Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

1 hour ago, hcat said:

We  called automated cust svc number.  It indicated we had a negative credit balance and the  auto voice asked if we wanted a check mailed to us...just press "yes "  Hope  to receive it soon.

Maybe easier than an internal bank transfer???

The automated voice response system said 7-10 days to receive a check in the mail.  I decided to ask to speak to customer service and she said it would be faster to be transferred electronically.  3-5 days she said.   After 14 business days and 3 calls to the bank including finally to a manager the money was transferred.  The manager apologized and said I shouldnt have been told 3-5 days for an amount over $2000.  Larger amounts require special approval.  I guess it sits in an inbox until someone gets around to it.  Is this 2020 or 1920?

On 7/12/2020 at 11:15 PM, K.T.B. said:

No, you should not be charged any admin fees if Celebrity, and not you, cancelled the cruise.  

I contacted Celebrity and they responded just now with an email, regarding the $75 fee that they said was non-refundable.  They apologized for the mistake and for any inconvenience and it should show up as a credit in 30 days😉. I’m happy to hear that and then it will be the end to my refunds😁

Slightly off topic - my airfare refund experience... We were scheduled for a 4-16 October cruise from Boston. I had booked tickets on Delta directly, using their miles+$$ option. Yesterday I called to cancel. Worked through the phone response system, got to a queue for talking to a real person, took the option to have them call me back in 24 minutes.  About 23 minutes later they called, the rep asked a few questions, verified that I wanted to cancel for both of us, told me the new balance on my Miles account following the “refund.”  Done. Took about one minute.

Stan

Happy to say that it seems some refunds are moving faster.  Celebrity cancelled the 9/25 TP on 6/2 and I didn’t expect a refund for at least 60 days.  Got credit card statement a few days ago and our deposit was refunded on 6/10.  
On 6/23 we cancelled 2 others October cruises 1 had a refundable deposit which hit the credit card on 7/1.  The 2nd Had a non-refundable deposit and today we received FCCs for the full deposit.