Just Received Our Luggage Tags!!!

Georgia_Peaches

30 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

....For April 11 Infinity sailing. Gotta love their optimism!  😂🤣. Guess we can dream...

Earlier today I bought RCL stock at $21.60, down from $135 when you provided truly useful posts from your December 2019 sailing on the Silhouette.  We were on her next voyage albeit in far lesser accommodations.

You and your husband are braver that we are by sailing next month and as a newly minted RCL stock holder, I can only thank you and wish you safe travels.

50 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

They can’t possibly think April cruises are still a go. It just makes no sense. Much as I love Celebrity, I can’t wrap my head around their current strategy. 

i suspect that, in the mad scramble to keep the lights on, someone just forgot to turn off the automated program that sends the luggage tags.  It's got to be absolute chaos at HQ.

1 hour ago, Wolf 8 said:

Earlier today I bought RCL stock at $21.60, down from $135 when you provided truly useful posts from your December 2019 sailing on the Silhouette.  We were on her next voyage albeit in far lesser accommodations.

You and your husband are braver that we are by sailing next month and as a newly minted RCL stock holder, I can only thank you and wish you safe travels.

Well I’m glad my review helped in some small way. Silhouette is my favorite ship as a result of that voyage. 

Sadly, we won’t be on Infinity next month...neither will anyone else..except maybe the crew. 

On another note, we also took the plunge and bought some RCL stock. Here’s hoping it bounces back 😊

7 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Well I’m glad my review helped in some small way. Silhouette is my favorite ship as a result of that voyage. 

Sadly, we won’t be on Infinity next month...neither will anyone else..except maybe the crew. 

On another note, we also took the plunge and bought some RCL stock. Here’s hoping it bounces back 😊

We bought at $16, then when it went down to $5, my wife said we should buy more -- but what does she know.  😉 🍷

We are supposedly on the April 12th Edge cruise. My guess is that they will start extending the cancellations by 7 days each week. That way they do not lose all of their cash at once and they may be able to somewhat handle the volume. If my guess is correct, we may start to hear about more cancellations tomorrow or maybe Saturday.

• Like 1

I must say I am planning a ‘boarding day’!

If our cruise doesn’t happen or healthwise we are recommended not to take (we are in the vulnerable category) I am planning a special day...

Full buffet breakfast (hotel style)

Glasses of champagne at 11am (boarding time)

Attempt to make my own Luminae burgers for lunch 

Afternoon spent watching YouTube sea scapes and our cruise videos/pictures

Long formal evening meal in my posh frock with paired wine (menu depending on what is left in the shops!)

Evening video music performance with cocktails.

I will put as much X memorabilia about as possible, our old cards will be on the table....

9 hours ago, Fouremco said:

And yesterday we received tags for our now cancelled April 12 cruise. Cancelled by us, as Celebrity still thinks that Vancouver - Honolulu is a go. SMH

Your luggage tags would be great to hang on the door!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

If our cruise doesn’t happen or healthwise we are recommended not to take (we are in the vulnerable category) I am planning a special day...

Long formal evening meal in my posh frock with paired wine (menu depending on what is left in the shops!)

I will put as much X memorabilia about as possible, our old cards will be on the table....

Love this idea!  Makes one appreciate all that they love about cruising. I would add to your scenario the perfect door sign (not that we are door decorators but in this case I’d make an exception) and to get ready for it all, I’d give myself a home mani/pedi and show off my latest color. 😊

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

Sounds like a great idea. All the fun without having to pack!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

....For April 11 Infinity sailing. Gotta love their optimism!  😂🤣. Guess we can dream...

You should buy a nice frame for them.  They might be a collector's item some day!  For history buffs, Titanic departed port April 10, 1912.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Love this idea!  Makes one appreciate all that they love about cruising. I would add to your scenario the perfect door sign (not that we are door decorators but in this case I’d make an exception) and to get ready for it all, I’d give myself a home mani/pedi and show off my latest color. 😊

Definately need a door sign....A big blue X!

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Sounds like a great idea. All the fun without having to pack!

How true...unfortunately no cook or butler though and no company unless it is safe for us to come out of isolation! However, my glass will be more than half full (literally)!

• Like 1

Wonderful, upbeat ideas here!

While still a little too early to order luggage tags for our 5/21 Alaska cruise out of Vancouver, I'll keep an eye on the calendar and order them in a few weeks as a memento. (Of course, by then, X may have shut down the order link.)

We've booked Alaska 4 or 5 times and always had to cancel for unforeseen circumstances. We were so confidant that this one would be a "go" that we booked a week long package with the Rocky Mountaineer from Calgary to Vancouver prior to the cruise.

Fingers and toes crossed, but being realistic that these trips will remain on our bucket lists for a bit longer.

Stay safe everyone.

Kay

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Immediately had to have a chuckle....the process goes on no matter what.  Take heart...your next cruise is right around the corner....sometime in the future and worth looking forward to......LOL.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

At least now you know ordering luggage tags works. Received a bunch of Emails from Celebrity last night that Celebrity has cancelled all our SD reservations and cancelled our shore excisions and added those charges back to our OBC in our CP  for our 28 March and 4 April B2B Summit cruise. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1