Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

36 minutes ago, mnocket said:

That's how I understand it.  I was actually thinking about US customers who use a TA.  Perhaps this doesn't apply to them?  Do refunds for US customers go through their TA or are they sent directly?

Refunds for US customers, whether booked thru a TA or direct with X, go directly to the credit card used for the booking.  I don’t know how it works if you made multiple payments via different cards but it will always come directly to you the customer, not the TA.

Spoke with my TA and she said 60-90 days for refunds to start coming in.  I chose FCC and when they sent me a confirmation they only were giving back 100% so she was trying to get through to them to change it to 125%.  She also said the taxes and fees, port charges should be returned in a check.  Who knows, nothing like this has happened before, very sad situation for all of us.😢

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Refunds for US customers, whether booked thru a TA or direct with X, go directly to the credit card used for the booking.  I don’t know how it works if you made multiple payments via different cards but it will always come directly to you the customer, not the TA.

Thanks.  good to know there isn't an issue.

Don't have a clue where our refund is or when we will get it from Celebrity.     I'm sure that it will come as a relief to you, however,  to hear that Celebrity is still sending our luggage tags for cruises that they cancelled weeks ago.    Today we received luggage tags for our cancelled April 24th TA on the Reflection, for a SECOND time.    We requested and received the only set that we requested probably 6 weeks ago.   Now, weeks after Celebrity cancelled the cruise, they sent us a second set.   Go figure

☹️

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I booked through a travel agent as well.  However, the money was charged to my credit card and should be credited back to my credit card.

Mine is charged to my credit card in the name of the travel agent. Any refund from Celebrity goes to them and then is credited back to me via my credit card

36 minutes ago, jerryd1 said:

Don't have a clue where our refund is or when we will get it from Celebrity.     I'm sure that it will come as a relief to you, however,  to hear that Celebrity is still sending our luggage tags for cruises that they cancelled weeks ago.    Today we received luggage tags for our cancelled April 24th TA on the Reflection, for a SECOND time.    We requested and received the only set that we requested probably 6 weeks ago.   Now, weeks after Celebrity cancelled the cruise, they sent us a second set.   Go figure

☹️

I wonder if they've fully cancelled this cruise internally, or have dropped the ball entirely. 

For those filing BofA disputes, they're best done online, for quick correspondence.  I lost a claim once, because they sent the forms out on a Monday, first class, requiring it back by the following Monday.  If is too late to convert, I would check your mail everyday, filled out the forms immediately, and overnight it back.

I had a call yesterday from Celebrity and I was told our refunds were being processed. When we booked the first cruise, back in the stone age, we had an Amex card that later went into fraud, so we were given a new suffix.  She told me that the deposit had, by law, to go to that card.  It doesn't matter that it doesn't exist any more.  The rest (final payment) will go to the card with the new suffix.  Then the other cruise that we added on later is on a Canadian Card.  I do hope they can get this all straight and that I get what I feel they owe me.

The luggage tag thing is such a joke.  We got a set of tags for the second cruise (B2B) which arrived here when we were sailing on the first leg!!  We got 2 sets for the first leg.  Why can't they organize it better?

4 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I had a call yesterday from Celebrity and I was told our refunds were being processed. When we booked the first cruise, back in the stone age, we had an Amex card that later went into fraud, so we were given a new suffix.  She told me that the deposit had, by law, to go to that card.  It doesn't matter that it doesn't exist any more.  The rest (final payment) will go to the card with the new suffix.  Then the other cruise that we added on later is on a Canadian Card.  I do hope they can get this all straight and that I get what I feel they owe me.

I've had this issues before (and long before COVID issues).  If your bank re-issued a card, you'll be fine.  When the merchant refunds to the defunct card number, the bank recognizes it as connected to your current account, and all transfers over. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

I had a call yesterday from Celebrity and I was told our refunds were being processed. 

Is this for the March 30th cruise?  I think you were on the one previous to this cruise. I remember seeing you on the roll call.  They keep pushing my refund date out.  Nobody seems to be on the same page with the dates.

8 hours ago, TeaBag said:

The luggage tag thing is such a joke.  We got a set of tags for the second cruise (B2B) which arrived here when we were sailing on the first leg!!  We got 2 sets for the first leg.  Why can't they organize it better?

Your old credit card number is still valid and linked to your current card.

This is in case any legitimate company charges against it - perhaps on an annual renewal or indeed like this a refund. 

9 hours ago, newcruiserdave said:

Does anyone have the internet link to request refund on cancelled cruise.  The letter is on the website for cruises through June 11, but the link is not active.  Anyone from the previous set of cancellations have the link?

•  

https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C&_ga=2.50540333.500354824.1587108210-1652893790.1585652507

15 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

Yes that’s about correct, we have a scheme called ATOL which steps in for refunds if the TA goes bankrupt. If you book via a TA in the U.K. you pay the TA who then pays the various Air and cruise fares. Therefore waiting for the cruise company and airline to reimburse the TA who will then refund us. Long winded but safer if the TA goes bankrupt. But you are also correct re cruise fares going down, we cannot cancel and re book without losing deposit. 

Also worth noting for any other UK guests, is that there are 2 other options.

The first is a chargeback. The CC company will look to reimburse the card holder for any shortfall in goods or services bought and not provided. This has to be initiated within 120 days of the card holder being aware of a problem. This process is not enforceable in law.

The second option is called a section 75 and is protection in law which makes the credit card company jointly liable for any shortfall in goods or services not provided. It also applies for online or foreign currency transactions. I believe there is a 540 day time limit on initiating it.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:34 PM, Tigrou said:

I don't believe this is correct.  My understanding is that there is no time limit for making a claim under Section 75.

Many UK websites offer information on how to claim under S75, none that I've looked at make any mention of a 100 day limit.

Spoke to my credit card company Nationwide in the UK who stated to claim  a charge back it was 120 days from the 1st day of holiday/cruise. 

5 minutes ago, Saucie said:

Spoke to my credit card company Nationwide in the UK who stated to claim  a charge back it was 120 days from the 1st day of holiday/cruise. 

Charge back is for debit cards, not credit cards and is different from Section 75 which is for credit cards.  Section 75 does not appear to have any time limit.

Many UK websites have the full details, eg Money Saving Expert.

10 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

Charge back is for debit cards, not credit cards and is different from Section 75 which is for credit cards.  Section 75 does not appear to have any time limit.

It’s definitely a credit card we used and that is what Nationwide told me this week. 

1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

Im sorry, I believe you are mistaken. In the UK chargeback is an option for Credit cards, as well as Debit and Charge cards. You are correct, insomuch, that Section 75 only applies to credit cards.

18 hours ago, treehugr said:

Got a standard "we're currently reviewing your claim" letter from BofA today. When we filed the claim we were told we would also receive questions to fill out, along with a request to provide additional documents. This letter made no such mention of additional questions, nor a request for additional documents needed.

By the time we received the "we are reviewing your claim " letter from BOA ,  we had mailed  in the the documentation  requested by the tel rep,   & our refund had posted. Shortly after it was noted in the message section of our BOA account that the claim was resolved.

For our second dispute, the credit was on the card before we even mailed the documentation.  So still wondering if Celeb gets immed notice of a dispute and it pushes things out?? Or just that the  X refund hit at around the 33  to 35 day mark.

We have a third  deposit refund request pending with X  but will wait 45 days to see what happens.

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

By the time we received the "we are reviewing your claim " letter from BOA ,  we had mailed  in the the documentation  requested by the tel rep,   & our refund had posted. Shortly after it was noted in the message section of our BOA account that the claim was resolved.

@hcat- If you don't mind me inquiring, who did you mail your documentation to? Particular department? I have a claim number without an address to send anything to. 

1 hour ago, treehugr said:

@hcat- If you don't mind me inquiring, who did you mail your documentation to? Particular department? I have a claim number without an address to send anything to. 

We were asked to fax but do not have one at home. 

Mail address we were given is:

BOA Credit Claims

P.O. Box 982234

El Paso Tx 79998-2234