for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

This made me chuckle.

I never, ever use a lanyard on a cruise.  I never used one for my ID at work; I clipped it to a lapel.

We are working in the backyard as much as the weather allows.  I have to lock the doors because my cat figured out how to unlatch them and let himself out.  

So....I put my house key on.....a lanyard.  

While we were taking a break yesterday, it occurred to me, here we are, dressed like cruise people (at least in that respect).

11 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

This made me chuckle.

I never, ever use a lanyard on a cruise.  I never used one for my ID at work; I clipped it to a lapel.

We are working in the backyard as much as the weather allows.  I have to lock the doors because my cat figured out how to unlatch them and let himself out.  

While we were taking a break yesterday, it occurred to me, here we are, dressed like cruise people (at least in that respect).

Love this!  Plus a cat that can open shut doors. My cats better not get that smart😄

12 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

This made me chuckle.

thank you for making me smile!! 

53 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

So....was given the senior discount at my local grocery store.  I'm not 60 yet😜 so I decided to throw on some makeup.  Now I feel 59😁 Amazing what a little lipstick can do!

lol, we're now under masks are mandatory order,  maybe I should draw some lipstick on my mask lol, or  just chapstick for me :)  of course haven't left the house in a week...  except for hikes and running.    I think next Friday I might have to do a meds & food run & actually see other human beings :classic_biggrin: 

4 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

thank you for making me smile!! 

I think we really need these posts, as an antidote to all the "cancellation refunds" posts.  Aaargh.  I'm so glad we have some fun, and helpful, posts here.

38 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

lol, we're now under masks are mandatory order,  maybe I should draw some lipstick on my mask lol, or  just chapstick for me :)  of course haven't left the house in a week...  except for hikes and running.    I think next Friday I might have to do a meds & food run & actually see other human beings :classic_biggrin: 

I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow morning....when it was "normal" I would go on the weekend but I think now

it is probably at least 2 or 3 times more crowded at that time. I can go around 8:30-9:00 and be ok.  One of my girlfriend's

made a bunch of masks and mailed me one so I don't have to worry about getting one of my scarves to work.:classic_smile:

This is a longtime friend who loves to sew....(opposite of me....I can sew a button, she can make the entire

outfit). Anyway, she owns 5--yes, 5 sewing machines!

Anyway, I have been eating a lot of strawberries and blueberries...…..need to get a couple of containers of them!

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow morning....when it was "normal" I would go on the weekend but I think now

it is probably at least 2 or 3 times more crowded at that time. I can go around 8:30-9:00 and be ok.  One of my girlfriend's

made a bunch of masks and mailed me one so I don't have to worry about getting one of my scarves to work.:classic_smile:

This is a longtime friend who loves to sew....(opposite of me....I can sew a button, she can make the entire

outfit). Anyway, she owns 5--yes, 5 sewing machines!

Anyway, I have been eating a lot of strawberries and blueberries...…..need to get a couple of containers of them!

that was so kind of your friend,  & 5 sewing machines!  wow, I actually don't even have one right now, but I can sew as long as it's in a straight line :)  Strawberries sound wonderful,   I've got some frozen ones that I'm using for margaritas.   

My work friend who sews dropped off enough masks for our family,  enough for both daughters & SIL's & one for my Mom...  who is still working & going out like nothing is happening.   Today she has conceded that she will pick up a mask from us ( I"ll hang in in a bag & talk to her from the porch)  

It's rained nonstop here for the last week, but is supposed to clear up for the weekend ;)

stay safe & sane through this everyone!

Good morning....just wanted to throw this out there. A company in California called "Sanctuary" makes clothing

and they are making masks....google them. They make a pack of 5 for 28.00 and part of the profits go to local

charities.  I decided to order a pack. They haven't arrived yet but just thought maybe it would give some of us a pause for the cause:classic_smile:

I went to the grocery store this morning and there were plenty of folks wearing masks with some not wearing them

as well.   For you gals who live near a PUBLIX...that is where I shop. They have put up those shields in front of

the cashiers and also put lines down on the floor so you are standing 6 feet apart at the check out lines.

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Monday will be the start of Week 7 for me... 

image.png.2a780f8d9db57730c7b82f4944398f02.png

Part of me wants to laugh at this at part of me wants to cry :)  probably like you're feeling.  I hope you're getting out and walking around a bit...  do you have a car?  Yesterday the rain never stopped, so I just drove around for a bit to feel like I was getting out... otherwise I'm trying to stick to a routine and schedule, which seems to help a bit.   hang in there!   

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I went to the grocery store this morning and there were plenty of folks wearing masks with some not wearing them

as well.   For you gals who live near a PUBLIX...that is where I shop. They have put up those shields in front of

the cashiers and also put lines down on the floor so you are standing 6 feet apart at the check out lines.

Did you get your strawberries & blueberries?  :)  I hope so!

We don't have Publix here but we do have Trader Joes's & Sprouts....  & of course Target....  I wonder if those stores miss me as much as I miss them lol :)    it's been a week since I did a grocery & med run, & I'm going to try to wait until after the 15th to go again (the 15th is supposed to be our Peak day, & the governor is asking everyone in our state to try & stay home for these two weeks)  

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Did you get your strawberries & blueberries?  :)  I hope so!

We don't have Publix here but we do have Trader Joes's & Sprouts....  & of course Target....  I wonder if those stores miss me as much as I miss them lol :)    it's been a week since I did a grocery & med run, & I'm going to try to wait until after the 15th to go again (the 15th is supposed to be our Peak day, & the governor is asking everyone in our state to try & stay home for these two weeks)  

Hi, I hadn't been to the store in nearly 2 weeks.  Yes, got both...fresh blueberries and strawberries:classic_biggrin:.   And got some

fresh pineapple too.  I was trying to guess how much I had spent and too funny...I came within 1.00!  I looked at

all the stuff in the cart and said to myself, it is probably about 120.00----it came to 119 and some change LOL.

We have Trader Joe's and Sprouts too but I love my Publix:classic_smile:

20 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Part of me wants to laugh at this at part of me wants to cry 🙂  probably like you're feeling.  I hope you're getting out and walking around a bit...  do you have a car?  Yesterday the rain never stopped, so I just drove around for a bit to feel like I was getting out... otherwise I'm trying to stick to a routine and schedule, which seems to help a bit.   hang in there!   

Yes I have a car -- my "big outing" today will be going to a touchless carwash to get the pollen off. I found out from a neighbor that one near us is open, you don't have to touch anything if you have a contactless credit card and bring your own cloths to polish it up after.

So excited, lol. Whatever shall I wear? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by cruisemom42

I decided to bake today:classic_biggrin:....I took some of those blueberries and had some apples in the house already.

I found an apple-blueberry muffin recipe on line and they came out really good:classic_smile:.....I am in a tank top and some

lounge pants.

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yes I have a car -- my "big outing" today will be going to a touchless carwash to get the pollen off. I found out from a neighbor that one near us is open, you don't have to touch anything if you have a contactless credit card and bring your own cloths to polish it up after.

So excited, lol. Whatever shall I wear? :classic_biggrin:

Woo hoo! An outing lol :)     & I don't know about you but I'm ready to knock down Dr. Brix & steal some of her clothing ;)  the woman has style!

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

You could wear my daughter's prom dress. Her prom was cancelled 😪

IMG_2089.JPG

she looks beautiful!  So sorry she's missing out on prom :(  I hope that when this subsides they can do a make up for things that seniors are missing out on :)

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I decided to bake today:classic_biggrin:....I took some of those blueberries and had some apples in the house already.

I found an apple-blueberry muffin recipe on line and they came out really good:classic_smile:.....I am in a tank top and some

lounge pants.

sounds delicious!   I'm embarrassed to say that it's past noon & I"m in my pjs...  going to wash up now & get out in the sunshine while it lasts :)  got chicken stew going in the crockpot for later  :)

11 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

she looks beautiful!  So sorry she's missing out on prom 😞  I hope that when this subsides they can do a make up for things that seniors are missing out on 🙂

Thank you!  We bought the dress before all this happened.  I hope there is some sort of shindig that commemorates their senior year.  Hey, at least she has a great dress😁

BTW, off topic, if anyone has booked a Carnival cruise for 2021-22 (I think) there is an additional discount promotion now till the end of tomorrow for Cheers.  Takes a total of 20% off. There is a specific way to access it, so if you're interested, let me know.  FYI 😎

24 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Woo hoo! An outing lol 🙂     & I don't know about you but I'm ready to knock down Dr. Brix & steal some of her clothing 😉  the woman has style!

She can definitely rock a scarf!

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

You could wear my daughter's prom dress. Her prom was cancelled 😪

IMG_2089.JPG

She is beautiful and I am also so sorry the prom was cancelled. 

26 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

sounds delicious!   I'm embarrassed to say that it's past noon & I"m in my pjs...  going to wash up now & get out in the sunshine while it lasts :)  got chicken stew going in the crockpot for later  :)

Chicken stew sounds really good too! :classic_biggrin:….I am now in a pair of shorts and a v neck short sleeved top.