Jump to content

Just Off Norwegian epic


Recommended Posts

We got to San Juan a couple days early and stayed at Casa Blanco in Old San Juan very nice we explored a little. We left from San Juan march 8th supposed to be a 7 night Cruise

Sunday we pull into San Juan they didnt want us.Long story short we headed to port  Cape Canaveral 2 days Later Everyone was healthy and we got off. The ship was great.Free Alcohol

and Food. a couple extra days. All and all great cruise. I will update a little more Shortly.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spotter27 said:

We got to San Juan a couple days early and stayed at Casa Blanco in Old San Juan very nice we explored a little. We left from San Juan march 8th supposed to be a 7 night Cruise

Sunday we pull into San Juan they didnt want us.Long story short we headed to port  Cape Canaveral 2 days Later Everyone was healthy and we got off. The ship was great.Free Alcohol

and Food. a couple extra days. All and all great cruise. I will update a little more Shortly.  

Wow, would def like to hear more

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, waterjock said:

Just a to note the Epic was used  to get  650 million dollar loan to solve their cash flow problem. It goes to the bank if they can not pay back the loan,

Maybe it was the last cruise of the epic under ncl 😥

Link to post
Share on other sites

We got off the Epic the morning you got off. I hope the friends I made with the staff are all ok, especially the casino staff. We loved our trip. And are very sad to cancel our trip in May from Barcelona on the Epic. Hopefully we'll be back on her some time soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and I were on this trip, too.  We could not have asked for a better experience considering the circumstances.  We felt that NCL/Epic staff was doing everything in their power to make our cruise and two day extension a great experience.  I would also like to say that it was the happiest and healthiest cruise that I have ever been on.  We did not run in to any grumpy passengers and NOBODY was sick.  I mean... never once did I hear a person coughing!  It was amazing to see, as there were always sick people on our past cruises.  As far as grumpy goes, there was some tension on the ship as people were trying to make alternate travel arrangements, but even then, they were not being mean and blaming people for the situation.  Overall, I would say that this was one of our top three cruises to date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SteamboatCruiser said:

I would also like to say that it was the happiest and healthiest cruise that I have ever been on.  We did not run in to any grumpy passengers and NOBODY was sick.  I mean... never once did I hear a person coughing! 

I doubt that was a coincidence. Most likely anyone with a bad cough stayed in their cabins and everyone else probably was holding their coughs to avoid being looked at ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Comi.uy said:

I doubt that was a coincidence. Most likely anyone with a bad cough stayed in their cabins and everyone else probably was holding their coughs to avoid being looked at ...

That certainly may be the case.  Either way, it made for a better and healthier experience for the rest of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SteamboatCruiser said:

My husband and I were on this trip, too.  We could not have asked for a better experience considering the circumstances.  We felt that NCL/Epic staff was doing everything in their power to make our cruise and two day extension a great experience.  I would also like to say that it was the happiest and healthiest cruise that I have ever been on.  We did not run in to any grumpy passengers and NOBODY was sick.  I mean... never once did I hear a person coughing!  It was amazing to see, as there were always sick people on our past cruises.  As far as grumpy goes, there was some tension on the ship as people were trying to make alternate travel arrangements, but even then, they were not being mean and blaming people for the situation.  Overall, I would say that this was one of our top three cruises to date.

I would agree everyone seemed pretty healthy but I definitely heard people coughing. We are on deck 10 and while we were pulling into Port Canaveral someone was outside coughing up a lung. 
But I never felt like the crew ever put us at risk. I feel like they were doing everything to keep us safe and healthy. Overall I would agree passengers were calm. We saw the occasional irate passenger but tension was high at times so I expected that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyboutdisney said:

I would agree everyone seemed pretty healthy but I definitely heard people coughing. We are on deck 10 and while we were pulling into Port Canaveral someone was outside coughing up a lung. 
But I never felt like the crew ever put us at risk. I feel like they were doing everything to keep us safe and healthy. Overall I would agree passengers were calm. We saw the occasional irate passenger but tension was high at times so I expected that.  

 

Agreed, we were on the same cruise, and our next door neighbour on deck 9 was often coughing like crazy on her balcony throughout the cruise. Saw lots of people coughing throughout the ship, often right into their hands.

 

On the last full day, I was standing in the buffet next to one dude who didn't feel like waiting for a server and just reached in and grabbed a burger patty with his bare hands!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OrcaGirl said:

 

Agreed, we were on the same cruise, and our next door neighbour on deck 9 was often coughing like crazy on her balcony throughout the cruise. Saw lots of people coughing throughout the ship, often right into their hands.

 

On the last full day, I was standing in the buffet next to one dude who didn't feel like waiting for a server and just reached in and grabbed a burger patty with his bare hands!

We were on starboard side. Maybe we heard the same person? We had pot smokers in the cabin between us and our friends. Our friends couldn’t even sit on their balcony or have their door open at all. We complained several times and they never did anything. It was ridiculous!!! I knocked on our friends door and when they opened it that’s all you could smell 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...