Jump to content

Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, babbdawg said:

@treehugr We received the refund back to our MasterCard in 2 days. Now that the US has suspended all cruising indefinitely that may also help to receive refunds. I live in Canada and our Prime Minister has said we will not return to "Normalcy" until we have an effective Vaccine for Covid-19.  Canadian Ports could be closed for a long time.

Congrats...hoping we all have as successful outcomes as you have. Happy Easter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Argo. said:

We are still waiting for a partial refund due from Silhouette sailing of March 6th-15th. which I thought would be initiated by Celebrity on March 7th.

However I reached out to Celebrity again since it is now over a month.  For those seeking an email connection, I received a response:

email: CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

 

"Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises in regard to your refund.

We apologize for the delay in receiving your refund. We are working diligently to process your refund at this time. As we have an unusually high amount of refunds that we are processing, please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your refund. Although we are unable to expedite this process, we assure you that the refund is forth coming and will be processed as expeditiously as possible.

In looking at your reservation , I can confirm the accounting department is working on a refund

..we appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times. If you have further questions or concerns, please call us at 844-418-6824. "

 

I hope this helps...

 

Is that a special phone line or the same one we use to contact the Cruise Planners/ Cancellers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, cruisingator2 said:

We were due to board the Millie tomorrow for our B2B. A TA on the RCI board stated that they were told on Friday by a RCI rep that refunds were being processed for refunds on the sail date of each particular cruise. We shall see if that’s the case. 

Don't hold your breath.    My 3/14 I have not gotten a refund or FCC, but I did get a FCC for my 3/21 and 3/28 cruises but no Refund of Upgrade and Port charges yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last evening I logged on to my Celebrity account and saw that our cruise scheduled for April 13 departure still looked active.  I had logged on because I wanted to confirm that our TA had cancelled it and asked for a refund.  I decided to call Celebrity expecting a long wait but someone answered my call in less than 30 seconds.  He said to ignore the active status as those cruises with announced closures were automitacally closed but it doesnt show.  He said that he couldnt do much for me since my reservation was done by a TA but did confirm that she had cancelled it on March 26 and asked for a refund.  He said that it was being processed and would take 30-45 days to complete.  Like most of you I dont have anything in writing from the TA or Celebrity.  Just have to wait and hope.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of interesting comments on this thread. My wife and I were on a B2B on Solstice when the second leg, sailing March 20, was cancelled(March 18), as well as some shore excursions on the first leg. The shore excursions cancelled from the first leg were credited to my Visa pretty quickly. When I called, March 23 to ask for a refund for the second leg I was told 10-14 days to credit my Visa. When the 14 days were up I sent an email and got an automated response that it might take a week for a reply. I called again and a young man told me my credit had been processed and it should be with my bank but the banks were busy so it could take the bank a couple of days.  I talked to the bank yesterday and they had no record of it. I got the reply to my email indicating my credit would appear in 10-14 days.  RCCL( Celebrity parent) just drew down $3.4billion from two lines of credit. I hope this delayed credit card processing isn’t a precursor to something more severe. Their staff should be providing consistent and credible responses. That’s not happening. I am not confident Celebrity is being transparent and forthright with us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sticks5315 said:

Lots of interesting comments on this thread. My wife and I were on a B2B on Solstice when the second leg, sailing March 20, was cancelled(March 18), as well as some shore excursions on the first leg. The shore excursions cancelled from the first leg were credited to my Visa pretty quickly. When I called, March 23 to ask for a refund for the second leg I was told 10-14 days to credit my Visa. When the 14 days were up I sent an email and got an automated response that it might take a week for a reply. I called again and a young man told me my credit had been processed and it should be with my bank but the banks were busy so it could take the bank a couple of days.  I talked to the bank yesterday and they had no record of it. I got the reply to my email indicating my credit would appear in 10-14 days.  RCCL( Celebrity parent) just drew down $3.4billion from two lines of credit. I hope this delayed credit card processing isn’t a precursor to something more severe. Their staff should be providing consistent and credible responses. That’s not happening. I am not confident Celebrity is being transparent and forthright with us. 


I am 100% in agreement with you. The timelines keep shifting and the excuses are growing. I know this is a huge new problem but shame on these companies for playing with thousands of people’s hard earned dollars. We waited 30 days then disputed via our credit card companies cause I’m not waiting around to continue sorting through all this BS. 
I highly recommend anyone dealing with this dispute with your credit card companies as soon as possible. There is no penalty to you and worst case scenario, you lose the dispute. Doesn’t cost you anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sticks5315 said:

Lots of interesting comments on this thread. My wife and I were on a B2B on Solstice when the second leg, sailing March 20, was cancelled(March 18), as well as some shore excursions on the first leg. The shore excursions cancelled from the first leg were credited to my Visa pretty quickly. When I called, March 23 to ask for a refund for the second leg I was told 10-14 days to credit my Visa. When the 14 days were up I sent an email and got an automated response that it might take a week for a reply. I called again and a young man told me my credit had been processed and it should be with my bank but the banks were busy so it could take the bank a couple of days.  I talked to the bank yesterday and they had no record of it. I got the reply to my email indicating my credit would appear in 10-14 days.  RCCL( Celebrity parent) just drew down $3.4billion from two lines of credit. I hope this delayed credit card processing isn’t a precursor to something more severe. Their staff should be providing consistent and credible responses. That’s not happening. I am not confident Celebrity is being transparent and forthright with us. 

We filed a dispute with our CC for those very reasons. To many inconsistent responses with one goal it seems...to stall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, treehugr said:

We filed a dispute with our CC for those very reasons. To many inconsistent responses with one goal it seems...to stall. 

So if the Cc lists 60 days, is that counting from final payment? If so, I’m over 60 days😟 I just sent my credit card an email with the problem and hopefully they can assist me as to what to do. Like everybody else, Celebrity keeps pushing the days of the refund out. Promises promises 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cjcruiser27 said:

So if the Cc lists 60 days, is that counting from final payment? If so, I’m over 60 days😟 I just sent my credit card an email with the problem and hopefully they can assist me as to what to do. Like everybody else, Celebrity keeps pushing the days of the refund out. Promises promises 

Ours (BofA) was 100 days and we were a few over that. We had friends sailing with us that filed a dispute with Discover (60 days?) and they had no problem. We filed ours on 4/10 and got our confirmation email from BofA this morning they are currently researching. Hoping our outcome is like so many others that filed their CC disputes with a quick resolution. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, treehugr said:

Ours (BofA) was 100 days and we were a few over that. We had friends sailing with us that filed a dispute with Discover (60 days?) and they had no problem. We filed ours on 4/10 and got our confirmation email from BofA this morning they are currently researching. Hoping our outcome is like so many others that filed their CC disputes with a quick resolution. 

Thanks. I just talked to Celebrity this morning and mine has not been processed yet. They told me back in mid March to expect a refund in 14 business days. Since then, emails received stating different stories. She told me this morning, that it would be 4-6 more weeks. She said they are delayed because they can only process so many per day, otherwise the system his bogged down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjcruiser27 said:

So if the Cc lists 60 days, is that counting from final payment? If so, I’m over 60 days😟 I just sent my credit card an email with the problem and hopefully they can assist me as to what to do. Like everybody else, Celebrity keeps pushing the days of the refund out. Promises promises 

We did not dispute our purchase but a promised refund which they claimed was sent back to the credit card..untrue,  no issue on the dispute being accepted. Once filed we got our refund right away..!

Link to post
Share on other sites

P.s.  I  am not sure if it was the dispute that was successfully investigated so quickly or perhaps a notice to X  that shook it loose or coincidence??? 

 

Any thoughts ????

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cjcruiser27 said:

Thanks. I just talked to Celebrity this morning and mine has not been processed yet. They told me back in mid March to expect a refund in 14 business days. Since then, emails received stating different stories. She told me this morning, that it would be 4-6 more weeks. She said they are delayed because they can only process so many per day, otherwise the system his bogged down.

I think the conflicting / constantly evolving messages X is given has led to this rise in CC disputes. From my perspective, X has a credibility problem and I can't trust them with my money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, treehugr said:

I think the conflicting / constantly evolving messages X is given has led to this rise in CC disputes. From my perspective, X has a credibility problem and I can't trust them with my money.

And it seems not all the reps are on the same page about the process and procedures.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hcat said:

P.s.  I  am not sure if it was the dispute that was successfully investigated so quickly or perhaps a notice to X  that shook it loose or coincidence??? 

 

Any thoughts ????

After reading many of the post on this thread, I'm more inclined to believe it was the dispute. The rep that I spoke with at BofA, didn't appear like my dispute was something she wasn't familiar with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, treehugr said:

After reading many of the post on this thread, I'm more inclined to believe it was the dispute. The rep that I spoke with at BofA, didn't appear like my dispute was something she wasn't familiar with. 

I disputed with BOA last Sunday for my Edge 03/29 cruise and I'm still waiting on a refund. I requested a refund the day they cancelled the cruise on 03/13/20. Four weeks and still nothing. I called the other day and they're stating it's 30 BUSINESS days not calendar days. Sooooo frustrating! If it was only a few hundred dollars I would be very patient and not even worried but we're all waiting on thousands and thousands of dollars.  Airlines were able to refund within days so I find it appalling it's taking this long. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading thru these recent comments does get you wondering what is really going on.  I cancelled our BTB Apex cruises the day after they extended their cruise cancellations thru May 12th asking for the refunds. Counting the flights thru Celebrity I have $21K "hanging out there".

The anxiety is ramping up but I'll give them another 10-14 days before I take it to the CC bank.  😞

Edited by 2morecruises
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hcat said:

We did not dispute our purchase but a promised refund which they claimed was sent back to the credit card..untrue,  no issue on the dispute being accepted. Once filed we got our refund right away..!

So 30 days from the Original refund date?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2morecruises said:

Reading thru these recent comments does get you wondering what is really going on.  I cancelled our BTB Apex cruises the day after they extended their cruise cancellations thru May 12th asking for the refunds. Counting the flights thru Celebrity I have $21K "hanging out there".

The anxiety is ramping up but I'll give them another 10-14 days before I take it to the CC bank.  😞

Wow!! That’s a lot “hanging out there”😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CCHelp changed the title to Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...