Feb. 26 Riviera Cruise Had A Corona Virus Passenger

kitty9

1 hour ago, Maverick Cruiser said:

I received two emails from O and neither email stated that the passenger disembarked in Miami, it stated that there was a passenger onboard who has tested positive with the virus.  

Have you any symptoms?

Are you self isolating?

4 hours ago, Maverick Cruiser said:

I received two emails from O and neither email stated that the passenger disembarked in Miami, it stated that there was a passenger onboard who has tested positive with the virus.  

I believe that most passengers who were on that cruise reading the notice from Oceania’s Guest Relations Department which we received this past Thursday afternoon, March 19, naturally would assume that it was a different passenger, one who disembarked like all of us on Wednesday, March 11, except for this man who left by helicopter on the morning of March 9.  That is because our Captain assured us on Tuesday, March, 10, that he was removed from the ship not from any fears of coronavirus, but due to heart problems, and he had a pre-existing heart problem.  (No mention of any pre-existing or current respiratory issue.). BTW, Oceania stayed that it was sending out the notice at the CDC’s request.

Almost two weeks since this all happened and very glad to be home safely and in a state with a very proactive Governor, Mike DeWine, who officially ordered us all today to shelter in place.

Edited by CintiPam