for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

OMG....I just saw the stupidest thing on the news.......you can't make this stuff up. There was a 

plastic surgeon in Sacramento, CAL who was in the operating room.....he told a judge 

via zoom he could go through a trial WHILE doing the operation👎......he was on a virtual call

for a traffic ticket!  The Judge said, NO..he was not going to do this while the Dr was doing

surgery..........at least the Judge did the right thing.

Veal & bacon for the Bolognese!!  Never had it that way.  But, then, I've never been to that part of Italy.

When they were having a little meal at Massimo Butturo's place at the end, I noticed a tall little box with the vinegar on the table.  I recognized it right away - one of his balsamics!!  I actually have one of them - $44 worth of yumminess.  If nothing else, Salt Lake City has 2 excellent places to get really exceptional vinegars, oils, meats and cheeses.  I did a tasting at one of them and fell in love with the black cherry balsamic.  In honor of the show last night, I made microwaved broccoli with balsamic glaze all over it, served with a glass of the Sauvignon Blanc I opened the other day.  A meal in 3 minutes - loved it!

Alidor - be sure to save some of the pasta water when you go to make the cacio e pepe - it helps to keep it from getting gummy or dry.

Lois - for "straight up" I meant did you substitute the almond flour cup-for-cup for regular flour?  I didn't see that you had a recipe.  It's easy to make but easy to mess up, if you know what I mean.

Next week, it's Milan and risotto!!!!  I love making risotto when my friend with Celiac visits.  I turned her on to risotto when we did our trip to Spain, Italy, and France.  So many things you can do with it.  

Got "mansplained" by a guest when his wifi stopped working.  I couldn't bear to tell him that I worked for decades as an Internet software engineer and tester and I know what I'm doing.   He didn't know what he was talking about, anyway, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that.   Highlight of my day, so far (2 hours in).  My one check in got here just as I did, and my two departures left 30 minutes later.  So, I get to twiddle my thumbs for 6 more hours.  Maybe inspect the condo that is coming in tomorrow if Housekeeping gets it cleaned.  It's a beautiful day up here today - I sooo want to just go and sit out in the sun, even if it's only 27 degrees.  

Hi Kat, did you see I posted the link for that recipe? 

And next week's Episode does look DELICIOUS😃

Same friend that lost her husband on Saturday, her youngest sister passed away today. She’s asked me to wait on coming until the entire family leaves...she wants me where we can just be. I’m good with that. I told her I’d bring the Crown Royal. Melody

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

Same friend that lost her husband on Saturday, her youngest sister passed away today. She’s asked me to wait on coming until the entire family leaves...she wants me where we can just be. I’m good with that. I told her I’d bring the Crown Royal. Melody

Wow, very sorry to hear this news -- that is a lot to bear. She is lucky to have a good friend to help her get through this.

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, did you see I posted the link for that recipe? 

And next week's Episode does look DELICIOUS😃

Yes, I saw it.  I'll have to try it in a few weeks when I'm in "semi-retired" mode (we end the season April 11).

Melody - I'm feeling so sad for your friend.  She has a lot to bear right now.  You're a good person to drop things and go support and help her out.  

Hey - I saw that Colorado just lowered the vaccine age to something like 60.  They're going pretty fast.  

10 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Melody - I'm feeling so sad for your friend.  She has a lot to bear right now.  You're a good person to drop things and go support and help her out.  

Hey - I saw that Colorado just lowered the vaccine age to something like 60.  They're going pretty fast.  

55 for vaccine here

Well, I have some news (good)🙂......our Governor updated the "Eligibility List" for who can

get a vaccine.  Now those under 65 with underlying conditions/vulnerabilities can

get a shot starting tomorrow.  I called my Oncologist and they are giving me a Dr's Note. 

(Thankfully the meds I take keep me in remission).  I am picking up the note this afternoon and

tomorrow can start looking to see which Publix in my area is offering the shots.  They become

available Monday/Wednesday mornings on line.....so tomorrow morning I will be looking!

Lois, that's fantastic!  ( of course, I wish you didn't have the underlying conditions )     I second Melody, if your system for getting an appointment is online, start looking now...   good luck!  One thing I discovered with our system, is that it pays to be persistent, sometimes for hours there would be nothing, then suddenly one would pop up   :)  As they say, may the odds ever be in your favor :)

& I have some nice news too, I am actually packing for this weekend, It's my DH's birthday (56)  so we are going to Vegas this weekend,  DD & SIL who are fully vaccinated are going with us, very excited, forgot I actually own some cute clothes that aren't joggers & tee shirts lol ;)

Hi, I have been looking today....Publix uploads their system to show what is available a couple

of days a week....and Wednesday (tomorrow morning) at 7am is the next time to check. 

We have a state sponsored site as well but that will not update until tomorrow as well. To be

honest, I would much rather get it at one of the Publix.  But I will check to see what I can find.

Good morning, now I understand the frustration of those folks trying to get a shot.......I was on

line all morning (got up early) and no luck in getting an appt👎

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

After all that, I got an appt at Walmart for tomorrow at 11am😃!!!!!!!!!

Being persistent helps

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

After all that, I got an appt at Walmart for tomorrow at 11am😃!!!!!!!!!

woo hoo!  I have to warn you, the biggest side effect of the vaccine is:  Not being able to stop smiling!  Congrats!

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

woo hoo!  I have to warn you, the biggest side effect of the vaccine is:  Not being able to stop smiling!  Congrats!

I'll agree.  Got my Moderna shot 2 hours ago.  Everyone at the drive-thru setup was smiling and saying "congratulations".   It was a really efficient operation - stayed in the car the entire time.  It took about 30 minutes from the time I pulled into the film studio lot until I was released after the "observation" time.   I go back on the 31st to get the second dose.    I'll just exercise my arm today to keep the soreness at bay.  

It's going to be Spring Break Month now up here.  It used to be one or two weeks, but it's blossomed out to be basically the whole month.  Different schools around the country do different times, so it never lets up. I hope we do not get any "Neanderthals" up here who think they can crowd the ski slopes, restaurant, bars and get away with no masks.   

OOTD:  I felt like a rebel.  So, it was my camo leggings with my "Snipurr" Tshirt.  Have to wear short sleeves, so a Tshirt was the way to go.  

congrats on your shot Kat!   It's super cool for lots of people around the world to have a shared "good" experience, instead of the crap ones that most have gone through in the last year :)

I went out to dinner and had one of the best meals in ages....so good.  Any of you know the

chain Seasons 52? Yes, they change some of the menu each season.   They have some standard items as well and the food is oh so good.😃

They had a fabulous lamb dish....with mashed

cauliflower and fresh asparagus. OMG...I wish I could make the mashed cauliflower as good

as they do LOL...it was really fabulous.👍....no bitterness, perfect texture, wonderful flavor.

The lamb was sliced like a steak....if you know what a London Broil looks like........but this was

lamb.........just so, so good!!!!  And a nice glass of Pinot Noir.......all so yummy!

Lois, your dinner sounds fabulous!  we did our first outdoor dining yesterday, we went to the brewery, & I had street tacos & Steve had a wood oven margarita pizza :)  so fun!