When is Carnival going to extend the cancellation period?

I am booked on the Magic April 19. I know I’m not going because...umm..let’s see. I’m Canadian, the borders are closing tomorrow, and there’s no way this will be close to being over by April 10 and Carnival knows it. I think they are waiting until the March 31 deadline so we all have to cancel and take a FCC then they will cancel our cruises and get out of giving a refund. I’m not okay with that. Anyone else agree that this is what is going on? 

I wish they would extend the cancellation date as well! Currently booked on the 10 April sailing of Spirit from Hawaii to Vancouver. Carnival keeps telling people that they're looking into workarounds for our sailing (especially considering it's supposed to sail from Australia to Hawaii for our portion of the Transpacific - and that sailing was cancelled), but I kind of wish they'd just cancel the darn thing with all of the uncertainty regarding ports and flights. 

1 hour ago, vwrestler171 said:

Just because Canada won't let you travel, doesn't mean that Carnival needs to cancel.  

Well Carnival can’t dock at an Canadian ports until a least the end of July which affects all Alaskan cruises and eastern Canada. Canadians and Europeans can’t enter USA to take a cruise, its very unlikely any Caribbean islands are going to allow docking 3 weeks from now considering this virus is just taking its hold down there, anyone with a lick of common sense knows that things are not going to improve within the next few weeks. And carnival knows. They just don’t want to give refunds. 

I agree with you and I would not put it past them to do this based on how poorly and stubbornly they've dealt with this situation so far. Their revised/extended cancellation policy seems to conveniently avoid clearly mentioning deadlines for cash refunds vs. FCC. This convoluted and almost deliberate lack of transparency, (On the phone, online) is why i'll probably never sail with them again. I'm Canadian and booked for a sailing out of NYC at the end of May. We're definitely cancelling before March 31st, but just waiting for them to announce full refunds for May bookings in the next few days. If they don't, I'm going to fight for my deposit to be refunded in cash and not FCC as well. Better to cancel now, get most of your money back, and then hound them if they try to hold your deposit. It's just not worth the risk for us at this point, (Border crossing, possible quarantine, altered itineraries, exchange rates, health etc.) I was told by a Carnival rep. on the phone that there is some sort of "form" we can fill out to explain our situation as non-U.S citizens but I can't find it. If anyone else has, let me know.

I wouldnt expect them to announce cancellations before march 31.

If you are sure it will be cancelled, what's the hurry. 

Boards quiet these days while many of us wait.

I've seen they are sending cruise workers home and talking of sending carnival ships to ny. Clearly the next 30 days cancellations will be announced before april 10th. I'm sure  you say you are sure.

If you choose to cancel you will get the 100% fcc as it states and have no basis to complain other than impatience. 

Patience grasshoppers 

4 hours ago, dougygreen said:

I agree with you and I would not put it past them to do this based on how poorly and stubbornly they've dealt with this situation so far. Their revised/extended cancellation policy seems to conveniently avoid clearly mentioning deadlines for cash refunds vs. FCC. This convoluted and almost deliberate lack of transparency, (On the phone, online) is why i'll probably never sail with them again. I'm Canadian and booked for a sailing out of NYC at the end of May. We're definitely cancelling before March 31st, but just waiting for them to announce full refunds for May bookings in the next few days. If they don't, I'm going to fight for my deposit to be refunded in cash and not FCC as well. Better to cancel now, get most of your money back, and then hound them if they try to hold your deposit. It's just not worth the risk for us at this point, (Border crossing, possible quarantine, altered itineraries, exchange rates, health etc.) I was told by a Carnival rep. on the phone that there is some sort of "form" we can fill out to explain our situation as non-U.S citizens but I can't find it. If anyone else has, let me know.

Thanks. If anyone knows where this form is, please share. I’m going to call this weekend in and get to the bottom of it. 

Folks, this is nothing new. The cruise lines always wait until the last minute before they cancel a cruise. 

Just wait it out. We all know that April cruises aren't going to happen.  

Hopefully,  you have travel insurance that will cover any issues with any flights not booked through Carnival. 

I cancelled a Norway fjords cruise yesterday since it was 92 days out from its sail date.  I didn't want to wait for Carnival to cancel since that might come around 30 days out.

Except for the deposit and an Amex promotion, I paid 80% of the fare with discounted AARP gift cards, and Carnival will give me that amount back in non expiring gift card.  By being over 90 days out and having used gift cards for the fare I avoided the restrictions of a FCC.