P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

And the real get-your-golden-ticket-zero-to-hero-300x161.png.a56f89b3d68b5d58d8b30a877d8e1a82.pnggoes to .....

All the people who have supported each other through thick & thin during the past year ,

giving help and support to each other when it's needed .

YOU'RE ALL WINNERS IN MY BOOK ! :classic_smile::classic_love:

Take care and keep safe guys :classic_smile:

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Well congratulations josy, I was keeping a eye on things yesterday and catching up on everyone’s chat , I’ve not had much time to comment on here as I’m stil busy moving and packing, I think we will be having our first night in our new flat on Saturday 🤩 it’s been a long 3 months clearing the attic and sheds , we had a lovely family leaving home party Saturday night and the grandchildren played games arranged by us with our famous pass the parcel game and this year I included the 4 grownups ( our kids) and they had fantastic presents which all were well and truly happy with , we will miss our hot tub afternoons with a bottle of bubbly, but I’m quite sure we will get plenty of invites from the 4 kids to go and use theirs 😁

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

And the real get-your-golden-ticket-zero-to-hero-300x161.png.a56f89b3d68b5d58d8b30a877d8e1a82.pnggoes to .....

All the people who have supported each other through thick & thin during the past year ,

giving help and support to each other when it's needed .

YOU'RE ALL WINNERS IN MY BOOK ! :classic_smile::classic_love:

Take care and keep safe guys :classic_smile:

+1.

I absolutely agree Kalos.

Graham.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Since when can you get a yellow card after the half time whistle has blown ?

Congratulations Josie and yes a yellow card after the half time whistle has blown is possible. Some have been red carded for incidents as they leave the field at half time or for incidents in the tunnel on the way to the dressing room. I remember a few years ago, a player being red carded after being substituted because he received a second yellow card for leaving the pitch too slowly. 

• Like 2

For myself, I would like to thank you all for coming on here... during those days when we couldn't see our friends your virtual friendship, advice and encouragement to me and probably  to all of us was priceless.

Kalos, you made me laugh every day.  I feel a bit of an affinity with a slightly dodgy ticker myself!!!!!

Thank you for starting this thread Host Sharon, I bet you didn't think it would take off so much... 1000 pages.......

Thanks from the bottom of my heart  xxxx

(oooeeer, I'm not usually sloppy!)🤣

• Like 14

9 hours ago, pete14 said:

Next landmark is post 25000. 

That will be amazing.  This thread has been a great way to connect with other cruise lovers during this awful situation.  It will be lovely if at sometime some of us meet up on our future cruises, there have been a lot of photos of individuals so we may recognise them if we see them. 

Thank you for starting it Sharon.

Long may it continue.

• Like 11

Good morning on this 1000 page, I hope everyone's feeling good today :classic_love:

All this talk of wine takes me back to my teens in the seventies when my  posh drink 

would have been Trophy bitter with it's big white creamy head, that went down well with 

a nice bag of cheese & onion crisp or a bag of pork scratching's :classic_smile: It was around this time

that I became aware a few of my mates girlfriends were making their men stop in and have 

a fondue party and drinking wine .One of my mates said I should try a Blue Nun  :classic_ohmy: which I

found very confusing as I did not think they were like that .:classic_unsure: I remember  being told that

you can kiss a nun once ,possibly twice but you should never get into the habit ! Anyway 

once I realised it was a drink I was well up for it and decided to cycle into town to our 

wine store to buy some Blue Nun and I was in luck ,3 bottles for ten bob ! Thinking how 

to get them home I decided to drink them there and then which was a very good idea as 

I fell off my bike at least eight times on the way home that day .:classic_unsure: 

I remember dating Mrs Kalos and we went out for a meal and she wanted wine but I wanted onion rings as well .When ordering the waiter asked me "red or white?" I told him I would let the chef decide :classic_wacko:

Them were the days eh? :classic_wink:

Take care, keep smiling and stay safe everyone :classic_love::classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 7
  • Haha 7