P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good luck today with the bowling Josy🤞

Avril

Thank you.

I can't do worse than last Tuesday, hopefully we will do as well as we did on Saturday when all  of the team won.

Tuesdays are for the over 60s and are often called "The Shufflers" 😂😂

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

You have all been totally amazing!

thank you thank you thank you for help keep us all safe and well

Michelle

Thank you back Michelle.  That was a lovely post and very much appreciated.  Jane.x

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

A lovely sunny morning here in Stoke, I am hoping that it manages to stay like this for bowling this afternoon.

I am booked for Covid stewarding 3 days this week, 2 of which are at our own doctors surgery so walking distance for a change.

Good luck with the bowls this afternoon Josy.

Well done for helping with the Covid stewarding too.

Graham.

• Like 1

Our eldest grandson whose 36, has his first jab  at 3pm today, Phizer. I'm so relieved as he works at B&Q and is in constant contact with people. I'm hoping our other grandson won't be much longer either as they work in the same store. Our niece whose's 61 also has her jab tomorrow finally, she's had to push hard for it too. 20 years ago she had an anaphylacic response to something, but they didn't know what. It's never happened again, but her GP refused to do her vaccination and said she would have to have it done at the hospital. Now 4 months later her GP said he'd do it. She says it's been a nightmare fighting with them for it. I'm a little concerned, but she's very determined, and if she's not worried then.........

Avril

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Between your and Graham's photos I am starting to be tempted to try RCI, we have stuck with Princess, P&O and Celebrity in the past.

All of the Royal Caribbean ships have great features but the Oasis class is the best by far.

Screenshot_20210518_120539.jpg

Screenshot_20210518_120642.jpg

Screenshot_20210518_120723.jpg

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

All of the Royal Caribbean ships have great features but the Oasis class is the best by far.

We even went into the kids cinema area to watch The Lego Movie, there were loads of adults in there

Michelle 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Our eldest grandson whose 36, has his first jab  at 3pm today, Phizer. I'm so relieved as he works at B&Q and is in constant contact with people. I'm hoping our other grandson won't be much longer either as they work in the same store. Our niece whose's 61 also has her jab tomorrow finally, she's had to push hard for it too. 20 years ago she had an anaphylacic response to something, but they didn't know what. It's never happened again, but her GP refused to do her vaccination and said she would have to have it done at the hospital. Now 4 months later her GP said he'd do it. She says it's been a nightmare fighting with them for it. I'm a little concerned, but she's very determined, and if she's not worried then.........

Avril

Paulines cousin is in her 70s and has an epi pen and has had both vaccines now with minimal side effects.

Graham.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Great that your family are all slowly getting done. It is such a relief when loved ones are more protected.

I hope your niece has no side effects but hopefully they will monitor her closely for a little while after.

Gill x

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Paulines cousin is in her 70s and has an epi pen and has had both vaccines now with minimal side effects.

Graham.

Thanks Graham. I know they have to be careful, but she's frustrated because she only ever had that one reaction 20 years ago and nothing since. 

Avril

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Between your and Graham's photos I am starting to be tempted to try RCI, we have stuck with Princess, P&O and Celebrity in the past.

:classic_biggrin: we have loads more, and videos but doubt I can post the links to these on here a they are on our YouTube channel. RCI have been our most cruised line, but NCL are giving them a run for their money lately for us.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great summary, but I believe RCI have severed their ties with Dreamworks so these no longer appear onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2021 at 1:59 PM, ann141 said:

So pleased to see you back posting and that you now have a cruise to look forward to.Sorry to hear you haven't been well.Take care .We just need Harry and Selbourne to post and with Iona arriving today it will have really cheered people up

Hi Ann and everyone else. Sorry that I haven’t posted for a while and it’s nice to have been missed! Nothing sinister, I’m pleased to say, but as we don’t have any interest in the staycation cruises I didn’t really have anything to say, so I haven’t been visiting the forum as regularly. Once the cruises commence I shall be very interested to hear about people’s experiences, particularly with Iona, so normal service will no doubt be resumed!

Nothing much to report other than we are both double jabbed now (very relieved) and are off to the the Isle of Wight for a week on Friday. The holiday cottage that we use is right on the front in Cowes and we get fantastic views of any cruise ships passing, so if Iona drifts by (I think she might be due out on Tuesday, along with Britannia) then I might try to post a photo or two. In the meantime, very best wishes to all. 

• Like 19

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sorry, but that's my idea of hell.

Avril

Avril - you took the words right out of my mouth. 

If you had to make a list if everything I hate on a cruuse ship, it's on there.

Just awful!

Why even bother going on a cruise, when everything seems geared to pretending you are on land?

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

No need to be sorry Avril ,it's your choice , your holiday and I know we would feel the same.

If every ship was the same that would be boring but thankfully we get to chose a ship that 

suits our needs as so does everyone else ...Happy days :classic_smile:

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

No need to be sorry Avril ,it's your choice , your holiday and I know we would feel the same.

If every ship was the same that would be boring but thankfully we get to chose a ship that 

suits our needs as so does everyone else ...Happy days :classic_smile:

Some years ago my teenage son came back from town with a couple of his friends. Did you book your holiday? Yes we are going to Gumbet in Turkey, Dave has been there.  I looked on the computer. Say's here. Dirty, dusty and noisy. Full of bars and disco's ,nice beach. Dave said... it's just like that..the other 2...sounds ok🤣

• Like 1

Peculiar ‘April showers weather’ a month late, isn’t it?  Have to be a bit smart about avoiding the downpours.  I guess the gardens are looking better and I’m sure the farmers will be happier

It feels strange to have things happening this week, even if they’re very mundane like dental check-up, car service and hair cut.  Small steps towards normality 🤞

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

My daughter gets hers on Sunday, she is 39 and a teacher, she has worked throughout all lockdowns even when self isolating either due to a school related infection or once when my granddaughters secondary school bubble had to isolate. She is getting either Pfizer BioNTech or Moderna vaccine at a GP practice in the borough. This leaves just my youngest son to get his.

I was chatting online to a former member of my project team where I used to work last night, she had family in India and is very worried about them, she has had the vaccine and hope that here family in India will be vaccinated soon. She said we are so lucky to have the NHS who are able to coordinate vaccination across the country at not cost to the individual, her family is not so lucky. She has been ring her friends and relatives her in the U.K. to encourage them to get vaccinated, but there has been so much misinformation rife in that community it’s no wonder they have been resisting coming forward. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Peculiar ‘April showers weather’ a month late, isn’t it?  Have to be a bit smart about avoiding the downpours.  I guess the gardens are looking better and I’m sure the farmers will be happier

It feels strange to have things happening this week, even if they’re very mundane like dental check-up, car service and hair cut.  Small steps towards normality 🤞

We took steps towards normality yesterday when we returned to our EH volunteering roles and actually met and talked to other members of the public. For me a mixture of talking about the Civil War and advising visitors to follow the one way system around the house. It felt normal and strange at the same time meeting other volunteers and staff in the flesh rather than on one of many Zoom calls over the last 12 months. It was a good first day back we were both tired and I slept for 8 hours my wife nearly 9. Let’s hope this new normality can be maintained. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I remember saying very similar about DisneyLand being OK for kids but not really for adults. But when Pauline and I had a final day in Orlando with nothing planned, we decided to try MGM studios, so you know how long ago this was. We were bowled over by the whole experience, and vowed to  keep an open mind about all things holiday and enternment in future. However we still chose a W Coast US touring holiday because it only had 2 days in Vegas, as opposed to 3 days, then had such a good time we wished we had chosen the longer stay.

Maybe we are both just big kids.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Pauline had a few goes on the Carousel and she loved it.

Central Park has the Park Cafe during the day for snacks and 3 speciality restaurants and a wine bar and Trellis bar at night time.

Most of the activities we don't use but lots of people do and seem to love it.

P&O with their new big ships and selling Oceana see this as the  way forward as do most lines who are disposing of the older,smaller and less profitable ships.

There are still behind the scenes tours of the galley,bridge and theatre,wine tasting,Bingo,dance classes,line dancing,daily films shown,cooking lessons, Karaoke,Art Auctions and many other activities for us older passengers to participate in.

• Like 5