P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Thanks for the link

My local Medway Maritime has 31 of 35 critical care beds occupied and 245 COVID patients in its 448 beds, better than last week I think when they were sending critical care patients to places like Plymouth

We are Swale which is next to Medway. but we have no Hospital so its Medway for us.. 20+ miles away.  We were in the top 10 of Councils affected, then it went to 20, then 60, and now we are down to l30 in the list which is good.  Hopefully actual Medway will follow us.  

But bad news, two people up the road (prison officers) have it, and I was talking on the phone to an Estate Agent and she was choked up and said she had lost three tenants to Covid just this week and had been dealing with bereaved relatives so we still have a long way to go,  but perhaps some light is at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks all frontline workers, heartfelt thanks,  and good luck with the op Graham.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, indiana123 said:

We are Swale which is next to Medway. but we have no Hospital so its Medway for us.. 20+ miles away.  We were in the top 10 of Councils affected, then it went to 20, then 60, and now we are down to l30 in the list which is good.  Hopefully actual Medway will follow us.  

But bad news, two people up the road (prison officers) have it, and I was talking on the phone to an Estate Agent and she was choked up and said she had lost three tenants to Covid just this week and had been dealing with bereaved relatives so we still have a long way to go,  but perhaps some light is at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks all frontline workers, heartfelt thanks,  and good luck with the op Graham.

Thanks Indiana.

Sorry to hear the sad news from your area.

Our front line workers are amazing.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, zap99 said:

Brian, you have spoilt my tea. I keep getting images of David Mellor in his Chelsea kit. 🤮

Perhaps one should post after the 9 oclock watershed if one is putting peeps off their tea,dinner or supper.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Grey and miserable down here today... 

And that's just me 😊

Andy 

I know the feeling, not much better around here 3c with -5 chill  at the moment .

Glad to see our posters are behaving :classic_unsure: .....

FB_IMG_1610736046761.jpg.b92d5a420a90f8b649c24932fb4e2d49.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

Morning all, wet and miserable here in Medway Kent. The rain seems relentless.

Hubby sleeping lots, not like him at all!

I’ve got to log on to my work computer tomorrow for 3 hours as we’ve got a completely new IT system! Starts Monday and I’m clueless to how it works, hopefully I’ll know more after the session tomorrow. I do feel us home workers have been left out a bit!

• Like 3

Just watched a documentary on the Concordia disaster.OMG that was 9 years ago.They had a load of experts going thru it,what a catalogue of cockups.We sailed from Auckland on the Diamond Princess a month after.The Captain,Dino Sagani took over retraining all the Carnival Corp Captains.Top bloke.

• Like 1

Wet, wet, wet here.  Can’t be lucky all the time

Just a slob-about-and-watch-sport-on-TV day, I think.  Watched Judi Dench in the Blithe Spirit remake last night.  It was fine.  Passed the time.  Felt more like the type of thing you’d see at Xmas.  Absolutely fabulous property.  Sussex coast I think

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Just watched a documentary on the Concordia disaster.OMG that was 9 years ago.They had a load of experts going thru it,what a catalogue of cockups.We sailed from Auckland on the Diamond Princess a month after.The Captain,Dino Sagani took over retraining all the Carnival Corp Captains.Top bloke.

Doesn’t time fly?

I remember hearing about it on the news when I woke and then seeing it on the www 😳

It really was a series of disasters but also something of a miracle that so relatively few lives were lost

We were on Azura just a couple of weeks after.  Muster was observed immaculately.  Everyone paid attention

• Like 1

Woke up to snow which is turning to slush due to the heavy driving rain. I might venture out to restock the bird table. I reckon the local birds are stuffed😲 with bird food😁 I can see 9 hanging feeders and 2 bird tables within 10 yards of my bedroom window.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

Doesn’t time fly?

I remember hearing about it on the news when I woke and then seeing it on the www 😳

It really was a series of disasters but also something of a miracle that so relatively few lives were lost

We were on Azura just a couple of weeks after.  Muster was observed immaculately.  Everyone paid attention

A gust of wind took them from 300 ft to 30ft ofwater otherwise it would have totally capsized.They changed the law making muster mandatory before sailing soon after.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Wow can’t believe that was 9 years ago!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, wet and miserable here in Medway Kent. The rain seems relentless.

Hubby sleeping lots, not like him at all!

I’ve got to log on to my work computer tomorrow for 3 hours as we’ve got a completely new IT system! Starts Monday and I’m clueless to how it works, hopefully I’ll know more after the session tomorrow. I do feel us home workers have been left out a bit!

Sue.

I was sleeping most of the time when I had Covid19 and spent 4 weeks upstairs in bed.

Fingers crossed the rest helps him overcome covid19 quickly.

Graham.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Gonna try to find this to watch today... 

It might quell the desire to cruise for a little bit😊

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Wet, wet, wet here.  Can’t be lucky all the time

Just a slob-about-and-watch-sport-on-TV day, I think.  Watched Judi Dench in the Blithe Spirit remake last night.  It was fine.  Passed the time.  Felt more like the type of thing you’d see at Xmas.  Absolutely fabulous property.  Sussex coast I think

Watching c18 A place in the sun in Tenerife.

18 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Watched Judi Dench in the Blithe Spirit remake last night.  It was fine.  Passed the time.  Felt more like the type of thing you’d see at Xmas.  Absolutely fabulous property.  Sussex coast I think

I may give it a go then - the Times TV critic slated it and gave it one star out of five!

I like winter when it's cold/frosty/sunny etc, but damp and grey (like today in my part of SW Lancs), not so much.  I do like watching my bulbs in pots creep up, and I planted masses this time, knowing they, and the birds, would be a major source of entertainment for the early part of this year.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

I know the feeling, not much better around here 3c with -5 chill  at the moment .

Glad to see our posters are behaving :classic_unsure: .....

FB_IMG_1610736046761.jpg.b92d5a420a90f8b649c24932fb4e2d49.jpg

Miserable Horrible weather here in Christchurch, rain and more rain , wished we had some snow, but you can always count on Kalos to cheer you up no matter the weather 😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1