Shore Excursions?

duquephart

Our window to choose shore excursions for a mid June sail is fast approaching. The dilemma, of course, is whether to throw a bunch more money at a cruise that may not take place or risk loosing opportunities should things settle out. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Squawkman said:

IMHO, I would book as if the cruise doesn’t run, worst case would most likely be what you paid for excursions would be added to the credit for a future cruise. 

I hope not!!  I hope they just refund to the credit card. That is what happened when our cruise was cancelled just 24 hours into the cruise (in 2016).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

I hope not!!  I hope they just refund to the credit card. That is what happened when our cruise was cancelled just 24 hours into the cruise (in 2016).

I agree - that’s why I said worst case which lessens the gamble to lose a highly desired excursion. 

11 minutes ago, duquephart said:

The ideal situation would be for Viking to waive payment until the ship sails.

Problem with that is folks who have seniority to book (I.e., have expensive cabins) will leave nothing for the others. Plus Viking wouldn’t know how many will really go on the excursions.  Refunding if the ship doesn’t sail makes more sense.

• Like 1

We must book excursions on Sunday 3.29 and intend to book the included excursions only and not to book those that have a fee. I trust that the vendors will want to meet all our extra excursion needs if the climate dramatically improves before departure or after we embark should we actually take the cruise in June.

4 minutes ago, MokeQ2 said:

We must book excursions on Sunday 3.29 and intend to book the included excursions only and not to book those that have a fee. I trust that the vendors will want to meet all our extra excursion needs if the climate dramatically improves before departure or after we embark should we actually take the cruise in June.

"Must?" Isn't that when your opportunity begins rather than an imperative?

We are going to book everything we want as though normality reigns. My guess, however, is that it's all a wash. Can only hope for the best.