Anyone else get Sales Call from X..

hcat

I got one today, on my office phone not personal cell.  I don't know and don't recall why I'd give X my business phone.  Any way, I told the rep I had a cruise booked in December and didn't know if it would be canceled.  So I wasn't thinking about anything else right now.

On 3/19/2020 at 8:25 PM, Doubt It said:

Cruising just has too many risks and hassels with the air, cruise ship and product deterioration on both.

Moving on and that was before the virus.

If you don't plan to cruise again, why are you hanging out on a website that's dedicated to cruising?

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2020 at 11:37 AM, hcat said:

Just  had a cell phone   message from a Celebrity Cruise Planner looking to sell!  She was aware of our Future Cruise Credit...not wasting any time! Guess they will aggressively pursue folks to use up their credits soon.. We are not planning to use ours until 2021. .

Kind of premature and in  poor taste ...esp since the monetary refund part of our cancellation did not  hit our card yet!

She also pronounced herself our "Assigned Cruise Planner"...That's not our  choice or request.  We book with whoever answers the phone when we call.  

Has amyone else received similar calls?

JMO...but....when you have an 'assigned CVP, they get to know your preferences and they seem to be more help in most cases than 'anyone' answering the phone.   I've used 3 (2 promoted) and have been very happy with all.  Developed somewhat of a more personal relationship.  No call for me - yet.

Edited by oceangoer2

38 minutes ago, SunsetPoint said:

If you don't plan to cruise again, why are you hanging out on a website that's dedicated to cruising?

Because I’m hoping to glean information about the next round of cancellations.

I am due to pay for my cruise in 2 weeks, but hopefully Celebrity will have made a decision about the ships coming to Europe for the summer/ or not.

I just read the post about 25% of RCL workers in the U.S. are being laid off.  I guess the reality of this new world is that these workers are very motivated to sell and there by keep their job by justifying their existence on the payroll.

I do not judge them too harshly, and I agree with another poster that it is not all bad to had the direct number of someone at Celebrity that you can call without  being on hold for a long period of time.  We have called our assigned agent on several occasions and have had no complaints about the service provided. 

Edited by SHIP TRAVELER
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

I just read the post about 25% of RCL workers in the U.S. are being laid off.  I guess the reality of this new world is that these workers are very motivated to sell and there by keep their job by justifying their existence on the payroll.

I do not judge them too harshly, and I agree with another poster that it is not all bad to had the direct number of someone at Celebrity that you can call without  being on hold for a long period of time.  We have called our assigned agent on several occasions and have had no complaints about the service provided. 

Has anyone actually reached their Celebrity Vacation Planner this week?  I do get a voice recording to call another number and there is no option to leave a message on his business line.  I just assume he has been furloughed.  That is sad for him personally and for the company.

15 minutes ago, keesar said:

Has anyone actually reached their Celebrity Vacation Planner this week?  I do get a voice recording to call another number and there is no option to leave a message on his business line.  I just assume he has been furloughed.  That is sad for him personally and for the company.

I just tried reaching my CVP. I got her voicemail, but it was her own recording with today’s date stating she would be in the office until 9pm, and to please leave a msg for her. Hopefully that means she is still working for Celebrity. We’ll have to see if she returns the call.

11 minutes ago, ChuckL said:

I just tried reaching my CVP. I got her voicemail, but it was her own recording with today’s date stating she would be in the office until 9pm, and to please leave a msg for her. Hopefully that means she is still working for Celebrity. We’ll have to see if she returns the call.

I just called my CVP and got the same message as yesterday.  If you have an existing reservation, call Central Reservations at ...

If he is on vacation, he always leaves a message to that effect.  This is not good as he has been outstanding and we have developed nice relationship.  Sad...

I just called my CVP and got the same message as yesterday.  If you have an existing reservation, call Central Reservations at ...
If he is on vacation, he always leaves a message to that effect.  This is not good as he has been outstanding and we have developed nice relationship.  Sad...

Sorry that it appears you have lost your CVP. Mine did call me back on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are the CVPs helping with cancellations and refunds or just  rescheduling and new bookings? 

The one who contacted us a few times by phone and e mail never called back after we asked for help with refunds.

Always had good luck with just calling the ph no and getting help from anyone..

Got a call in early March offering a 10 night cruise in May for $259pp Oceanview. Taxes were add $299pp.  If the price seems too good to be true, there is a reason why.  We were amazed at the price. We hesitated to book with all the news about the virus. We declined the offer. That cruise was later cancelled.  Even with a great deal, not booking until the virus is gone. Looking forward to safer times.

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Are the CVPs helping with cancellations and refunds or just  rescheduling and new bookings? 

The best description is being "laid off" or "furloughed".  In any case, many are not in the office at all.  So if bookings were coming in, would they have been let go?