Jump to content

For those cruising later this year, what are you doing?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, phabric said:

My deposit is with a refundable Open Booking voucher for $100 and $200 on a credit card.

 

If I ask for a refund at final payment mid May, will my Open Booking voucher go back to a refundable Open Booking Voucher?

 

Will my $200 be refunded on my credit card or a FCC?

 

Decisions,  decisions?

Not sure about the voucher but unless you have a refundable deposit (not just a refundable voucher) then my guess is you will lose all $300 unless you move the deposit to a new booking. They’re only waiving the $100/person penalty for canceling if you rebook. 
 

If your Whole booking is refundable then you’ll definitely get the $200 back on your credit card, and I would assume you’d get the $100 certificate reissued.

Edited by ARandomTraveler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, muscleman said:

But, we are still going on President cruise out of Barcelona in October and the crossing after that on Allure.

 

Or at least we hope we are.  😮 

 

Just cancelled our flights to Hawaii and two resorts we were to stay at Mid May.  That state just announced massive travel restrictions.  Even US citizens flying into the state will be under mandatory 14 day quarantine, showing symptoms or not...everyone under that when they arrive.  

 

Next up...Grandeur cruise in June...just waiting for RCI to cancel that next.  😞 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Did you have to call to cancel or were you able to do it online?

Actually, I was on the Vision doing a b-2-b-2-b and was evicted after the first week, called my travel contact person at RCL upon my return because of a few issues and cancelled at that time.  

Edited by JamesEM
Typo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are hopeful this will all be over before our cruise. If we cannot cruise, we will have no Summer vacation and it won't be until Thanksgiving when we could go again. I prefer that not happening because we would be getting hit with some hefty price increases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 11:25 AM, Thisguylikestocruise said:

We have Harmony booked December 6, leaving from FL.  How confident is everyone booked for cruises late 2020/early 2021?  I have until September 5th to cancel with full refund.  So plenty of time to decide.  I’d prefer to stay booked and proceed with the cruise.  I’m just uncertain, if things get worse or RCL goes bankrupt and I don’t get my deposit back.  

We have 9 more booked this year and hoping to get to go on all of them.  I am staying optimistic and hopeful.  Will not cancel any of them. So far 2 have been canceled, April/May and I took the FCC on both so I can apply them to one or more of our 18 cruises currently booked.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Booked in October.  Final Payment due in July.

 

If July rolls around and current state is like it is now, we won't make the payment.  If things are looking better, as I expect they will be, then we will make the payment and plan on cruising.

 

My biggest concern right now is not catching the virus, but whether or not RCI cash flow will be positive long enough for them to issue refunds/continue sailing when everything blows over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will use our FCC to upgrade our cabins for 10-11-20 and 12-06-20 cruises. Received FCC for our canceled 3-29-20 sailing. Will receive another FCC for our canceled 5-03-20 sailing in about 4 weeks.

 

Only problem will be if I still need a Doctors' note. If needed we will not be able to cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Booked in October.  Final Payment due in July.

 

If July rolls around and current state is like it is now, we won't make the payment.  If things are looking better, as I expect they will be, then we will make the payment and plan on cruising.

 

My biggest concern right now is not catching the virus, but whether or not RCI cash flow will be positive long enough for them to issue refunds/continue sailing when everything blows over.

I canceled my cruise April 1st.  RCI said it will take at least 30 days for refunds.  I’ll feel pretty lucky to get refunds, including excursion refunds.  Haven’t seen any refunds yet.  Asked for a confirmation email of the cancellation, and was denied, but given a confirmation number. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...