for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

It’s great to see everyone getting vaccinated, Cynthia only 4 days to go!  Debbie, I hope you are feeling better and your test is negative!  

Our oldest son is driving his family down on Monday which means the 5 year old will be here for a week.  Chaos always ensues when he is around but the quiet will be overwhelming when he leaves!😂.  Eli loves animals of all kinds so we are taking him to Disney’s  Animal Kingdom  for a day.  I am hoping for mild temps as masks are required.

After my husband booked the DR trip, I decided to go crazy and book a cruise on Celebrity sailing in August from St. Marteen.  Celebrity is starting these sailings in June so I am hopeful they will have any glitches worked out by then. I have really missed sailing, very excited for this.  

Temps are cool in FL today, OOTD will be  long sleeved tshirt with capris & flip flops. We are meeting with a realtor to look at a condo so I am even wearing a little makeup and earrings.  

Have a great weekend!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, it was really cold this morning in this part of the state.........like 40 degrees.........😲

Now they are saying by next Friday it will be up to 80.............crazy weather!

Hope you have fun with your grandson😃

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, guess I am lucky.....I don't feel bad at all.....well, the arm is a little sore but 

no other issues.  And to be honest, I slept really well last night!

Good for you!!!  It seems to be the roll of the dice for after-effects.   Just keep an eye on things as it can sneak up on you anytime from 24-72 hours.  

I still have a little bit of the headache left.  My fever broke sometime during the night - I was really sweating.  Fortunately, work is REALLY slow and my boss told me to stay home.  She said her son had the same issue last week so she knows how I feel.

Supposed to be warm and sunny today - 65 degrees.  Maybe I'll take out my lounge chair and sit in the sun and listen to some tunes.  Tomorrow it might get up to 70!!!!  Tank top and shorts, except I have to go to work, so long sleeve T and leggings.   

Edited by slidergirl
23 hours ago, slidergirl said:

It seems to be the roll of the dice for after-effects.

I have heard anecdotally from a number of sources that those who had covid previously tend to have more significant post-vac effects...

Yesterday I had a half-day off work. Made my own version of traditional southern Easter meal -- spiral sliced ham, biscuits, saffron rice, a very refreshing salad with cucumber, tomato, radish and parsley (picked up from Passover seders...) potato salad, and coconut cake.  I figure we can eat off this all weekend, lol.  DS is over the moon.

Hi Cynthia,🙂 the meal sounds delicious.  Funny, I have eaten Passover dinners my entire childhood into my adulthood but have never heard of that salad.

Learn something new all the time!

For any of you interested.......STAPLES will laminate your vaccination card for FREE😃

Had mine done today!

Well, the boss wasn't in and my co-worker just left and I'm all alone...

I decided to be a little rebel today with my wardrobe.  Hey, it's Spring and it was sunny and warm.  OOTD:  black Tshirt under my green "flood-length" overalls and my black Chucks.  I got up early enough today to let my hair curl back up a little (my right side likes to curl, my left side goes rather limp) so I looked rather Old Hippie Lady-like.  6 more work days, 8 actual days left and I can dress like this every day without a care!

Vaccination-wise:  I have a wisp of the headache left, but that's all.  It wasn't all that bad overall.  

I made myself breakfast for dinner last night:  my last pieces of bacon, 2 pieces of avocado toast and made 2 over easy eggs to put on the toast.  I need to do this more often!   Tonight it'll be a big salad with the leftover avocado and some shredded cheese.  Dessert will be the home-made "Reese cup" that our one private chef brought yesterday for us.  I wasn't here, so I get to have mine tonight!  My co-worker said it's super-rich!!!  

Lois - Remember - if you got the Moderna, you got the microchip in the 2nd dose, but it won't activate for 2 weeks.  If you want to do something bad, better do it now!!!  😜

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia,🙂 the meal sounds delicious.  Funny, I have eaten Passover dinners my entire childhood into my adulthood but have never heard of that salad.

Here's a recipe that's pretty close to what I have -- I have also been known to use it for summer picnics with addition of some feta cheese:

https://oukosher.org/recipes/tomato-cucumber-salad-pareve/

Hi Ladies,  congrats Lois & Kat on those 2nd doses :)  Happy to report that I was completely better by Thursday morning...  been doing more gardening..finished planting all our raised beds & Steve built hinged cage type lids for all of them,  so nice!   planted some lettuce, new herb garden, one tomato & one squash... will plant pumpkins next month I think....  I also bought some of the "cinderella" type pumpkin seeds today, thinking about putting a vine in front of our front garden fence... maybe just letting 4 or 5 pumpkins grown there, it would be cool for fall....  will have to think about it.  

Cynthia, your meal sounds so good!   

Easter wise, we may either take the boat out or paddle board tomorrow...not sure yet...  our kids are all vaccinated up & on vacation... younger dd & sil flew to Cancun last night, & older ones w/grandkids are camping in their trailer...  I'm not much for camping, but wouldn't mind being in Cancun right now ;)

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Kat, I hope you are  just trying to bust my chops.........a micro chip?😲

Yes...  

It's been a thing among the Q folks and some anti-vaxxers.  Bill Gates was a contributor to Moderna.  It was worked out that a microchip would be given to people via the vaccine and will be used for monitoring or whatever nefarious purposes the Deep State wants to come up with...

It's been a bit of a running joke when one gets vaccinated.  

If anyone missed any of Stanley Tucci's episodes or wants to re-watch them, CNN is doing back-to-back episodes Easter Sunday evening.  Times will vary depending on your timezone.

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

For any of you interested.......STAPLES will laminate your vaccination card for FREE😃

Had mine done today!

Laminating the card is a great idea, thanks for the tip 

43 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Laminating the card is a great idea, thanks for the tip 

Glad to help😃......I posted about it on another thread I chat on and a couple of guys think

it is silly.😲...they said it is just a marketing ploy to get people into the store.......I didn't buy

anything and there are a lot of people doing it.   I guess what is silly to one person makes

sense to someone else. 

Posted (edited)

Some people are advising against having the card laminated because then any booster shot(s) will have to be put on another card.  Read that "somewhere" here on CC.

If you want to you can make a copy, then laminate that.

Edited by mafig

I have not seen advising against it but I have seen folks saying to take a photo of it first.

Not sure why you can't take a picture after the lamination......shows through perfectly.

Oh the booster thing.........well, the pharmacist (or whoever is giving the booster) can put 

all the information on a new card (if that is even needed).

There's a large thread on the Norwegian board about this with opinions both ways.  Some people were told not to do it when they were vaccinated.  

If you Google this there's also other views.

First of all, Happy Easter to all who celebrate :)  

Lois, thanks for the staples laminating tip, & thanks to Melody for reminding me, I'd actually forgotten about that...  for now I have mine in a clear vinyl (or plastic?) cover along with my yellow vaccination card... I remembered to bring Steve's & his is all filled out with both doses & stamped, but of course I forgot mine...  I go in for a blood draw at site in a few weeks & will  get mine filled & stamped then... will keep in my passport holder along w/global entry :)

Really looking forward to using passport & global entry again!  

18 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

First of all, Happy Easter to all who celebrate 🙂  

Lois, thanks for the staples laminating tip, & thanks to Melody for reminding me, I'd actually forgotten about that...  for now I have mine in a clear vinyl (or plastic?) cover along with my yellow vaccination card... I remembered to bring Steve's & his is all filled out with both doses & stamped, but of course I forgot mine...  I go in for a blood draw at site in a few weeks & will  get mine filled & stamped then... will keep in my passport holder along w/global entry 🙂

Really looking forward to using passport & global entry again!  

I use my Global Entry card as my ID...  It's a government-issues ID,  If someone gets picky, then I'll show my DL.  

There are threads about it all over the forums. I took a photo of it (both sides) and so it on my

phone now.  The laminated card slides right into my passport holder.

Hi girls, I made a new recipe tonight and it came out really good🙂 I used something from

the net (where else LOL) but sort of made it my own.

It is a Zucchini/Spinach lasagna......but no pasta was used.  I sliced the zucchini...bought 3

big ones. I had some frozen spinach and defrosted it.  First I put some jarred sauce on the bottom.

Then zucchini. and then the spinach that was mixed with Ricotta cheese, 1 egg

and some sautéed mushrooms and onions and shaved parm.  Then I put some more sauce on that and shredded mozz. Layering each time.

I had enough for 3 layers😃....topped it off with some fresh basil and more 

cheese of course😃.  It was really delicious!

I used a 9 x 13 pan and have PLENTY leftover!!!!

42 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I made a new recipe tonight and it came out really good🙂 I used something from

the net (where else LOL) but sort of made it my own.

It is a Zucchini/Spinach lasagna......but no pasta was used.  I sliced the zucchini...bought 3

big ones. I had some frozen spinach and defrosted it.  First I put some jarred sauce on the bottom.

Then zucchini. and then the spinach that was mixed with Ricotta cheese, 1 egg

and some sautéed mushrooms and onions and shaved parm.  Then I put some more sauce on that and shredded mozz. Layering each time.

I had enough for 3 layers😃....topped it off with some fresh basil and more 

cheese of course😃.  It was really delicious!

I used a 9 x 13 pan and have PLENTY leftover!!!!

Lois that sounds delicious!  & probably super healthy as well,  all those veggies :)

I'm back at in person work full time :(    stopped at costco on the way home & picked up their chicken taco kit...just finished & will head out to do a little run/hike...

Kat, I use my global entry as my real ID...  my DL was renewed last spring when DMV was closed, so I just received the regular old DL...

hopefully sometime later this year my Global Entry can serve its real purpose :)

Hello Everyone, enjoying all the news and hearing about everyone’s activities. Certainly different than a year ago. Let’s see we have grandchildren visiting with some of you, Cynthia and Lois, describing some really yummy meals, Debbie describing her gardening plans, Kat looking forward to a work hiatus, Melody, working on a new gazebo and several of us receiving at least one vaccine dose while those of us with both doses can now do the “ happy dance” among some other things. Christy ‘s Limoncello looks perfect! I don’t think I have the patience to peel all the lemons avoiding the pith!  Oh and Sherri with a cruise planned!!

Debbie, so glad to learn that you did not have Covid and are now well.  DH and I are proceeding cautiously adding activities back into our lives. However, we are very encouraged by the ongoing reports of great results from the vaccines. Last night we visited with neighbors who are also fully vaccinated. We sat on their patio, sans masks and toasted our little bit of normalcy. 

Our DIL received her first dose on Saturday and hopefully our granddaughter will soon benefit from the antibodies from her mom’s doses. Our son has also received his first dose while our DD has had her second dose. Feeling pretty relieved about this. 

On a sad note, my youngest cousin passed away ( not Covid related) at the age of 57. He has been ill for awhile and we think he just gave up, Unfortunately, my 95 year old aunt, his mother, is still alive and heartbroken. We were able to Zoom with him about a month ago so very glad for that last “visit”. 

Moving on, we are slowly working our way thru our project list. Funnily, we cross one thing off and add 2🙄.

Wishing all a good week.

Sharon

Here’s an update on patio/gazebo. Les finished reworking the shape of the patio, I relocated all the river rock. The 12x16’ steel top gazebo is due in on the 14th. Les’s bday is the 16th & all the kids are coming over to help install it (weighs over 600 lbs), have a bbq & Angel food strawberry shortcake. Can’t wait for that small bit of normalcy!!! Melody

656EC7FA-D7D2-4ED8-827D-54BB0E7DC878.jpeg

389E5532-5DA6-4D18-B6DC-0D04A1E0F7A7.jpeg

6BEA235D-7C3C-46CB-A09A-2E2F9AD0568F.jpeg

0BDC9E35-EAAE-4705-A5A4-0B833BF09AAC.jpeg