Urgent - Ruby Princess 3 people infected - Urgent Tracking of Passengers

1 minute ago, Pushka said:

I'm sorry that it ended that way. Normally it takes forever to get off so this is certainly strange. No wonder the conspiracy theories have oxygen. 

1 minute ago, Pushka said:

I'm sorry that it ended that way. Normally it takes forever to get off so this is certainly strange. No wonder the conspiracy theories have oxygen. 

When I posted these exact feelings a week ago, plus asking another passenger if the mater of the ship was at the champagne glasses thingy on formal night..I got knocked off 2 posts..The same posts you were knocked off.  I felt something was wrong  late Wednesday. I was up at passenger service till 12:30 am..had no ticket home due to a big mistake from head office. Had me booked on a non flight, that I found out myself on my own computer.  When I asked to be put up in hotel I was told no Sydney hotel would take us.  Go to airport and wait.  My confirmation for a flight was slipped under my door at 7am Thursday

• Like 2

Another 8 people tested positive in SA today due to Covid, bringing Ruby total up to 61 out of a total of 287 in our state. Over 20% of our cases in Sth Aust are from Ruby and just in the past week. Another 6 days to go. 

As at 3:00pm on 28 March 2020, there have been 3,635 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia. There have been 469 new cases since 3:00pm yesterday.

Of the 3,635 confirmed cases in Australia, 14 have died from COVID-19. More than 202,000 tests have been conducted across Australia.

Confirmed cases*

Australian Capital Territory

New South Wales

Northern Territory

Queensland

South Australia

Tasmania

Victoria

Western Australia

Total**

• * Note that under National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System reporting requirements, cases are reported based on their Australian jurisdiction of residence rather than where they were detected. For example, a case reported previously in the NT in a NSW resident is counted in the national figures as a NSW case.
  • ** Includes Diamond Princess repatriation cases: Qld (3), SA (1), Vic (4), WA (2, including 1 death)

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

So far, 171 people in NSW and at least 122 interstate have been diagnosed with Covid-19 after they left the Ruby Princess cruise ship. 

Apparently 1 in 7 cases are from a cruise ship.

And there is still another week to go. Let alone anyone they may have been in contact with. On planes. Taxis etc. 

2 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

We docked at 1 am and first passengers walked off at 7 am.  Ship cleared by 10/10:15am

1am is certainly early to dock, but the first passengers would usually walk off around 7am with full disembarkation finished by 10.30am. I don't see a 'conspiracy' in the timing.

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

When I posted these exact feelings a week ago, plus asking another passenger if the mater of the ship was at the champagne glasses thingy on formal night..I got knocked off 2 posts..The same posts you were knocked off.  I felt something was wrong  late Wednesday. I was up at passenger service till 12:30 am..had no ticket home due to a big mistake from head office. Had me booked on a non flight, that I found out myself on my own computer.  When I asked to be put up in hotel I was told no Sydney hotel would take us.  Go to airport and wait.  My confirmation for a flight was slipped under my door at 7am Thursday

On an earlier post you said that the Master of the ship wasn't at the champagne glasses event on the formal night just before arriving in Sydney. On every Princess cruise I have been on (more than 40), the champagne waterfall event is on the first formal night, usually the second night at sea. That is when the Captain and senior officers make their formal appearance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

1am is certainly early to dock, but the first passengers would usually walk off around 7am with full disembarkation finished by 10.30am. I don't see a 'conspiracy' in the timing.

I agree, that's standard timing for Princess apart from the arrival time - and that may have been weather-related, high winds possibly. I can't remember what date she docked though.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

On every Princess cruise I have been on (more than 40), the champagne waterfall event is on the first formal night, usually the second night at sea. That is when the Captain and senior officers make their formal appearance

On our Ruby cruise - 24/2 to 8/3 - the Master of the ship was referred to as Commodore something (Italian I’m pretty sure) - usual Captain may have been on leave.  
His absence and silence was very notable our whole itinerary. We  didn’t go to the champagne waterfall, tho it was on the first formal night on that cruise, so can’t say if he was at that one 🤔

6 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

On our Ruby cruise - 24/2 to 8/3 - the Master of the ship was referred to as Commodore something (Italian I’m pretty sure) - usual Captain may have been on leave.  
His absence and silence was very notable our whole itinerary. We  didn’t go to the champagne waterfall, tho it was on the first formal night on that cruise, so can’t say if he was at that one 🤔

Princess' most senior Captain has the title of Commodore. I can't remember who it is at the moment, although I can remember a cruise a couple of years ago that was the Commodore's retirement cruise. He chose to do it on the Sea Princess.

The only time we usually see the captain is at the champagne waterfall on the first formal night, the Captain's cocktail parties and the Captain's lunch. Some Captains present the noon talk, and others leave it to one of their officers.

I was responding to Brandee's implication that the Captain deliberately stayed away from the Champagne event on the formal night just before the end of the cruise, maybe because he knew there was something wrong on the cruise. With due respect to Brandee, I don't go along with this conspiracy theory 🙂.

Edited by Aus Traveller

8 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I agree, that's standard timing for Princess apart from the arrival time - and that may have been weather-related, high winds possibly. I can't remember what date she docked though.

We docked 1 am Thursday, March 19.  When we turned around from Napier and came through the Cook channel, think that is what is called, we were really steaming ahead at close to 19/20 knots in very rough seas for almost two days.  The third day was at a much slower pace and very smooth. Captain told us on Wednesday that we would dock at 1 am and not cleared to disembark until 7am.  Which is a regular time to disembark.  Never saw an ambulance for the very sick passenger,but wasn't looking since we had no idea anyone was sick.

8 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Princess' most senior Captain has the title of Commodore. I can't remember who it is at the moment, although I can remember a cruise a couple of years ago that was the Commodore's retirement cruise. He chose to do it on the Sea Princess.

The only time we usually see the captain is at the champagne waterfall on the first formal night, the Captain's cocktail parties and the Captain's lunch. Some Captains present the noon talk, and others leave it to one of their officers.

I was responding to Brandee's implication that the Captain deliberately stayed away from the Champagne event on the formal night just before the end of the cruise, maybe because he knew there was something wrong on the cruise. With due respect to Brandee, I don't go along with this conspiracy theory 🙂.

The March 8th sailing of the Ruby was the Commodore's retiring sailing.  He was to disembark on Saturday, March 21 and go home to Italy.(Well the crew felt bad for him because he actually couldn't)  When the Commodore did not show up at the Captain's Cocktail Party, many of us jokingly said , he probably didn't want to get sick so he could get off.  In retrospect, just strange . Remember, passengers were being reassured that we were a very healthy ship.  I have sailed with Commodore Pomata many times and he's usually a very visible captain. He gave us our noon position/weather talks and he also notified us of our turning back.  Our Cruise Director gave all other notices..everyone could understand him ,lol.  I'm sure there was no malice..just coincident..but. 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The only time we usually see the captain is at the champagne waterfall on the first formal night, the Captain's cocktail parties and the Captain's lunch. Some Captains present the noon talk, and others leave it to one of their officers

Aware of this, however this Captain/Commodore was totally absent. No noon talks, (by him or his officers) - nothing!! Brandee is correct about this Master, there was something a bit odd going on!!

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

When the Commodore did not show up at the Captain's Cocktail Party, many of us jokingly said , he probably didn't want to get sick so he could get off. 

Let’s hope then that the reason he wasn’t visible / available wasn't the virus.
With the numbers affected from your cruise, and probably his age, we wish him all the best with his health and retirement.

22 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Let’s hope then that the reason he wasn’t visible / available wasn't the virus.
With the numbers affected from your cruise, and probably his age, we wish him all the best with his health and retirement.

I'm really sure that he was probably so busy trying to figure out where to go when he left the ship and also, probably trying to keep tabs on his family at home in Italy.  We were told he was busy piloting the ship away from a cyclone to the north, that is why he did not make the Captain's Cocktail party.  Of course, he wanted to get off and home to his loved ones in hard hit Italy. We were just joking that we never saw him. Then when ***** hit the fan..you start to rethink. He is now in quarantine with the crew off the coat of Sydney..I guess.

It is wrong of me to sit here and judge without all the information, but seems we are all doing it now. Can't believe the story about the British woman who left the Ruby on March 19..followed the instructions given to us by the Australian Government regarding international travelers and now she is being branded a liar and terrorist, saw on tv she is getting death threats.  

14 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Commodore is the title Princess give to the most senior Captain in their fleet.

My parents sailed with him recently around NZ, and thought he was absolutely terrible.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. And the 1 a.m. would just be the urgency of the  situation and it was not a scheduled arrival - they had to flee NZ as borders were closed there - as had a number of other countries - so the mindset was not to leisurely do some scenic cruising and take your time, but just clear pax as soon as possible and get them to home soil - as air borders and flights were also ceasing.

1 hour ago, megsie said:

Tasmania has 4 more positives today relating to cruising Ovation of the Seas - 3 and Voyager - 1.

Fortunately they were observing quarantine isolation at home. 

Poor Tassie, being an island (often left off the map) hasn't helped her remain free of the virus.  Same with Aust being an island - biggest numbers from cruise ships and people from abroad.  I think more people are getting the message now how vital self guarantine is. I'm curious the low numbers for say Ovation and Voyager versus the high numbers for Ruby.  This virus is so fast moving, it is hard to keep up.

Without the quarantine for everyone, it will still spread.

Unfortunately, there are mixed messages, some people are doing the right thing, others are not or cannot and that means the spread will continue, just at a slower rate.

Eventually, the community will build up an immunity but at what cost, how many deaths are acceptable.

23 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Can't believe the story about the British woman who left the Ruby on March 19..followed the instructions given to us by the Australian Government regarding international travelers and now she is being branded a liar and terrorist, saw on tv she is getting death threats.  

This is new - have not seen this over here, that is tragic 🤔

Nothing like a bit of sensationalising by the Press to take ones mind off the virus 🙄

• Like 1