ordered a tank dress from Target & that's my new daily uniform,  & at the end of the day I don my running shorts, tee, hat, mask & hit the streets...

Here's a pic from the other night :IMG_8770.thumb.jpg.f7b76e115b572a51f07de9c99b4bad54.jpg

Stay safe & embrace the greys :)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

@cruisemom42 @ninjacat123

Yea for the masks!  & I'm sorry about the dental problem...  I had to get an implant years ago & can remember how much pain I was in until they removed that tooth (it had gotten cracked & infected)  so hopefully your appointment is soon...  life is stressful enough right now without having something like that go on.  

Work wise,  I have a feeling that I may be back at work around the beginning of June....  luckily it will be pretty easy for me to be isolated at work,  there used to be a few things that I would have signed in person, I've switched to 100% esign,  so that should be good.

fashion & beauty wise.... oh my....  I can now tell you what I look like going 8 weeks without a lash fill, & it's not pretty. 😉  My hair....   just washing it & letting it dry au natural...  in other words wild waves  & longer that it's been in a few years.... with a nice silver stripe..  oh well....  no one see me anyway, except DH & his hair has taken on a life of it's own,  it's really quite spectacular :classic_laugh:  clothing wise,  I ordered a tank dress from Target & that's my new daily uniform,  & at the end of the day I don my running shorts, tee, hat, mask & hit the streets...

Here's a pic from the other night :IMG_8770.thumb.jpg.f7b76e115b572a51f07de9c99b4bad54.jpg

Stay safe & embrace the greys 🙂

Join the Skunk Stripe Club!!!  

Trying to figure out where you are at.  Definitely West Side.   Reminds me a little of around Palms Blvd and OceanView.  

Hi girls, my BIG news...……..I was in the hospital all week:classic_wacko:....I had a Dr appt back on Monday...……..he sent

me to the ER...….after 5 days...……...my kidney's had renal failure:classic_sad:......everything is MUCH better now. They

released me today. New life is starting...………..diabetic too.....lots of changes are coming for me...…….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, my BIG news...……..I was in the hospital all week:classic_wacko:....I had a Dr appt back on Monday...……..he sent

me to the ER...….after 5 days...……...my kidney's had renal failure:classic_sad:......everything is MUCH better now. They

released me today. New life is starting...………..diabetic too.....lots of changes are coming for me...…….

Oh my gosh :classic_ohmy: Lois, I'm so glad you're more or less ok!  What a time for this to happen...   I just don't know what to say, except I was imagining the worst.   Thank you so much for letting us know....  sending virtual social distance hugs (with a mask & gloves on of course)  :)

Thanks so much...…...I have so much stuff to read.....omg.  They gave me TONS of papework…...Diabetes, etc...…..

30 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Thanks so much...…...I have so much stuff to read.....omg.  They gave me TONS of papework…...Diabetes, etc...…..

Thanks for the update!  Keeping the thoughts and prayers for you!

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

Lois, I'm so sorry to hear about this but so glad that you were able to get care and find out what was/is wrong.  

Seems like you've been through a lot of changes in the last couple of years. Hang in there....:classic_cool:

Hi Cynthia, thanks.........yes, seems as though I turn around and something else happens..........I am supposed to

have a someone from "Health Care services" contact me this week.  I can use all the help I can get so.........I had to

get that new pen thingy for insulin.......I know I should have given myself a shot today but didn't do it.....wanted someone

here for the first one.........I keep thinking there has got to be something other than a shot I could be eligible for...........

but I will do what I have to do..........

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

Wow, like CruiseMom42 said, you have had so many huge changes in your life recently... are they having you go on a low carb eating lifestyle?  I honestly don't know much about diabetes....

22 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Join the Skunk Stripe Club!!!  

Trying to figure out where you are at.  Definitely West Side.   Reminds me a little of around Palms Blvd and OceanView.  

Lol, so not the West Side...  we're about a 5 minute walk from Whittier College....  the last big set of hills you fly over when you're flying into LAX from anywhere East of California :)

9 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Wow, like CruiseMom42 said, you have had so many huge changes in your life recently... are they having you go on a low carb eating lifestyle?  I honestly don't know much about diabetes....

I am learning too........learning all about it.  Some carbs are ok to eat...... I need to speak directly with the new heath

care person..........but I have a  ton of stuff to read.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I am learning too........learning all about it.  Some carbs are ok to eat...... I need to speak directly with the new heath

care person..........but I have a  ton of stuff to read.

sounds like you're starting almost a new life...  luckily you are young enough to get this under control & still have lots of time & travel to look forward to once this pandemic is under control or there's a vaccine ( hoping & praying for that to happen)  

I guess it is sort of that way.....renal failure AND diabetes?:classic_wacko:.....have to figure out all the ins--outs...…I know

they would not have released me unless my numbers had gotten ALOT better..... have to keep them that way now.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Lol, so not the West Side...  we're about a 5 minute walk from Whittier College....  the last big set of hills you fly over when you're flying into LAX from anywhere East of California 🙂

wow, I would never have guessed you were inland that far!  

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 2:48 PM, Lois R said:

Gosh, I am so sorry for all that you went through.   Know what it's to like to go to the DR, only to be sent straight to the ER.  How my journey started.   Were you diagnosed Type 1 or Type 2?  Are you doing insulin injection or one of the non-insulin injectables?  At least now the injection isn't like it was way back (I dated a kid with type 1 and he had to do the big needle thing).   It is definitely an adjustment when you get that diagnosis.  You'll get used to the finger sticks.  Someone here on CC mentioned keeping old prescription bottles around to use to put the used lancets/strips in when you travel for safer disposal.  Food, lifestyle, ugh.  But, we have to do it.   If your insurance allows you to have some sessions with a dietitian, take advantage!  I didn't think I'd get that much out of it, but I really did.   I ended up getting put on an additional med for my Type 2 just this week - my A1C has come down, but not as much as my provider wants.  Sucks to be us.   On the good side (we have to find something, right??), when you start your diabetic regimen, be prepared for some weight loss.   

Keep us up to date!!!  Any support I can give you, I am willing and able to do for you.

25 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Gosh, I am so sorry for all that you went through.   Know what it's to like to go to the DR, only to be sent straight to the ER.  How my journey started.   Were you diagnosed Type 1 or Type 2?  Are you doing insulin injection or one of the non-insulin injectables?  At least now the injection isn't like it was way back (I dated a kid with type 1 and he had to do the big needle thing).   It is definitely an adjustment when you get that diagnosis.  You'll get used to the finger sticks.  Someone here on CC mentioned keeping old prescription bottles around to use to put the used lancets/strips in when you travel for safer disposal.  Food, lifestyle, ugh.  But, we have to do it.   If your insurance allows you to have some sessions with a dietitian, take advantage!  I didn't think I'd get that much out of it, but I really did.   I ended up getting put on an additional med for my Type 2 just this week - my A1C has come down, but not as much as my provider wants.  Sucks to be us.   On the good side (we have to find something, right??), when you start your diabetic regimen, be prepared for some weight loss.   

Keep us up to date!!!  Any support I can give you, I am willing and able to do for you.

Hi, thank you so much.   I was supposed to give myself a shot today but didn't do it:classic_sad:.....they showed me in the hospital but now at home, was afraid.

.……….oh type 2.  It is like a pen and looks easy but I don't want to do the wrong amount.

I am calling the Heath Care people tomorrow...….someone is supposed to come see me in person. I

hope one night won't kill me...….(literally).   I ate a good dinner, grilled chicken salad.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, thank you so much.   I was supposed to give myself a shot today but didn't do it:classic_sad:.....they showed me in the hospital but now at home, was afraid.

.……….oh type 2.  It is like a pen and looks easy but I don't want to do the wrong amount.

I am calling the Heath Care people tomorrow...….someone is supposed to come see me in person. I

hope one night won't kill me...….(literally).   I ate a good dinner, grilled chicken salad.

Lois, call the nurse care line tonight, have them walk you thru the injection, do not skip it Lois, good dinner...as long as you watched the amount of dressing...I’ve switched to squeezing a lemon or lime instead of dressing. Our oldest was retired from the military when she came back from the desert as a type 1 autoimmune diabetic. She now wears an insulin pump; she’s also a marathon runner.