for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

Good morning to all!  Getting ready to go to dentist which I absolutely hate as it seems like I have reached an age where they always find a new problem.😂. OOTD is khaki capris with a long sleeved Gap tshirt as the office is always cold!  I actually have brushed my hair out and put on a little makeup and earrings!! 

Lois, the itinerary for the tour sounds great, I, too, have always loved SF and would love to visit there again.  For me personally, I’ve never been a fan of group tours or buses but if it meant traveling someplace interesting, I would probably put up with both!😂.  

I think I have caught up on Stanley Tucci, have really enjoyed watching them.  It’s fun to recognize places we’ve been to but I know what you mean, Kay, I have to eat before watching it.  Watching it also makes me really want to travel somewhere, anywhere!

Yesterday was our granddaughter’s 7th birthday so I spent the day doing a lot of face timing with her.  Her parents were taking the kids out to what Camie called a very fancy restaurant, being the fashionista in the family (the only one!) she was very concerned about what to wear.  She kept calling with a new outfit to model, finally settled on a pink dress with a tulle skirt and sequins.😂.  Once the dress was chosen, we then had to go through accessories and shoes.  It was so much fun, especially for this mother of 3 sons!

Wish me luck at the dentist!

Sherri🙂

I know what you mean about dentist Sherry. I dread going. I have a post op appt from the bone grafts & implant removal on the 22nd...hoping it’s healing well & they can think about reimplanting (without titanium) soon

Good morning, I have a couple of friends who are not recommending I go to CA right now.

(The trip isn't right now but I they are giving me some food for thought).

As for the dentist, I have never minded going.....call me crazy LOL

Anyone else watch the Oprah interview besides me?  Since I missed Stanley Tucci last night

I watched it On Demand this morning🙂 I have never visited Milan..........I need to go!😀

I loved watching the bartender at that funky bar........need to see what that Charcoal liquor was,,,,

I know it was part of a Martini! 

Posted (edited)

Again, the boss is gone and I'm all by myself for the next 2.5 hours.  It's sooooooooo slow today.  I brought in my speaker again and I'm listening to whatever I feel like - now it's Michael McDonald.

I love my dental hygienist and dentist.  I think I'm weird.

My brain, for some reason, couldn't process Stanley last night.  I saw excellent risotto milanese and some really tasty looking polenta, but I can't remember much of anything else.  I'll have to watch the rerun...

Utah is joining the ranks of the maskless masses on April 10.  Because "by that time most of most vulnerable will have been vaccinated by then."  Sure.  And, I have a flying pig.  It was passed at the last hour of the last day of our Legislative session.  Our end of season on this side of the hill is April 11, but on the other side, it can go on for another month after that or more (snow depending).  I will keep wearing my mask and I'll avoid the maskless places.  

OOTD:  my Woolx leggings without the pockets, my blue Cotopaxi sleeveless Tshirt, grey Athleta wrap.  It was 46 degrees, but windy and then it got overcast, so no sunning outside today.  

P.S.  A nice man, not even from one of my units we manage, gave me a bottle of vodka, a bottle of bourbon, a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and $20 just because I told him he could leave his bags here and ski the rest of the day (his group was checking out).  I now have enough vodka (it wasn't Tito's, but a good local one) and Sauvignon Blanc to treat the entire town!!!  

Edited by slidergirl

Hi Girls, 

Lois, may I ask why your friends are advising against a trip to CA? If it’s because of the virus, our numbers are coming down and we are maintaining the precautions such as masks and distancing. There are some areas along Highway  1 that are closed because of washouts but could be open by the time you would be traveling. BTW I don’t think you said when that would be. Anyway, there are many beautiful sights between LA and SF. 

BTW, alidor knows what she’s talking about so her recommendation is a valid one.

I agree with Anita about bus travel and I believe that Tauck goes above and beyond for comfort.  We have friends that have taken several a Tauck tours and rave about everything.

Sherry, I’m with you when it comes to dental visits. Seems like there is always something that needs attention. Fingers crossed that all goes well and for you also Melody.

OMG, Kat I’m so sorry to hear that UT is also doing away with masks etc. DS said that he’s noticing that SLC airport is sometimes a bit lax when it comes to enforcing things. Apparently, food and drink are to be consumed where purchased not while you are walking around but he’s noticing that some pax figure that as long as they have a drink or food item in hand they can walk around unmasked. Fortunately, Delta is enforcing the mask rule on board. 

Wow, sounds like you are acquiring a good supply of adult beverages. I’m not sure about this since I’ve never made Limoncello but is one of the ingredients vodka by any chance? I think Debbie has made it so she would know.

OOTD branching out a bit and trying to wear some things that I haven’t seen in a year or so!

Sharon

Hi Sharon, yes, what you said about cases and what is opened and not opened.  I would be

looking at May or June so I wonder if things will be much better by that time.  Example, Hearst

Castle is on the tour but  I understand that is closed.  I probably need to call Tauck and see

what they have to say.

I am supposed to be finally getting my new bed on Thursday. Will let ya'll know how everything

goes.

On 3/7/2021 at 8:32 PM, slidergirl said:

Oh Athleta lovers:  I picked up one of the Uptempo Hoodie Sweatshirt to add to my working wear collection.  Oh My!  It's so freakin' soft!!!!  It's not sweatshirt material, but like the stuff the Pranayma Wraps are - a stretchy, but thin, knit.  I wore it for the first time today - I was so comfy.  I went outside for 30 minutes around lunch - sunny and 43 degrees - and I was perfectly nice.  I may get another one.  I got the "Bali Green/Oganic Teal" color - it has a greyish-green to it that's really nice.  Not sure what other color I'd get - probably the off-white one.  I like the purple one, but it's out of stock in L and XL.  

I have the Pranayma wrap and love it. And I think I already have and Uptempo long sleeve top. Maybe I should go look at the hoodie too?  

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Wow, sounds like you are acquiring a good supply of adult beverages. I’m not sure about this since I’ve never made Limoncello but is one of the ingredients vodka by any chance? I think Debbie has made it so she would know.

I have my second batch of limoncello resting in the pantry right now. I can indeed vouch that it has vodka in it. The recipe I use calls for 100 proof.

32 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I have my second batch of limoncello resting in the pantry right now. I can indeed vouch that it has vodka in it. The recipe I use calls for 100 proof.

I thought there was someone else who had made Limoncello but a senior moment crept in and I forgot it was you! Thanks for confirming that vodka is an ingredient.

2 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I have the Pranayma wrap and love it. And I think I already have and Uptempo long sleeve top. Maybe I should go look at the hoodie too?  

I've got 3 of the wraps - they are perfect for where I work.  They aren't too hot and are nice and soft.  

On 3/8/2021 at 9:35 AM, awhfy said:

I know what you mean about dentist Sherry. I dread going. I have a post op appt from the bone grafts & implant removal on the 22nd...hoping it’s healing well & they can think about reimplanting (without titanium) soon

Good report from the dentist yesterday!   Melody, your dental experience scares the beejabbers out of me, from the dental issues I have had, I can see something similar in my future.  I hope you are healing well, too.

Sherri🙂

It's a gray day here at work. It's a combination of a little spit of snow then a little spit of rain and maybe a bit of sun breaking through a cloud.  Ugh.  It's hard to stay awake on these kind of days.  No check-ins except for one owner who just says "hi" as he goes up the elevator.

I don't even care that the boss is still here.  Listening to John Legend right now.   It's my "Friday" so I just have to hold on for 6.45 more hours.

Sharon - I'm not surprised at SLC being lax at their mask enforcement.  There are a lot of anti-maskers living down in the Valley and would not be surprised if they worked at SLC.  The only places I go to down in The Valley are my ophthalmologist and Trader Joes.  Any place else is only on an emergency basis.  I'll just keep it that way and maybe add in REI if I need any camping stuff that I can't order online (gas for the stove, have to physically see the tent I want to buy).  

You all need to fly out here to visit my dentist and his team!!!  

I think I may make a batch of "Tito's Lemoncello" this Spring!  I just wish I could get some Amalfi lemons imported to use...  

OOTD:  Rerun "Friday" - that new Athleta hoodie and the Woolx leggings with the pockets (the hoodie doesn't have pockets and I need a place to put my keys and condo iPhone.  

Well we’re looking at a pretty major storm this weekend. Anywhere from 15-50”. Guess I’ll get the stuff to make cookies!!!  Hopefully it’s the last blast of winter!!!  Melody 

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Well we’re looking at a pretty major storm this weekend. Anywhere from 15-50”. Guess I’ll get the stuff to make cookies!!!  Hopefully it’s the last blast of winter!!!  Melody 

Where do you get your forecast from?  I look at weather.com for me and see maybe 3 inches total and the same on noaa.gov for me.  I see up to 8 for you...

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Where do you get your forecast from?  I look at weather.com for me and see maybe 3 inches total and the same on noaa.gov for me.  I see up to 8 for you...

Denver & Front Range Weather. Remarkably accurate usually

835FFC49-84DC-4C88-8BA5-913D1358DD6D.png

Hi Ladies!  Looks like I have some catching up to do, haven't read all the posts yet,   back from our very interesting Vegas trip!   Had fun, but honestly probably wouldn't go back until things are more normal...  great safety precautions, but definitely a little weird crowd...  I'm back at work full time now, so will try & post more about our trip & catch up with everyone asap :)

-Debbie 

Good morning girls,  Debbie, I was thinking about you wondering how the Vegas trip went! 

Let us know more details when you are able🙂

Did any of you see that video of the fight in that Bed, Bath & Beyond? OMG.........sometimes I

really wonder what has happened to us.  It was unbelievable.  Just move up a little bit.😲

I actually hate confrontations and that kind of thing gives me the creeps......besides in my

opinion, the gal should have stood in the right place and none of that would have happened.

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls,  Debbie, I was thinking about you wondering how the Vegas trip went! 

Let us know more details when you are able🙂

Did any of you see that video of the fight in that Bed, Bath & Beyond? OMG.........sometimes I

really wonder what has happened to us.  It was unbelievable.  Just move up a little bit.😲

I actually hate confrontations and that kind of thing gives me the creeps......besides in my

opinion, the gal should have stood in the right place and none of that would have happened.

Hi Lois,  yes I saw that brawl but did not hear details about the cause. Did you se the news report about the Uber driver who was attacked after he told his passengers that they had to wear masks? One of the women coughed on him and another reached up front and took his phone. All the women were yelling and screaming. It was just deplorable. As you said, “what is happening to us”? Well some of us, that is.

18 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Ladies!  Looks like I have some catching up to do, haven't read all the posts yet,   back from our very interesting Vegas trip!   Had fun, but honestly probably wouldn't go back until things are more normal...  great safety precautions, but definitely a little weird crowd...  I'm back at work full time now, so will try & post more about our trip & catch up with everyone asap 🙂

-Debbie 

Hi Debbie, I too wondered how your Vegas trip went. Looking forward to more details when you have time.  Since I haven’t traveled yet, I’m living vicariously😉

Good morning, delivery for the new bed is now scheduled for Monday. Oh well, in these times

I think these type of items are back ordered alot......

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, delivery for the new bed is now scheduled for Monday. Oh well, in these times

I think these type of items are back ordered alot......

Yes that's true.  My DS ordered some furniture for his new condo back in May 2020 -- first they told him delivery would be at Thanksgiving (!!), then at the beginning of November they delayed it until February!!!!

Good thing he was planning on continuing to live at home through the pandemic, so we could keep each other company. 😀

Edited by cruisemom42

HELP!  My body has been invaded by a sloth... 

Man, talk about lazy...

I have to start on my taxes today.  Definitely not looking forward to it.  This is the latest I've ever got on the tax wagon - I have no idea why I didn't start earlier.  It will be an interesting combination of regular wages, unemployment money, the COVID supplement, some 401K money, estimated tax payments.  If it doesn't look good, I'll pass it on to a professional.  

Melody - it looks like you really are getting slammed - I got a Fedex notice that stuff in/out of the Denver area will be delayed due to storm.  Fires in fireplaces and cookie baking do sound like a good idea!

Debbie - what do you mean by "weird crowd" in Vegas?  I thought it was always a weird crowd.  What was about it that makes you say you won't go back until things are normal.  Where did you dine (always want to know about food).  

OOTD:  Right now, I'm in my fleece lounging hoodie.  I may or may not stay in it.  Like I said, a sloth... 

Kat, the Covid supplement $$ isn’t taxable, hope that helps a bit

yeah, we’re looking at blizzard conditions, 80mph winds which will make it worse than the snow.. We got more propane & moved wood closer to the house. We’ve had the fireplace cleaned in November, but haven’t actually used the fireplace in about 5 years. We can use our grill & side burners to cook if we lose power. Extra bottled water & snowblower with extra gas. We’re all set

I'm in Athleta leggings & my beloved OOB (Old Orchard Beach Maine) sweatshirt with my sheepskin slippers

On 3/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, purduemom1 said:

Hi Lois,  yes I saw that brawl but did not hear details about the cause. Did you se the news report about the Uber driver who was attacked after he told his passengers that they had to wear masks? One of the women coughed on him and another reached up front and took his phone. All the women were yelling and screaming. It was just deplorable. As you said, “what is happening to us”? Well some of us, that is.

Hi Sharon, I missed that Uber brawl.......these people are NUTS😲