Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

3 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

So, if Celebrity is paying the TAs their commissions on these canceled cruised why shouldn't the TA be kicking something back to us?

Never happens on cancelled cruises.  I had a paid in full cruise which I cancelled 2 days prior to sailing due to death of my father.  Not only did the NH TA not provide the OBC they still charged the $50 pp cancellation fee.  After a letter expressing my complaints they subsequently gave me $100 extra OBC on a subsequent cruise.  That experience and a couple of other things had me move away from that TA soon after.

I don't begrudge my current TA the "extra" commission on this one as he has done quite a lot of work for me in these tough times.  Long wait times with Celebrity to do a Lift & Shift plus a reprice of a B2B.

3 hours ago, Blazerboy said:

Just got my refund from our cancelled Summit cruise (not) sailing  4-25-20.

I must admit that I was getting frustrated, but posts here kept announcing refunds for sail dates leading up to mine, giving me hope! 

Thanks, everyone!  

Andrew

And I continue to be amazed!!!!  My April 12th cruise was cancelled and I am still waiting for over $4,700 to be retuned to me.

57 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Never happens on cancelled cruises.  I had a paid in full cruise which I cancelled 2 days prior to sailing due to death of my father.  Not only did the NH TA not provide the OBC they still charged the $50 pp cancellation fee.  After a letter expressing my complaints they subsequently gave me $100 extra OBC on a subsequent cruise.  That experience and a couple of other things had me move away from that TA soon after.

I don't begrudge my current TA the "extra" commission on this one as he has done quite a lot of work for me in these tough times.  Long wait times with Celebrity to do a Lift & Shift plus a reprice of a B2B.

I get it if I am the one to cancel but in this case it was Celebrity that canceled and paid the commission.  I have been using that NJ agent for a few years now but their service has fallen off so I am thinking it time for a change anyway.

4 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

And I continue to be amazed!!!!  My April 12th cruise was cancelled and I am still waiting for over $4,700 to be retuned to me.

My April 25 cruise is still to be refunded. For what it's worth my TA said  that Celebrity had advised that they expected cruises up until end April to be refunded by end May. Who knows the truth though?

14 minutes ago, leck57 said:

5 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

We had April 12 crusie too.  Received partial refund on May 6.  Still waiting for remaining $1100.

Edited by twentyknots
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Hi,

Don't be too "amazed". I am still waiting for an April 5 cruise. But it's "only" been

74 days since I applied for a refund! I'm waiting for it and the following (B2B) and

have $10K invested. After 2 months they did the trick (which happened to many) and

gave me FCC instead of a refund. After several (many) complaints to my TA and 

Celebrity they decided to change it to a refund but my reward would be waiting

longer. I think you are punished if you complain and go to the bottom of the pile.

I have a question concerning FCC.  We had a nonrefundable deposit on a cruise that was cancelled.  The deposit was to be changed into a FCC.  We received this email that talks about the FCC, but there was no attachment or "guidelines and instructions" that were mentioned in the email.  I responded three days ago asking for more information but have not heard back.  Should there have been an attachment with a code number or something that I can use in the future?

Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises. We appreciate your consideration of our brand for your vacation.

We are sorry to learn that you will be unable to sail with us aboard the Celebrity Silhouette in June of 2020 as originally scheduled. Our records indicate you were booked under a non-refundable promotion. As such, your recent reservation cancellation entitles you to Future Cruise Certificates. Kindly note that the credit issued is equal in value to the deposit amount paid. We ask that you refer to the included guidelines and instructions for redemption when planning your next cruise.  

It is our sincere hope that we will have a future opportunity to welcome you aboard one of our Celebrity ships. We are confident a very special and memorable sailing experience awaits you.

Thanks - Penny

2 minutes ago, acctgtogo said:

I have a question concerning FCC.  We had a nonrefundable deposit on a cruise that was cancelled.  The deposit was to be changed into a FCC.  We received this email that talks about the FCC, but there was no attachment or "guidelines and instructions" that were mentioned in the email.  I responded three days ago asking for more information but have not heard back.  Should there have been an attachment with a code number or something that I can use in the future?

Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises. We appreciate your consideration of our brand for your vacation.

We are sorry to learn that you will be unable to sail with us aboard the Celebrity Silhouette in June of 2020 as originally scheduled. Our records indicate you were booked under a non-refundable promotion. As such, your recent reservation cancellation entitles you to Future Cruise Certificates. Kindly note that the credit issued is equal in value to the deposit amount paid. We ask that you refer to the included guidelines and instructions for redemption when planning your next cruise.  

It is our sincere hope that we will have a future opportunity to welcome you aboard one of our Celebrity ships. We are confident a very special and memorable sailing experience awaits you.

Thanks - Penny

If there's a TA involved maybe ask them if they've had anything, otherwise follow up with Celebrity.

1 hour ago, in2up2 said:

I read all these posts and wonder what I did to get lucky.  Our July 6 cruise was just cancelled last week, and we got refunds today, much to my surprise.

Same here. My June 28th cruise was cancelled last week. I received most of the money back today. Missing about $500. I was shocked to receive any money this fast. Wonder when the rest of the money will show up? Has this happened to others?

16 minutes ago, Jenjohncourt said:

Same here. My June 28th cruise was cancelled last week. I received most of the money back today. Missing about $500. I was shocked to receive any money this fast. Wonder when the rest of the money will show up? Has this happened to others?

When we cancelled on March 17 we received most of our refund on April1st.  We are still owed just over $500 and have called several times and the last time we were told it would be processed in the next several days.  This was three weeks ago - we are still waiting. 

Cancelled my Royal Caribbean Canada/New England cruise on March 15th after learning Canadian ports would be closed till at least July 1st. At that time I specifically requested a refund. On April 15th I received an email from Royal Caribbean reflecting a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) instead of refund. I immediately contacted Royal Caribbean and indicated I requested a REFUND not FCC. They indicated to disregard letter and a refund would be forth coming, we even verified the amount. I subsequently disputed the Credit Card charge with Bank of America (BOA), since I was getting close to the 60 day protest period. As of this date, May 27th, BOA has yet to receive a reply from Royal Caribbean, and neither have I.
Royal Caribbean was very persistent in reminding me my balance payment was DUE 90 days before the cruise and now they seem very persistent in NOT telling me anything. Will update if I EVER hear from Royal Caribbean.

Edited by als1428

5 hours ago, Jenjohncourt said:

Just goes to show they don't know what they're doing.  Some of us are still waiting for refunds for April and May cruises.  Celebrity still owes me more than $5,000.  If they're aiming to make me angry, it's working!

• Like 1

My 1st May sailing was cancelled and I initially asked for a FCC as I have a cruise booked in December (!!). However I quickly changed my mind and asked for a refund on 8th April. Received a FCC today:classic_angry:. Called up Celebrity and told to email. Joy

16 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Just goes to show they don't know what they're doing.  Some of us are still waiting for refunds for April and May cruises.  Celebrity still owes me more than $5,000.  If they're aiming to make me angry, it's working!

Celebrity certainly has a process they follow to make these refunds and to allocate parts of the total refund to various piles.  It seems strange to us that refunds are not made on a FIFO basis or some other logical basis.   And the amount to our credit card is not a lump sum equaling the amount they owe us.  Earlier in the process it appeared that they were processing March cancellations, then April and so on.  That makes sense to me, but that didn’t hold up for long.  People were getting refunds for April cancellations while others were still waiting for March.  Refunds came in pieces too with no apparent reason for the breakdown and often incomplete.  Ours, for example, had four line items: taxes and port charges, gratuities, upgrade charge, and partial cruise fare.  We’re still owed $1080.81 for cruise fare and a call to Celebrity revealed that ½ of that will be refunded soon, followed the by the other half later.  No reason was given for the delay or dividing the remainder in half and processing it separately.  I can only guess that maybe the money still owed us is the discount from the initial booking price and the ultimate price we got before final payment was made.  Perhaps they “bucket” discounts for accounting reasons.

People generally understand when explanations are given timely.  Celebrity made a big mistake in my opinion in not making an explanation as to how refunds would be processed and explaining why some bookings might trigger exceptional processing and delays.  Every day that goes by without our full refund or explanation makes me a little angrier and less likely to ever cruise with them again. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 3:01 AM, BP99 said:

Hi,

Don't be too "amazed". I am still waiting for an April 5 cruise. But it's "only" been

74 days since I applied for a refund! I'm waiting for it and the following (B2B) and

have $10K invested. After 2 months they did the trick (which happened to many) and

gave me FCC instead of a refund. After several (many) complaints to my TA and 

Celebrity they decided to change it to a refund but my reward would be waiting

longer. I think you are punished if you complain and go to the bottom of the pile.

Maybe I can book a new cruise and pay for the sailing up to 6-months AFTER we sail...  HA!😁

Yesterday we finally received FCC for our April 24 TA on the Reflection.   Unfortunately, the amount reflected in the FCC makes no sense what so ever.     We've not received any refund for our refundable airfare, prepaid gratuities, taxes, or the like.   I was under the impression that we would.       Even so, the FCC is more than 125% of our basic cruise fare.    If I try to replicate how Celebrity came up with their FCC amount,  no matter which of the above pieces are added into the equation, the amount of the FCC does not reconcile.

Such a convoluted system!!!

On 5/27/2020 at 12:41 AM, Sam.Seattle said:

Same here. Did you dispute with CC?

On 5/26/2020 at 11:58 PM, Mr. Click said:

I get it if I am the one to cancel but in this case it was Celebrity that canceled and paid the commission.  I have been using that NJ agent for a few years now but their service has fallen off so I am thinking it time for a change anyway.

There are manyvTAs who give OBC , gift cards, prepaid gratuities and I haven’t heard of any TA giving the OBC, the  gift card, or prepaid gratuities to anyone on these cancelled cruises.  I would think if other TA are paying OBC  for cancelled cruises we would have heard of it.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

There are manyvTAs who give OBC , gift cards, prepaid gratuities and I haven’t heard of any TA giving the OBC, the  gift card, or prepaid gratuities to anyone on these cancelled cruises.  I would think if other TA are paying OBC  for cancelled cruises we would have heard of it.

I agree that I would expect to have heard but since too many TAs are playing the we are so busy game it could get lost in shuffle.  Just my own feeling but if they are getting paid we should be getting something too if it was the cruise line that canceled.

Oh, still waiting for dime one from Celebrity......