Jump to content

The Daily for Friday Mar 20, 2020 fka Fleet Report


Recommended Posts

today is International Earth Day

ms Eurodam    Pacific Ocean    Destination Puerto V    
ms Koningsdam    Atlantic Ocean    southwest of Montserrat heading southeast 
ms Nieuw Amsterdam    Laid Up    west of Great Stirru    Bahamas
ms Nieuw Statendam    Laid Up    west of Great Stirru    Bahamas
ms Oosterdam    at anchor    off Cabo San Lucas M    
ms Rotterdam    Parked    Puerto Vallarta MX    
ms Veendam    Laid Up    west of Great Stirru    Bahamas
ms Volendam    Fort Lauderdale        
Web Cam   https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/
Web Cam   https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/
ms Zaandam    with Pax Pacific Ocean    Service Call Valparaso, Chile   
ms Zuiderdam    Laid Up    west of Great Stirru    Bahamas


Eastern Hemisphere:
ms Amsterdam    with pax at sea    Indian Ocean    Feemantle
ms Maasdam    with pax at sea    Indian Ocean    Honolulu svc call
ms Noordam    at sea    Hauraki Sea east of    Auckland NZ
ms Westerdam    at sea    Pacific Ocean destin    Puerto Vallarta MX

 

Latest from HAL

Quote

 


AMSTERDAM: Holland America Line has received permission to disembark Grand World Voyage guests in Fremantle, Australia for flights home, despite recently announced restrictions. Amsterdam will now arrive one day earlier, March 21 around 8:00 a.m. local time to allow an extra day for more flight options for those still needing to finalize their air. The ship will remain alongside until the 23rd. We are assisting any guest that wishes with their air arrangements. Free internet and phone are available. Due to local restrictions, once a guest has left the ship they will not be able to return. As such, we will only be conducting disembarkation and are not able to offer shore visits.

 

Edited by richwmn
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, richwmn said:

today is International Earth Day

ms Eurodam    Pacific Ocean    Destination Puerto V    
ms Koningsdam    Atlantic Ocean    southwest of Montserrat heading southeast 
ms Nieuw Amsterdam    Laid Up    west of Great Stirru    Bahamas
ms Nieuw Statendam    Laid Up    west of Great Stirru    Bahamas
ms Oosterdam    at anchor    off Cabo San Lucas M    
ms Rotterdam    Parked    Puerto Vallarta MX    
ms Veendam    Laid Up    west of Great Stirru    Bahamas
ms Volendam    Fort Lauderdale        
Web Cam   https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/
Web Cam   https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/
ms Zaandam    with Pax Pacific Ocean    Service Call Valparaso, Chile   
ms Zuiderdam    Laid Up    west of Great Stirru    Bahamas


Eastern Hemisphere:
ms Amsterdam    with pax at sea    Indian Ocean    Feemantle
ms Maasdam    with pax at sea    Indian Ocean    Honolulu svc call
ms Noordam    at sea    Hauraki Sea east of    Auckland NZ
ms Westerdam    at sea    Pacific Ocean destin    Puerto Vallarta MX

 

Latest from HAL

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-20/wa-coronavirus-cases-jump-as-cruise-ship-lockdown-announced/12075846

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! I appreciate your taking the time to add other news. I always enjoyed the Fleet Report, I never expected it to take on the role it has now. Thank you!

 

It is a good day to celebrate Mother Earth, who is getting a nice break from pollution in congested areas.

 

Stay well, everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report.  Earth Day, a time to appreciate the planet we're on, despite all the difficulties going on right now.  Stay well everyone!

 

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning all!

❤️HAPPY EARTH DAY❤️

First day of STAY AT HOME here in San Diego!

Thank goodness our amount of covid19 

is  109 all from military at Miramar and a few clusters of families . Thank goodness 

down at the beach area where we live things are good!  I sure hope everyone here does adhere to the advisory from our Governor.

Take care all! So happy we have our THE DAILY to go to!

Thankyou Rich!

Denise😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, richwmn said:

sorry, fumble fingers, fixed

Thanks.

 

I managed to resist my urge to post in every thread I could find that had it misspelled. Maybe I should search for the correct spelling to feel better about it. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Himself said:

The Koningsdam is on the scheduled voyage to the Pacific and up to Vancouver. When she gets up North I wonder if she stays off the coast near Cabo?

 

I have a feeling that, for now, K-dam will stay somewhere in the Carib, Father. Many ports will be closed off for her on her planned trip around the Horn

Link to post
Share on other sites

On our news last night we were told that pollution is low in what were once heavily-polluted cities because of the downturn in traffic on the roads.  Good for Mother Earth!

 

Thank you for the report, Rich.  I wonder if any of the ships will leave the Bahamas to become hospital or quarantine ships?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

 

I have a feeling that, for now, K-dam will stay somewhere in the Carib, Father. Many ports will be closed off for her on her planned trip around the Horn

John:  This is one big mess.  Hasn't the K'DAM already left the Caribbean for the Atlantic ocean?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Himself said:

John:  This is one big mess.  Hasn't the K'DAM already left the Caribbean for the Atlantic ocean?  

 

The other way around, Father. She was in the Atlantic and now is in the Caribbean Sea west of Dominica

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...