for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

Hi girls, the the thing about a tornado is---besides that damage, it comes SO QUICK............

at least with a snow storm you probably have some advance notice.  

Happy holidays to all from me as well. 

I found a new carrot cake muffin recipe.....well, new for me LOL almond flour and no sugar....

just a bit of honey in it.  They are baking in the oven right now. Will let you know how they come

out🙂

I haven't posted here much lately. I just wanted to say that I no longer even blow dry my hair in the mornings. I really need to turn over a new skin care leaf!

I had my ticket for Andrea Bocelli refunded.  I didn't want to leave that much money on the table with things still up in the air for this summer.  

Boss isn't here today and my two co-workers just left, so it's just me for the next 2.5 hours...

Checked in some guests today from Miami Beach.  They said there were VERRRRRY happy to get of town, that it was one giant ****show.  

Tonight, no Stanley, but an excellent special with Dr. Gupta talking to 6 members of Trump's COVID team.  should be very interesting. 

OOTD: I was really lazy this morning, so I just pulled my hair into a rattail (not full enough yet for a ponytail) and put my Alligator Girl shirt back on with leggings.   

Hi Kat, I have seen clips of the special multiple times over the last couple of weeks.........

Interesting is a good word to use for it. 

And the guests from Miami Beach? I have good friends who live in South FL  and they are so glad they do not live in the Miami Beach area.😲 It has been

awful!!!!

Hi Cindy, good to hear from you again :)    I'm on the no blowdryer bandwagon too...  unless I know I will see clients for work, it's wash & go....  

Kat, good that you were able to get refunded, 

& to both Lois & Kat, Miami does to sound like a good place to be right now :(

So, I did a thing today. With the DD and DGS coming next week, we're doing new family photos--the last ones were maybe three years ago? I'm ready now. Just need to lose 15 pounds by next Thursday.  🙄

20210328_200312.jpg

Hi Girls, wow so much to comment on! 
Lois, your new dining room light sounds very nice. Too bad you can’t find a picture but it sounds like you aren’t the only person who liked it.

Chicago, how exciting! As others have said, so much to see and lots of great food choices. On our last visit, we did the architecture boat tour. Very interesting and we really enjoyed it. 
Mmmm- another carrot muffin recipe to try! Yummy.

Debbie, your yard looks lovely! So, no Zucchini this year? Awww, what will the little critters eat when they visit your yard? 

Kat, yay, vacation plans are coming together nicely! Thanks for the tip on the Away luggage. I’m going to look at their website. 

Cynthia, I hope you weren’t in the path of all the bad weather.

Christy, your hair looks great! Love the purple. Now if you can loose 15# by Thurs, please share your method😊. Seriously, you are going to have a wonderful, long awaited visit, no matter what. 

Cindy, nice to hear from you. Yep, I think you are not alone, I too may have to step it up a bit-well maybe more than just a bit!

Melody, yes, tornados and earthquakes-no time to prepare. 

OMG! On Friday, we actually went to some stores just to look and not because there were things we needed to buy! It’s been sooo long since I’ve done that. Of course, masks were a constant reminder that we still need to be careful. Later, we ordered take out  from a favorite local restaurant  and while we were waiting we wandered into a little shop that is next door. They have hand made items as well as vintage. As we were leaving I noticed a display if knit sanitizer holders that fasten to the outside of a purse, backpack etc. It included a refillable bottle although my 2,5 oz bottle from Target also fits. No need to remove the bottle to use the sanitizer. Yep, I bought one.  

Just watched the CNN special on the Pandemic. Very interesting to hear the interviews and  it all explained from the beginning. Speaking of the Pandemic, I’m glad to hear that so many states are opening up the vaccine to everyone over 18. 

Wishing all a good week ahead.

Sharon

We did not get any tornadoes near us, but there were some in the area that caused significant damage. Even though I'm used to it, it's still very hair-raising because you never really know until a few minutes ahead whether anything is going to materialize...

Speaking of hair -- @PurpleHays Love it!!  and @fyree39  I blow dry about once a week just to remind myself that I am actually a human and not a troll!

Debbie, your yard is going to look great -- you're going to shame me into getting out and doing more in my own yard. I had it landscaped about 10 years ago, but there are some minor things that I've been meaning to change...

Sharon -- I do miss the ability to just run out and do some "fun" shopping. Hopefully in about 6-7 weeks I will be able to do the same. My first dose of vaccine is next week.

I hope everyone has a nice week, happy holidays now and this weekend for those celebrating. I am hoping for 4th of July with family! 😊

Just a quick note while the boss is down at the post office:

If you go to the CNN website, they have posted some of the recipes from Stanley's shows!!!   

It's really windy up here today - a bunch of the stench/smog from down in Salt Lake City has been blow up the canyon.  It's yucky.  Probably a good chance that some of the lifts will go on wind holds today.  Not a fun day for skiing.  

More later!

We had 75 degrees but very high winds yesterday, had to bring in the spinners & wind chimes before they became UFOs!  Today is snow again

Afternoon all!

I got my second Moderna vaccination today.  The setup was just as slick and fast as the first time:  drive up, get registered, drive into one of the studios (we were at a film studio) in groups of 3 vehicles, put out your arm, get the shot, drive out to the parking lot, wait 15 minutes.  It is a beautiful blue sky day and temp in the 40s, so I just listened to the radio and zoned out.  No issue having the window down (they wanted us to keep our window down in case they had to  attend to us.  

Watching pieces of the trial.  I can't watch it all - way too emotional.  I have empathy for the jurors who have to sit through all of the video and all the testimony.  And, empathy for the people who have testified - it must be horrble to have to relive all of that and get questioned about it.  

Since I was getting my vaccination today, I decided to have a good pasta dinner last night.  Picked up some buccatini al' amatriciana from a local place.  Really spicy, how I like it.  Now, I've got a beet salad with a chicken breast and roasted broccolini for dinner tonight.  Lots of my favorite flavored sparkling waters to keep hydrated with for the next few days.  

OOTD:  my pinkish Vuori joggers (my summer joggers for this year), my Snipurr Tshirt, and my Chucks.  I would have gone for a pair of shorts, but my legs are horrendously ghostly white and I'd frighten children who saw them!  

Hi girls, .....tomorrow, tomorrow...........I get my 2nd shot tomorrow😃.

Kat, I have been watching and you are right, it has been getting quite emotional...Tears shed

every day from various witnesses (and those of us watching too).

I forgot one more thing that is tomorrow.......not sure if any of you are SVU fans (I LOVE IT).........

tomorrow night Stabler and Benson are back together!😃...can't wait to watch!!!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, awhfy said:

4-3-21...should we be worried???

I hope not, that's when my DD is flying in!

On 3/28/2021 at 11:29 PM, purduemom1 said:

Christy, your hair looks great! Love the purple. Now if you can loose 15# by Thurs, please share your method😊. Seriously, you are going to have a wonderful, long awaited visit, no matter what. 

OMG! On Friday, we actually went to some stores just to look and not because there were things we needed to buy! It’s been sooo long since I’ve done that. Of course, masks were a constant reminder that we still need to be careful.

If I can figure it out, I'll be rich and I'll share my secret here. Best I've ever done was 23 pounds in two weeks when the ex and I separated. When I get that emotionally stressed, I don't eat. Realistically, if I could just quit the carbs and have my belly get a little flatter, I'd be happy. Hubby says he'll go back on low carb after our company leaves in a couple of weeks. I can't do it by myself since he does most of the cooking, plus, I need his buy-in. One person in a house of two has a difficult time trying to lose weight solo.

I've been doing some running around for several months, but I wear a mask even though I've been vaccinated. We do still have a mask mandate in NC, but I see more people without, even though all the stores still have signs up.

OOTD: denim shorts and an ice skating tshirt. It was in the mid 70s, and stormy. 

Hi everyone :)

Sharon, those squirrels can fend for themselves lol ;)  Actually, they've gone back to eating the fallen fruit from our trees & all the other stuff available near us... everyone has citrus & avocado trees around here, so they do just fine :)  Actually right as we speak I'm watching a wild bunny nibbling on our grass... I do love our critters!  & btw,   your hand sanitizer holder sounds cute, & isn't it fun to be able to shop a little?

Cynthia, so glad to hear that you dodged those tornados, it's unbelievable how widespread & terrible the damage was... 

Kat, congrats on the 2nd shot!!  woo hoo!  & I have the blue Vuori joggers, they were my splurge last year, & worth every last expensive dime... most comfortable thing I've ever had.

Melody, you are back to Jeckyl & Hyde weather lol ;)   & I hadn't thought about the 4/3/21 thing...  seems like I should buy a lottery ticket or something

Lois, I've just watched the trial highlights on the nightly news... normally I would watch it, but I have been sick as a dog since Monday evening...  long story short, my trial site made me do a home deep swab, & a courier will pick up tomorrow...  crazy, just crazy...  I'm thinking food poisoning, they are suggesting possible variant exposure... either way, able to down some light soup & gatorade today, so all is well :)

Well, I got my ancestry results in today. I knew I was Irish & English & I am...89% Irish & 11% English. I’m more Irish than I thought I was!

Good morning, Debbie, I hope you feel better soon! And I certainly hope it is not the virus!!!!!!!!!

Christy, it is hard losing weight even when it is just one person in the home.......I feel you though.

Well, in 2 hours I will be getting my 2nd shot! Wooohooooooooo👍

Got my shot, got my shot😃😃😃...so all done now!

The pharmacy was SLAMMED this time........they were running 45 minutes behind....oh well.

I figured it would be busier than my first shot since the state lowered the age range since that

time. I got there about 10:45 (11:00am appt)........didn't get the shot till 11:45.

And I have some other good news......the premium went down on my Health Insurance today😃

How fun is that LOL...by 100 bucks a month!!!!!!!  If you have health insurance with the gov't,

check your plans----many of them have reduced premiums since the American Rescue Plan

was implemented.

Purple Hays - I wish I had the guts to do that to my hair!!  But, I could only do some Merlot red stripes throughout.  I have to keep it "natural" just in case I go back to work in the Winter.  Maybe when I decide to actually fully retire...

Cruise Kitty - yep, the Vuoris are so comfy!!!  Kind of like wearing a Tshirt on your legs!  Being the "Sierra Heather" color, they are a little too colorful to wear at work.  But, my last day is the 11th, so not a big deal.  I'll be taking them with me when I go down to Zion NP in 18 days!  

I still have a few pounds to lose from COVID, maybe 5.  I try on certain clothes from 2 years ago and how they fit let me know how the weight loss is going.   I remember doing the "Divorce 15" also way back.  Not my favorite way go have lost weight.  

Vaccination update:  My arm is sore.  I couldn't sleep all night.  So far, that's it.  I'm really tired, but that's from not sleeping.  I did drink a lot of fluids last night and I have a lot more to drink today.   Good luck Lois!!!  

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Purple Hays - I wish I had the guts to do that to my hair!!  But, I could only do some Merlot red stripes throughout.  I have to keep it "natural" just in case I go back to work in the Winter.  Maybe when I decide to actually fully retire...

You could always do temporary color. It washes out in about 20 or so washes.

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Christy, it is hard losing weight even when it is just one person in the home.......I feel you though.

Since Hubby does most of the grocery shopping and cooking, I'm kind of at his mercy. By myself, I tend to get what works for me. I told him he can eat all the carbs he wants, but he has to hide them from me. If I know they're there, I'll eat them. Plus, I plan to start skating after my daughter goes back to CA (that way, I don't have to lie if she asks about it) and walking. I hope the weight goes away then.

Opened second batch or limoncello today. It's even better than the first one.

My new passport came today.  I deliberately wore the shirt and hoped the photo wouldn't cut the wording off. (I'll have to try an edit to add the pictures).

OOTD: Shorts and tie dye shirt in the house, WHBM jeans and wrap with a velvet strip when we went to the grocery store.

20210401_175134.jpg

20210401_101643.jpg

Edited by PurpleHays
Add photos

I spoke too soon.  Da&m.  In the past few hours, I've developed a little fever and a irritating headache.  Looks like Tylenol and Gatorade Zero for dinner.  I tried Pedialyte but it tastes disgusting. 

11 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I spoke too soon.  Da&m.  In the past few hours, I've developed a little fever and a irritating headache.  Looks like Tylenol and Gatorade Zero for dinner.  I tried Pedialyte but it tastes disgusting. 

That’s what I did Tylenol & Gatorade Zero. I felt crummy for about 12 hours but then it goes away 

Good morning, guess I am lucky.....I don't feel bad at all.....well, the arm is a little sore but 

no other issues.  And to be honest, I slept really well last night!