Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Host Sharon
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon everyone.

It is 23°C and sunny here.

We had a lovely meal last night.

It was a lovely sunset too.

Take care and Prayers 🙏 for Jeans husband.

Stay safe.

Graham.IMG_20210912_194124.thumb.jpg.279c84bc49ea97fe96d11d8ee4f78006.jpg

IMG_20210913_193416.jpg

That looks nice Graham. It is warm by you today, 23 degrees sounds perfect!! 18 degrees here sunny/cloudy. At least no rain and not too warm for the dogs 

Michelle

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon everyone.

It is 23°C and sunny here.

We had a lovely meal last night.

It was a lovely sunset too.

Take care and Prayers 🙏 for Jeans husband.

Stay safe.

Graham.IMG_20210912_194124.thumb.jpg.279c84bc49ea97fe96d11d8ee4f78006.jpg

IMG_20210913_193416.jpg

 Lovely pics Graham. On another cruise?😉

Take care.

Avril

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

snooze.jpg.dbf17ae21e63e88ebfbed120914a1b32.jpg

 

Growing old mmm, I suppose so but getting old ..Never 
I have never been confused thinking that small ships are for the elderly 
and big ships are for the young .Maybe they are but the young at heart 
can go on any size ship really . How to tell if your getting old is easy :classic_smile:
if your getting ready for bed when you used to be getting ready to go out
then I suppose your slowing down .:classic_unsure: There's nothing up with that by the way 
just follow your dreams . I used to dream of being super rich but now I'm a bit
 older I'm a bit more realistic . I used to think of winning that lottery Set For Life,
the one where you get 30k each month without lifting a finger . If I wanted that 
I could have got a job as an MP sat in parliament but age and wisdom tells me to

forget it .Anyone worried about getting old  just remember .. A short nap once in awhile can prevent old age ...(  Especially while driving ! So Avoid that one ) and you will be ok .:classic_smile:
Some young people have been known to walk into a room and forgot what for !
I just went into another room, and I remembered why I went in there
Granted, it was the bathroom, but still ...:classic_wink:
Whatever you age have a good day and keep safe :classic_love:
 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Annoying that's the end of our pretty good (was) fixed price for the winter!

 

Anyone else with either of these two?

 

Energy suppliers People's Energy and Utility Point have both ceased trading today, affecting more than half a million households. If you're with either firm, your energy supply will continue and credit balances are protected. But DON'T switch now – sit tight and wait until your new supplier has contacted you. 

 

Households supplied by People's Energy, which has about 350,000 customers, and Utility Point, which has 220,000 customers, will be transferred to a new supplier, which is yet to be announced. In the meantime, your supply will continue as normal and energy regulator Ofgem says any credit balances will be protected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2021 at 10:40 AM, jeanlyon said:

Well I was really looking forward to our holiday, driving round the UK, but on Friday my husband complained of nasty back pain and by the evening he couldn't bear weight on his right leg.  He is in severe pain and we are going nowhere.  I imagine he has prolapsed a disc.  Poor soul can't even get comfortable in bed.  😪

So sorry to hear that Jean. Hope it improves quickly and fully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2021 at 10:00 AM, SarahHben said:

Hubby and I went to London yeaterday for lunch and a tour of Buckingham Palace gardens.

I was pleased and quite surprised to see most people on the train wore masks. We had booked lunch at our favourite London restaurant, The Wolseley, I was quite nervous about eating indoors and worried about how cramped it would be, but I needn't have worried, tables weren't too close and it didnt feel very busy at all. The waiting staff wore masks as did many of the customers walking throught to tables & loos. The food was good, I had the best kedgeree I'd ever had plus a lemon meringe tart. I should have taken my photo after I'd cut into the delicious oozy egg! Jude Law the actor was sat at the table next to ours, it's so hard not to keep looking when you've seen a famous face 😂

Buckingham Palace gardens were lovely, its the first year theyve allowed people to picnic in the grounds and sit on the big lawn. The guided tour of the private garden areas was brief but good too. and fortunately the forecast rain didnt happen!

 

IMG_9485.JPG

IMG_9486.JPG

IMG_9523.JPG

Strangely enough, I was in London on Friday evening with friends at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre. As they live on the South Coast, they stayed overnight and were booked in for lunch at the The Wolseley on Saturday! I'm too near London to indulge in overnight stays now...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Strangely enough, I was in London on Friday evening with friends at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre. As they live on the South Coast, they stayed overnight and were booked in for lunch at the The Wolseley on Saturday! I'm too near London to indulge in overnight stays now...

I hope your friends enjoyed it as much as we did. We love it there, it's got a great atmosphere. 

Was it busy in Regent's Park area? We're only an hours train ride away from London but pre-Covid we  quite often stayed overnight if we were going to an evening event. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Ooh are you? Would explain the nice weather!

 

Better predicted for us tomorrow and as I’ve got my grandson after not having him last week it should be a good day!

Tonight's meal.

Take care everyone.

Been invited for flu vaccine.

Hopefully Covid vaccine booster soon.

Graham.

 

IMG_20210914_195752.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I hope your friends enjoyed it as much as we did. We love it there, it's got a great atmosphere. 

Was it busy in Regent's Park area? We're only an hours train ride away from London but pre-Covid we  quite often stayed overnight if we were going to an evening event. 

Not too bad. Pre-theatre we ate at Bill's in Baker St, which was pretty quiet. The theatre was quite busy but of course, open air. We lived in Brighton and before my partner died, we often stayed overnight post theatre but now I have moved, I am less than an hour, door-to-door so it would be very indulgent 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Britboys said:

Hope that tasted better than it looks Graham...😂

I thought the same!  

What was it? Prawns, broccoli,  gravy and various unidentified shredded vegetables ! And one token frozen roast potato. 

Hope Graham wasn't hungry. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Annoying that's the end of our pretty good (was) fixed price for the winter!

 

Anyone else with either of these two?

 

Energy suppliers People's Energy and Utility Point have both ceased trading today, affecting more than half a million households. If you're with either firm, your energy supply will continue and credit balances are protected. But DON'T switch now – sit tight and wait until your new supplier has contacted you. 

 

Households supplied by People's Energy, which has about 350,000 customers, and Utility Point, which has 220,000 customers, will be transferred to a new supplier, which is yet to be announced. In the meantime, your supply will continue as normal and energy regulator Ofgem says any credit balances will be protected.

Yes we are and already in credit with them and they took a £100 of us yesterday, I’ve just told my husband now because I’ve only just read your post this morning, been so caught up moving and cleaning my old house to hand keys over not been watching the news . 😡😡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Purdey16 said:

Yes we are and already in credit with them and they took a £100 of us yesterday, I’ve just told my husband now because I’ve only just read your post this morning, been so caught up moving and cleaning my old house to hand keys over not been watching the news . 😡😡

Hope that’s going well - not easy at the moment.  The energy thing is a disappointment, nothing more. The money’s perfectly safe, but the new supplier taking over, whoever it is, will almost certainly not match the tariff.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all,we made it back on schedule,5hrs.We met up for dinner with our friends Dawn and Mario who drove over last week and Nick and Elaine from Boston Lincs who are here for a week. A couple of observations,France who I thought were more strict allowed self service breakfast buffets and Italy does not allow it and required covid jab proof at motorway food areas.A friend of Nicks was concerned about him going to Europe and he went to Cornwall and the whole family came back with covid,irony.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hope that’s going well - not easy at the moment.  The energy thing is a disappointment, nothing more. The money’s perfectly safe, but the new supplier taking over, whoever it is, will almost certainly not match the tariff.

My tariff has jumped this year after a good deal with EDF last year. I looked at a couple of the new companies but after so many of them have gone bust over the last few years stuck with a 2 year fix with EDF. We are lucky in the fact our energy costs are reasonable because we have good insulation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Host Anne locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...