Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
slidergirl

for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

Recommended Posts

On 5/29/2020 at 12:01 PM, slidergirl said:

I'm doing OK.  One of the side effects of one of the new meds is possible dehydration - so I'm drinking like a camel.  I am soooo sick of water!  I've got to go to the store and maybe get some Pedialyte - I've seen some ads on TV lately where adults are using it for dehydration.  I've got "allergy eye" in my right eye - all red and irritated.  We've got some wind going and with everything blooming, especially the chokeberry tree in the backyard, my eyes are not feeling the love.  I'm basically pouring Visine Allergy into the eye!!!

 

How are you doing?  I understand the iPhone thing - I'm a touch typist on my MacBook.  but, I'm a single finger "pecker" on my iPhone.  I don't know how the kids do it!!!

 

Today's fashion: Sweaty Betty black & gold "jungle" leggings (7/8 length), and a gray Tshirt from WoolX.   Shoeless, as always, in the house.  

 lol, totally agree I am I one finger person on the phone,  but fine on my MacBook...  I have allergies as well, but I've used flonase for years (the costco generic one)  works wonders & works for my eyes too, not sure if there are any precautions for diabetes though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

cruise kitty...cute outfit! We’re you the one that ordered the something Jam brand name masks? Is that one of them? Like your hat too...so essential at the shore.

 

We’ve decided to not go back to the coast for the launch. We had thought that the midweek launch might be slightly less crowded but it was so bad traffic wise, getting there and back. It’s just not worth it, and since we’re going to be moving there...it just seems like too much effort for the return...just to say we were there. Ah well.

 

Ive never heard of those packets. When I’m doing my best, I do try to drink water with something more in it, just because it seems to go right through me without actually helping with hydration if there’s no substance to it. Lemons. Limes. Ginger slices. Cucumbers. It’s like bringing a spa home...I haven’t been too many times, but spa water is always flavored.

 

Hi, the mask is from Johnny Was....  it's the one thing I can afford on their website lol :)   $25 for a pack of 5, & some of the ones I received are silk!  super comfy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi  I am doing ok

I can type with both hands so that isn't too bad

It is just so small. Lol

I actually went out to lunch today!!! First time I had been to a restaurant in forever and it felt really good! They had people at every other table and I had a delicious Grilled portobello on top of a garden salad with a little oil and vinegar dressing.

I then went to Fresh Market as a change of pace.  I love their stuff. Sometimes they can be pricey but today I didn't care.  Got some wonderful fish along with other items.

I am in blue Bermuda shorts and a type die top with sandals.

 

Lois, lunch sounds wonderful....  we got the announcement yesterday that things will finally be opening up here!   Restaurants & hair salons.... our little historic center with there restaurants will be shutting down the street to have outdoor dining....  we will wait a few weeks to see how the numbers are before trying it.  

 

& I have a haircut appointment for July 15th!  

 

& in the biggest & best news, yesterday I got to be with my grandkids & older daughter for the first time since March 6th....  it was wonderful!   Drove in separate cars & explored the tide pools at the beach.   I can't tell you how much this meant to me!

 

IMG_9375.thumb.JPG.fcf53a47a9b1891a5f743bd9290c0f6b.JPG

 

Fashion wise:  I am wearing a black halter style maxi sundress, hair in a side braid, & sunhat on :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

 lol, totally agree I am I one finger person on the phone,  but fine on my MacBook...  I have allergies as well, but I've used flonase for years (the costco generic one)  works wonders & works for my eyes too, not sure if there are any precautions for diabetes though 

I'm using generic flonase, too.  I'm starting to wonder if I scratched the inside corner of my eye instead as it's still irritated and red after 2 days.  It really highlights my "dog eyes" - both eyes had cataract surgery and I've been told my eyes look like dog eyes with the new lenses.  

 

 

Today's activity: watching the SpaceX Crew Dragon launch on spacex.com.  It was EXCELLENT!!!  The cameras they have on different parts of the rocket as they jettison and engines light.   If you were watching - did you see Bob let the toy glitter dragon go when they got to 0 gravity?  It floated away pretty fast, but it was funny.  

 

Today's fashion and beauty:  I washed the hair and just let it go.  I'm wearing my gray sleeveless French Terry hoodie dress that I bought a couple of years ago from Fabletics.   No shoes (again).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi great that you got to see your kids and grands😀that must have been wonderful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so, in a pandemic, quarantine just modified, & now under curfew with sirens racing up & down our streets.   Did not see this coming. We're definitely safe in our home & our street, but things were bad in our restaurant/business area this evening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

so, in a pandemic, quarantine just modified, & now under curfew with sirens racing up & down our streets.   Did not see this coming. We're definitely safe in our home & our street, but things were bad in our restaurant/business area this evening. 

Good morning and I was thinking about you when I was watching the news yesterday

And glad you are safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 9:37 PM, slidergirl said:

I'm not a Gatorade/Powerade fan, either.  I do like the sugar free VitaminWater in XXX flavor (XXX is the name).  It's kind of a pomegranate one.   I just need something.  I HATE those artificial sugar Crystal Lite things, too.  

I put 2 of my last True Lime packets in my 32oz HydroFlask with my water.  It's a great travel item - each packet is nothing but dried lime power (they have Lemon, too) and 1 packet = 1/4 lime slice.  I take them traveling to help out with nasty tasting "local" waters.  I have a few left in my pantry. 

I was the weird one - at Hot Dog on a Stick, when I'd get a lemonade, I'd ask for only 1 packet of sugar for it...

Kat, I love the True Lime packets, always have a baggie of them in my travel bag. I’ve recently discovered the BAI drinks, one gram of sugar per bottle (kind of high, but a nice treat once in awhile). The blackberry lemonade & Orange Clementine & Mango are my favorites. Very flavorful. I also like Vitamin XXX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

so, in a pandemic, quarantine just modified, & now under curfew with sirens racing up & down our streets.   Did not see this coming. We're definitely safe in our home & our street, but things were bad in our restaurant/business area this evening. 

 

Heard about your curfew. Hopefully it won’t last as long as the pandemic stay at home orders. 

 

What a nice outing with your family! Hoping there will be many more ahead  and that soon you will be hugging those cute grands!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

so, in a pandemic, quarantine just modified, & now under curfew with sirens racing up & down our streets.   Did not see this coming. We're definitely safe in our home & our street, but things were bad in our restaurant/business area this evening. 

It is just so sad that legitimate, peaceful protests in the daytime get replaced by outright riots at night...

When I saw video of the happenings in LA, I knew EXACTLY where that was!!!  When I stay in LA, I stay in that area around 3rd & Fairfax, The Grove, Melrose (The SLS is a favorite).  

Even down the mountain in Salt Lake City, we had a protest turn into nasty protest.  What started out as a car-based protest turned ugly.  There was a whack job (50-something fat white guy) who stopped his car around the crowd and stepped out with a bow and arrow and aimed at the crowd!!  And, a bunch of the same people who were there the other week at the "Liberate" protest showed up with their assault weapons.  Very strange and very scary.  Salt Lake City is on curfew from 8pm last night until 6am Monday morning.  So, not trip to Trader Joe's today.  

 

Today's Fashion:  The Sweaty Betty floral crop leggings and blue Ron Jon SPF shirt that has the astronauts on the back *in honor of Bob and Doug*.  Since I went to Starbucks for an iced latte this morning, I did have on my trail runners,  but took them off as soon as I got back.  Hair in a messy ponytail.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a strange weekend here. Protests turned violent Friday night and we are under curfew now. Not that it changed anything for me, lol.  I haven't been out of the yard since last week's haircut. 😷

 

Have to admit that I just vegged out today. After a very tough week of work (including half a day yesterday as well), I just didn't want to do ANYTHING. I talked to family, watched a Context Travel seminar on the Pergamon altar in Berlin, put together my Instacart order and did some wash... 

 

OOTD (Outfit of the day):  Pretty blue/white print pima tee from J Jill, Chico's cotton knit capris in navy with gold buttons at the leg opening. Hair, short enough to stay in place. No makeup OR shoes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

It is just so sad that legitimate, peaceful protests in the daytime get replaced by outright riots at night...

When I saw video of the happenings in LA, I knew EXACTLY where that was!!!  When I stay in LA, I stay in that area around 3rd & Fairfax, The Grove, Melrose (The SLS is a favorite).  

Even down the mountain in Salt Lake City, we had a protest turn into nasty protest.  What started out as a car-based protest turned ugly.  There was a whack job (50-something fat white guy) who stopped his car around the crowd and stepped out with a bow and arrow and aimed at the crowd!!  And, a bunch of the same people who were there the other week at the "Liberate" protest showed up with their assault weapons.  Very strange and very scary.  Salt Lake City is on curfew from 8pm last night until 6am Monday morning.  So, not trip to Trader Joe's today.  

 

Today's Fashion:  The Sweaty Betty floral crop leggings and blue Ron Jon SPF shirt that has the astronauts on the back *in honor of Bob and Doug*.  Since I went to Starbucks for an iced latte this morning, I did have on my trail runners,  but took them off as soon as I got back.  Hair in a messy ponytail.  

 

that's crazy with the bow and arrow!   It's basically a s*it show here, all the little businesses & restaurants in our historic district spent the morning boarding up...  right now there's a huge protest going on there (it's about 5:30 here)  curfew starts at 6 for us... praying that protest stays peaceful, & that nothing burns here.  Long Beach Pike (right up the street from where I walked & posted a photo the other day) is currently being looted.    My SIL (police)  & daughter made me promise not to run today...Stay safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

It's been a strange weekend here. Protests turned violent Friday night and we are under curfew now. Not that it changed anything for me, lol.  I haven't been out of the yard since last week's haircut. 😷

 

Have to admit that I just vegged out today. After a very tough week of work (including half a day yesterday as well), I just didn't want to do ANYTHING. I talked to family, watched a Context Travel seminar on the Pergamon altar in Berlin, put together my Instacart order and did some wash... 

 

OOTD (Outfit of the day):  Pretty blue/white print pima tee from J Jill, Chico's cotton knit capris in navy with gold buttons at the leg opening. Hair, short enough to stay in place. No makeup OR shoes.

 

 

Hi there, I was wondering how thing were where you live... hopefully you are far from any danger.   I'm finding it difficult to get motivated as well...  worked on the garden most of the day.  

 

May I ask where you watch the travel seminars?  

 

My OOTD (love that acronym)  is my shabby target tank dress... & socks right now,  wore old running shoes for yard work, but we don't bring our shoes in any longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

 

that's crazy with the bow and arrow!   It's basically a s*it show here, all the little businesses & restaurants in our historic district spent the morning boarding up...  right now there's a huge protest going on there (it's about 5:30 here)  curfew starts at 6 for us... praying that protest stays peaceful, & that nothing burns here.  Long Beach Pike (right up the street from where I walked & posted a photo the other day) is currently being looted.    My SIL (police)  & daughter made me promise not to run today...Stay safe!

Man, I remember the Pike from the OLD days - it had a wicked rollercoaster - not like it is now.

Our HS kids have organized a protest in town at the football field for tomorrow.  As much as I'l love to join the kids, I'm just not comfortable with the possibilities of those yahoos from Salt Lake City showing up with their assault rifles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Man, I remember the Pike from the OLD days - it had a wicked rollercoaster - not like it is now.

Our HS kids have organized a protest in town at the football field for tomorrow.  As much as I'l love to join the kids, I'm just not comfortable with the possibilities of those yahoos from Salt Lake City showing up with their assault rifles.  

 

I feel the same way, I'm 100% with the protestors, it seems to start peacefully & then the baddies see it on social media & show up...  so yeah, like cruise mom said,  nothing has changed, we're still home.  

Just now, cruisemom42 said:

 

They started these up about 6 weeks ago. I've done three of them so far and I've really enjoyed them.

 

https://www.conversations.contexttravel.com/

 

 

 

thank you!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2020 at 10:20 PM, cruise kitty said:

so, in a pandemic, quarantine just modified, & now under curfew with sirens racing up & down our streets.   Did not see this coming. We're definitely safe in our home & our street, but things were bad in our restaurant/business area this evening. 

Scary here too. 90% of those arrested are not even from Colorado

 

my OOTD(also like that acronym) is white Chico shorts & teal Cayman Islands tshirt. OOFOS on the feet 

Edited by awhfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, awhfy said:

Scary here too. 90% of those arrested are not even from Colorado

 

my OOTD(also like that acronym) is white Chico shorts & teal Cayman Islands tshirt. OOFOS on the feet 

 

Actually quite proud of my little town today,  there was a really big protest march yesterday, went from one of our parks to city hall/police station...  hundreds marched & carried signs... but totally peaceful, & when the 6 o'clock curfew came, everyone dispersed peacefully... thank goodness, no looting, no vandalism... thank goodness, because those restaurants & businesses couldn't have survived it. 

 

my OOTD....  well I washed that Target dress last night sooo....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, got my laptop back😀😀😀 and had my stress test this morning. Have another appt on Thursday for the results.

 

Not sure if any of you watched, but the Floyd family went to the spot in Minneapolis where George was killed.

It was very moving..........a makehift memorial has been put there........this was the first time anyone from the

family had been there...........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, got my laptop back😀😀😀 and had my stress test this morning. Have another appt on Thursday for the results.

 

Not sure if any of you watched, but the Floyd family went to the spot in Minneapolis where George was killed.

It was very moving..........a makehift memorial has been put there........this was the first time anyone from the

family had been there...........

 

 

I didn't watch it, but I did listen to the brother's speech on the radio.  Very moving.  

 

Hope the results of your stress test come out ok!

 

Clothing wise, I changed my mind about the Target dress, I am wearing a black tank top with a long dark grey silk skirt, feeling very summer-y :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also had a peaceful protest march here in my city. All ages and races. Organizers frequently reminding everyone to remain peaceful. We do not have a curfew here and I hope it remains that way.

 

DS and DIL own a condo in downtown Minneapolis, not far from 35 W where the large, peaceful march took place yesterday. The same protest where the tanker truck drove thru’ the crowd. We have spent a lot of time in Minni and are familiar with the downtown so watching all of this destruction on the news is particularly difficult and sad for me. So far, there has been no activity in my kids’ neighborhood, for which I am very thankful. While my kids are avoiding the crowds, they have purchased brooms and other supplies and have helped with the clean up in the affected neighborhoods. So many are doing this and to me this  it is one bright spot in an awful situation. 

 

My heart goes out to the Floyd family and to all those who have lost their businesses and employment because of those who have used this very sad situation to riot, loot and burn. So many other cities are suffering a similar fate and it is my hope that it ends so that we can get on with making things right so this never has to happen again.

 

My  OOTD- ankle length pants with a Talbots tee. Temps are not bad today but we expect a warm up to start soon.

Sharon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@purduemom1 Hi Sharon,  glad your kids are ok, & that's wonderful that they plan on helping with the clean up.   

 

Yes,  my heart goes out to the Floyd family as well, & to anyone who has to fear for their family members life just because of skin color.

 

We are under curfew again, it was supposed to be 6, but then another alert came changing it to 5...  so I had to go running at 3:30 in order to make it back by 5

 

Never thought I'd have to time a run in order to get back in time for curfew. ;)  made it up the driveway just a 4:59

 

stay safe everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cruisekitty, glad you got your run in before curfew. I guess curfew in Santa Monica starts at 1:30? Gosh, next it will be a total lock down! Then there is the concern that the Covid numbers will rise with all of the large gatherings. That’s a scary thought! 

 

OOTD is pretty similar to yesterday and not much make up. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

cruisekitty, glad you got your run in before curfew. I guess curfew in Santa Monica starts at 1:30? Gosh, next it will be a total lock down! Then there is the concern that the Covid numbers will rise with all of the large gatherings. That’s a scary thought! 

 

OOTD is pretty similar to yesterday and not much make up. 

 

 

 

Curfew again today, (but not until 6 I think) it is very strange with everything boarded up... apparently now that we live in a war zone, people forgot we're also in a pandemic... sorry I'm being melodramatic, this is a bit much...  my phone & Alexa keeps doing that emergency broadcast alert & it really has me on edge.  

 

Hope everything is good where you're at :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

 

Curfew again today, (but not until 6 I think) it is very strange with everything boarded up... apparently now that we live in a war zone, people forgot we're also in a pandemic... sorry I'm being melodramatic, this is a bit much...  my phone & Alexa keeps doing that emergency broadcast alert & it really has me on edge.  

 

Hope everything is good where you're at 🙂

I think they are doing it to be safe......looks like things have calmed down in LA......but it did get pretty bad.

Right now lots of peaceful protests and that is our right.   Looks like your courthouse has lots of folks there today.

 

Be safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...