P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I seem to be having problems replying to topics and doing "likes". Anyone else having issues?

Michelle

I had a few problems doing likes yesterday but it seems OK today.  I was on my Kindle yesterday and my phone today so I don't know if that has made the difference.

Edited by Josy1953

Well done on hitting 1000 pages! Have been lurking for the past 18 months, just wanted to say everyone’s posts have kept me going, & I feel I know you all, apologies for not joining in, got fed up of being logged out every time then forgot my login which I’ve just found 😩

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I seem to be having problems replying to topics and doing "likes". Anyone else having issues?

Michelle

I had some issues a couple of days ago. It took 3 attempts to submit a reply before it finally went through. When I have problems doing likes, I sign out and then sign in again. Usually works.

Avril

We decided this afternoon that we can't  keep worrying about Covid and letting  it stop us from getting back to what we like to do so we have booked a 10 day cruise around Britain on Princess.  We chose Princess because they are saying that everyone has to have had both doses of the vaccine and they allow you off the ships in the ports without being on one of their tours.  I know things can change but I am being optimistic.

Now I have something to look forward too 🚢 🚢

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We decided this afternoon that we can't  keep worrying about Covid and letting  it stop us from getting back to what we like to do so we have booked a 10 day cruise around Britain on Princess.  We chose Princess because they are saying that everyone has to have had both doses of the vaccine and they allow you off the ships in the ports without being on one of their tours.  I know things can change but I am being optimistic.

I am so jealous! We have had builders in for the last two weeks, and I've been working late shifts followed by getting up early which don't go well!  The builders have finished but hubby has now started decorating. Next step is to move all the furniture and get the carpet fitted. By the time it is all finished I will be in dire need of a holiday.

• Like 1

We are watching the news about the terror attacks on the 2 towers in New York and David just told me ( after 20 years ) that he came home from work that day because he was worried because I was due to fly home from via New York.  He said that he cried with relief when my manager rang him to say that he had spoken to me and that I was still safely in South Carolina but no one knew when any one would be able to get out of USA.  I eventually got home 9 days later and I think it was the only time that I hadn’t slept on the flights.

• Like 10

Yes I was watching it this morning too, can’t believe it’s 20 years ago, I remember watching it live on tv and crying for all those people, still brings tears to my eyes , I went to New York about a year after or just under  and went to ground zero and the clear up was still going on and work being done to prepare what is there today, such a sad time being there .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

And thousands more innocent people have died subsequently, due to the decisions made by various politicians. 

What we will never know though is the alternative, which might have been a stronger more active Al Qaeda undetrtaling more frequent and more deadly terrorist attacks on western nations.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

What we will never know though is the alternative, which might have been a stronger more active Al Qaeda undetrtaling more frequent and more deadly terrorist attacks on western nations.

You seem to have forgotten the thousands  of refugees that have died trying to find a better life, due to the actions if Bush and Blair.

But, this is not the time or the place!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good for you Josy and I hope you enjoy princess, we’ve been a bit of a pickle today weather to cancel our princess cruise next Friday and lose our money which we were prepared to do because MIL is at final stages of dementia and got amitted to hospital today with chest infection and being that I am the carrea along with my husband it was too much for my FIL to cope the 5 days we would be away , but her daughter has decided to come over from fuerteventura on Tuesday to give us a break, I’m hoping the, antibiotics will work , she has pneumonia but knowing her daughter is coming will perk her up 🤞and if all goes well we will get away for 5 days , it will be our first cruise on princess  and so much looking forward to it , we’ve had 11 cancelled now but haho that’s nothing to what some have to put up with , she’s more important than a five day cruise, but hopefully she will fight on a little bit more . You made a good choice to get on with life but we all have to be careful and we will be safe , enjoy your cruise 🙂

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You seem to have forgotten the thousands  of refugees that have died trying to find a better life, due to the actions if Bush and Blair.

But, this is not the time or the place!

Nothing suggests to me that the flow of migrants whether economic or political would be any different today. Most migrants want a better more peaceful life, and they feel europe or north  america will provide that.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Nothing suggests to me that the flow of migrants whether economic or political would be any different today. Most migrants want a better more peaceful life, and they feel europe or north  america will provide that.

This  is not the forum.